• So at 2am this morning I went to A&E

Lovehoney - Sian [sign in to see picture]

Morning, what a great relief! I am so pleased, it has been on my mind. I hope this has put your mind at ease and what an unfortunate trigger eh!!!! X

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

I'm glad ur CT scan was all clear and everything is all ok. I know migraines are awful hopefully the doctors can advise you what best to do when you do have one.

sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Sian wrote:

Morning, what a great relief! I am so pleased, it has been on my mind. I hope this has put your mind at ease and what an unfortunate trigger eh!!!! X

I know! I wish it was something else but nooooo! Thanks again for your concern Sian xx
    Double post, sorry!
    Onlyones [sign in to see picture]

Glad it is nothing more serious than migraines though I do know how bad they can be as they also run in our family.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Morning all!

So I eventually got a CT scan, and everything was ok. AsYouWish, I did not have a lumbar puncture as they are certain it's migraines.

My family suffer with migraines, all on my mums side. This is perhaps hereditary, I will make another appointment with my Gp and go from there, but both doctors ive seen believe I could be an unfortunate one who has then triggered by sex. From there I will be referred to a neurologist who will dig deeper and investigate further. Also my blood pressure goes hi and low as discovered last night, this is something he will help me with too.

Feeling much better this morning. I was on my own last night and felt really scared sat in the hospital. My oh was working nights and my parents live miles and miles away.

I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words, especially to the person that got in contact anonymously (I would like to thank you personally if that is possible) and to the lovely Sian for getting in contact, too. It just shows what a unique and great environment this is. Xx

What a relief, I was so worried.  Migraines are awful things, I used to have them quite a lot when I was younger, but I have now cut out all the things that trigger them for me.  I still get them occasionally, especially if I have had a lot of stress.  Maybe keep a food diary and see if you can find a particular trigger, it may also be environmental like stress, strong perfumes, cigarette smoke etc.  

I really am so relieved that your scan was clear though.  Sending you lots of hugs xx 

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I'm glad you managed to get an earlier scan and that it all seemed clear. Sorry to hear that it could be migraines triggered by sex though, that's an unfortunate combination! I used to suffer from very intense migraines throughout childhood and they worsened when I started my periods, something to do with hormones.. so I understand how horrible they are! Hopefully they will be able to find a good medication that you can take if you feel one happening again :) x

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

So relieved its migraines and not something more serious. Had us all worried! What a trigger to have! Like Nat mine were triggered by hormones. Certain points of pregnancy and I was bed ridden. Hopefully they get you some medication that helps you. X

Thanks again all!

My OH made me breakfast in bed. A lovely bacon sandwich when he got in from work. Feel aso though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

Oooh bacon. It may not be a cure for everything but its pretty far close! Get some rest love x

LeilaK [sign in to see picture]

That's great news Sugarboobies 😊 so pleased your scan results were clear. Take it easy and enjoy your bacon sandwich. x

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Seems wrong to say I'm glad that's all it is cos sex induced migraine is bad enough, in fact any migraine is awful, have suffered myself but seem to have grown out of them.

But I am most certainty glad it was nothing like a bleed - well done for getting it looked into, and fingers crossed they can help you long term - hugs xxxx

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

Sugar - you had us really worried for awhile there. I'm super glad that it's nothing serious hunni. Migraines are really awful, can your gp give you something to ease the pain?

Fairplay for getting it looked into, and now you can rest easily.

Sending big cyber hugs hunni 💖xx

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

So glad you're feeling a bit better now and no doubt quite relieved too ! I know how hideously painful migraines are ,mine are triggered by stress and hormones .
    I certainty hope some form of treatment is available....you wouldn't want to have to give up sex !
    Sending you my best x

Thanks again for all the kind words and concern. I'm overwhelemed with kindness from you all.

There is somebody that is contacting me anonymously via the forum moderators with medical advice who is in the industry. I've been advised to get a second opinion on what I was told at the hospital, and would need a lumbar puncture to diagnose and rule out a hemmeroage (SAH) so going back to doctors in the morning to speak to someone different. I just want to rule everything out and make sure I am ok. Whoever you are, thankyou so much for your concern, and I've followed your advice. The kindness and concern of strangers is amazing, and you've restored my faith in humanity also. Will let you know what happens next!

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

Sounds like the right thing to do. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how you get on.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Looks like it's all happening during my brief sabbatical.
    Hope you're OK Miss Boobies.

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sounds like the right thing to do. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how you get on.

Sum Sub wrote:

Looks like it's all happening during my brief sabbatical.
    Hope you're OK Miss Boobies.

Thanks Sub. So my GP is phoning the hospital this morning to see what they say, whether I need to go for a lumbar puncture or mri scan. She was surprised this wasn't given when I went to A&E Monday night, but as something similar happened a couple of years ago (intense headache again point of orgasm) they may not be inclined as it could be coital headaches I get when having sex. Will let you know.

AsYouWish! wrote:

Ok so saw my GP again this morning. She rang the hospital as she too was concerned about why I was booted out of hospital so quickly after my scan. Turns out quite a few people have looked and reviewed over everything after she called them and because something similar happened a couple of years ago, (I was on top, felt a bulding painful pressure in my head the closer and closer i got to orgasm, so I stopped. This time I didn't stop and stupidly kept going which resulted in this headache) and they all agree to not do further testing ie lumbar puncture/mri.

They believe it is coital headaches which are apperently quite rare. I'm so glad I've had this investigated, so thank you my guardian angel for looking out for me and telling me to go and get more help. I've been told should this happen again and my symptoms change, then I go to A&E and get it investigated. I hope you read this, then I'll ask for this to be taken down as I've given out quite a bit of information about my story and quite a few people in RL now know!

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you are feeling better.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.