• Piercings - to do or not to do that is the question.

yang77 [sign in to see picture]

During a conversation with my husband the subject of getting my clit pierced arose. He said it would be a turn on for him and I have heard it might heighten my pleasure so I thought I'd ask you lovely lot for any advice. Pros's/Cons for both partners, how long would I have to go without sex for? How do I ensure I find a decent piercer?

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Hey there. Do you mean an actual through the clitoris piercing? Very few, if any piercers will do this due to the risk of serious nerve damage or do you mean a clitoral hood piercing?

I have fancied a vertical clitoral hood piercing for a few years so have spent a lot time researching it and trying to find a suitable piercer in my area - still no joy there but have decided after trying the q-tip test and failing miserably to forget it about as my anatomy is just too small to go for it.

A jewelled clitoral clamp is a less permanent way to decorate your precious pearl.

Some women notice a big difference in sensation and others have none at all. I've also read that it can be a bit annoying when using a vibrator due to the noise of the vibrator hitting it.

There are many piercing forums online and Elayne Angel has a good website with lots of information including details of how to do the q-tip test.

As for sex afterwards most information I have seen says to wait at least 4 weeks for it to settle and heal.

Hopefully someone who has it done will come along and provide you with more information :)

Forgot to say that there are lots of old threads about piercings if you search the forums. I will try to link some for you later.

If you do decide to go for it make sure you get recommendations for the piercer you choose first so you know that they are fully trained and licenced to do it and are practicing safe, hygienic procedures. Ideally see if you can go in just for a consultation to have a chat and get a look around the place without having to get it done on the same day. It's better to see the place in person first rather than just talking on the phone.
    Go away and have a really, really good think about it before you decide to go ahead because of where they are piercing. If you really don't like it after you get it done you can always take it out and let it heal up anyway. Good luck :)

Here's a few threads :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lovehoney-news/off-topic/859781-would-you-ever-get-pierced-there/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lovehoney-news/sex-tips-and-talk/946219-clitoral-hood-piercing-your-views/
    Oops the second one didn't work.

This is it again

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lovehoney-news/sex-tips-and-talk/946219-clitoral-hood-piercing-your-views/

This is a good one as there a fully qualified person who comments on it so loads of great information. Hope this helps :)

Thank you ImH95, I was thinking about either a through the clit piercing or a clitoral hood but think I need do do a lot more research. The links you have sent me are very helpful and a great start, thank you 😃

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

MrsMD77 wrote:

Thank you ImH95, I was thinking about either a through the clit piercing or a clitoral hood but think I need do do a lot more research. The links you have sent me are very helpful and a great start, thank you 😃

Hey MrsMD77

I just wanted to add here that no decent body piercer would ever pierce through your actual clitoris. If someone says they will do it for you RUN as fast as you can in the opposite direction! 

Take a look at the links lmh95 sent - the comments by 'That Pierced Guy' are great. As an ex-body piercer myself, and a fan of his work, I can safely say you can trust all of his advice whole-heartedly. 

Please please do your research - bodyjewelleryshop.com have a GREAT forum for piercing advice. One of my personal favourites from when I was body piercing. You should also check out the APP (Association of Professional Piercers) for recommended best practice, so you can make sure you go to someone decent.

If you have any specific questions once you've checked those out, I'll be happy to offer more advice :) 

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Oh forgot to link....

APP

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Hi if you live near Sheffield I have the details of a piercer that I would wholeheartedly recomend. Had my nipple done there quite a few years ago now. If your nowhere near Sheffield, then sorry I can't help.

Unfortunately I have no useful information on clitoral piercing.

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

I think you mean Vch or hch my wife has a Vch and two inner labia piercings (good for pulling on),we both like it(vch) though the bar can get twisted round not sure it adds much in terms of enjoyment but it's still kinky always use rings in the labia. There are several other types try Google female genital piercings or look on body jewellery shop at their guides. Both of above heal really quickly and are some of the least painful way less than nipple say, my wife said.

Thank you for all your help, didn't have wifi for a couple of days to be able to respond x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.