• New relationship - Old lingerie/toys

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

What are peoples thoughts on using the same lingerie or toys with a new partner as you have used with a previous one? I have invested a lot of money into my lingerie and toys and bondage items. Also some of my favourites have now been discontinued. What would you do? Start afresh or just keep them in your new relationship?

Jann [sign in to see picture]

Lingerie I'd definitely keep (and have done...)

Toys on the other hand, it depends on whether both you and your partner will be using them, or if previous partners have used them. This is just a cleanliness thing, so if you made sure to use condoms or wash toys after every use, then it should be totally fine.

As long as you're comfortable with using them with new partners, I'd say it's just the same as using a position you first tried with an ex with a new person. No problem by me.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Lingerie...why not? Would you only wear an outfit once? Seriously stuff is expensive wash it up and go for it.

In my book if the toys were not inserted into a past partner why not?

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Sounds like things on the way up.

Shouldn't be a problem although you may want new things yourself to signal start of a new era.

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Definitely keep the lingerie (but it may be a good reason to get something new too hehehe).

Since you're a girl and most of the toys are to use on you, I'd definitely keep them too. If there are some toys for men, maybe I'd consider throwing them away, especially since most of male toys are made from porous and non-hygienic material. Unless it's an insertable toy, I'd then sanitize it maybe. After all, sleeping with a new partner is like sleeping with all of his pasts partners too so, why using tos on different partners should matter?

Zephron [sign in to see picture]

When starting a new relationship it's always fun to compare 'toy boxes' to see what your new little friend is into.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I would definitely keep the lingerie. I'd also keep clitoral vibrators or any toys that were only inserted into you. Any toys (other than ones that can be sanitized) that were used on a partner, should be disposed of. I think most bondage items should be fine too, providing there was no bodily fluids involved!

Gigglesandjiggles [sign in to see picture]

Yup I agree with what others have said, keep anything other than insertables used on a previous partner unless they can be sterilised. I definitely wouldn't give up my underwear collection for anyone!
    So glad it going well for you xxx

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Personally I think I'd have a psychological barrier and would end up buying new. Obviously if this isn't the case with you then take precautions with sterilising and get down with it lol. All the best in your new relationship. xx

N&Mc [sign in to see picture]

Concur with what others have said. Keep the lingerie especially if your favoured items have been discontinued. Toys I think are ok if they were used on you rather than a previous partner.

As Mamz said it could be a good excuse to get some new items :)

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

NatandTom wrote:

I would definitely keep the lingerie. I'd also keep clitoral vibrators or any toys that were only inserted into you. Any toys (other than ones that can be sanitized) that were used on a partner, should be disposed of. I think most bondage items should be fine too, providing there was no bodily fluids involved!

+1 Totally agree with this :) xx

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Definately keep the lingerie, particularly if you feel confident in it.

As for toys, as long as they are non porous (silicon, glass, metal) I would clean thoroughly and introduce slowly with a new partner. If an item was porous like jelly rubber, bin it and buy new.

Bondage stuff, again I would clean thoroughly with leather cleaner, or other appropriate cleaning materials and keep. I think as long as things are thoroughly cleaned and non porous, keep it.

Do you change your matress when you get a new partner?

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Did you buy the Lingerie yourself or were they are present from a previous partner? bondage items are a definite worth keeping or your just throwing away to buy again. Toys if there ur's then keep if there male toys always ask your new partner how he feels. Or come on to Lovehoney with him and buy some stuff together so he feels that you brought stuff to go with your collection.

MondaySixteenth [sign in to see picture]

My personal stand point is that, as a fellow LH hoarder, most of the things I have bought I will keep and hopefully reuse with a new partner because I have bought items that will be used on/in me.

I never bought any male toys that my ex didn't keep himself which would be my cut off. So all my vibes (clit and insertable), butt plugs, canes, floggers, whips, lingerie, etc are keeping. He can keep his tenga. That's my personal cut off - bin toys that have been in someone else (and maybe consider how porous they are as other commenters have said)

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I agree with everyone else :) It would be horribly expensive to throw away everything you have ever bought and buy new, since most of it anyway probably is used on you.

Out of me and my OHs collection, he only have a Fleshlight and a couple of cock rings anyway :p

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

I asked exactly the same question a couple of years back after my break up and got a lot of advice from here

In the end I got rid of a few things immediately that were just too 'painful' to hold on to. Then over the course of the following 6-12months I ended up gretting rid of a lot of stuff anyway and upgrading to better quality products. Now when I look back there's nothing to connect me to my ex, just toys for my own pleasure.

Thank you so much for all of your helpful responses :) I have had a small clear out of my lingerie but I discovered most of it I just loved too much! Luckily my ex was never really one for toys for his own use so the only thing that I will probably have to throw out is the Lelo Noa and a cockring. I will give all of the bondage items a good clean and keep those too =D I'm so pleased you didn't all recommend I chucked the lot haha x

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Yep definately bin the cockring because it was on him.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Thank you so much for all of your helpful responses :) I have had a small clear out of my lingerie but I discovered most of it I just loved too much! Luckily my ex was never really one for toys for his own use so the only thing that I will probably have to throw out is the Lelo Noa and a cockring. I will give all of the bondage items a good clean and keep those too =D I'm so pleased you didn't all recommend I chucked the lot haha x

Its nice to see so much positivity coming from you so soon . It looks like you have got your life back on track.So a big well done for that.

Lingerie is too nice to chuck out unless of course it doesn't fit .

Thank you mysteron :) the man I have met is really nice which is a wonderful change from my ex partner. Obviously it's early days yet but I'm feeling positive for the future =D x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.