• Putting on a condom

JohnA [sign in to see picture]

I’ve written a couple of condom reviews recently and it started me thinking. I’ve seen many comments here and other places on the net about what a nuisance condoms are and specifically about how long it takes to put one on. I must have used a condom thousands of times since I started having sex (and that was a LONG time ago) and it’s almost never taken more than about ten seconds, whether I’ve done it or the girl, the only exceptions being difficulty opening the package with wet fingers and some ladies just being ultra careful, I think, that it was rolled right down and staying down before getting on with things!

So, just out of curiosity, what are your experiences, men and women? Easy on or a tedious distraction?

HappyBoy [sign in to see picture]

Both. It is pretty easy but can be a distraction at a vital moment. The main distraction for me is that I never seem to have one within reach and have to do to another room or part of the room toget one. Unfortunatly can't leave them casually hanging around becaue of little people in hte house.

HappyBoy wrote:

Both. It is pretty easy but can be a distraction at a vital moment. The main distraction for me is that I never seem to have one within reach and have to do to another room or part of the room toget one. Unfortunatly can't leave them casually hanging around becaue of little people in hte house.

Don't have that problem, thankfully! And in my single days, I almost always had some on me, although I did get caught short a couple of times. One of those times I ended up with quite a sedate looking headteacher at a conference. I was about to apologise that I wasn't prepared when she brought out a packet of ribbed from her makeup bag - former girl guide obviously :-)

mamz [sign in to see picture]

It takes a bit longer for us. We realised that the condoms et are using are probably too small because it keeps rolling up and we have to put a little more effort to unroll it down untill is stops rolling up.

Also, an important part sone may forget (it only takes a few seconds) is pressing the little bag at the end

N&Mc [sign in to see picture]

Have found the process of putting a condom on a bit of a mood killer. Even when a partner has put it on with their mouth I find it distracting and not really pleasurable. Glad I don't have to wear them now

mamz wrote:

It takes a bit longer for us. We realised that the condoms et are using are probably too small because it keeps rolling up and we have to put a little more effort to unroll it down untill is stops rolling up.

Also, an important part sone may forget (it only takes a few seconds) is pressing the little bag at the end

You mean it rolls up just when you'r putting it on or during sex as well?
    And, yes, youy're right about the liitle bag.

When putting it on. When it's all the way down se can't seem to unroll the ladt inch because it just keeps rolling up again but it doesn't roll up any further after that. Thabksfully

mamz wrote:

When putting it on. When it's all the way down se can't seem to unroll the ladt inch because it just keeps rolling up again but it doesn't roll up any further after that. Thabksfully

Why don't you try XL or similar?

We always though he was average and never eealised it was abnormal and we don't wear condoms as often now so :P

NiceGuyNorthEast [sign in to see picture]

Never had any problems with them, wearing one is better than an STD or un-planned pregnancy.

One of my ex girlfriends found it quite sexy to either put the condom on or watch me.

Gem276 [sign in to see picture]

We are about to have this problem as I switched my pill and the Dr said we need to use condoms for a week! He particularly finds it a mood killer!

Penny26 [sign in to see picture]

Even though we don't need to use them I like to occaisionaly if I don't want to dribble during the day. My husband discovered he needed the extra large when I recently bought some by mistake ! finally he was comfortable after years of struggling with them being tight. I find it very sexy watching him put one on and it confirms that we are going to do something "naughty" those were the days.

Jinjo96 [sign in to see picture]

Me and my partner always find it hard to put them on. I think they may be a bit small for him. Not sure what size would be best for him.

Zephron [sign in to see picture]

Ive never had any problems, either opening, or putting them on.

Had to check a few times, if its a seriously long session and partner is very wet that they dont slip off accidentally though.

Penny26 wrote:

Even though we don't need to use them I like to occaisionaly if I don't want to dribble during the day. My husband discovered he needed the extra large when I recently bought some by mistake ! finally he was comfortable after years of struggling with them being tight. I find it very sexy watching him put one on and it confirms that we are going to do something "naughty" those were the days.

It's to avoid her dribbling that we use them as well - for morning sex if she needs to go out anywhere soon afterwards. Although it obviously feels even better without, I've never had a problem with needing to use a condom - as I put it on I just feel the excitement of being about to have sex!

Mr oh [sign in to see picture]

I find them a real pain.
    I am pretty girthy so getting the ring over my head takes to hands to stretch it open.
    Once it's over my head it rolls down easy enough.
    Gets frustrating though having to stop and prat around with it.

Mr-Mrs-Sexy [sign in to see picture]

If im out out or I am confident i will be needing one then I have it in my pocket and put it on while giving oral, (who says men cant multi-task) I have done it a few times and they have had no idea. So overall i dont mind them at all really, can be annoying if you dont have one to hand as mentioned but i cant see how it takes long to put one on

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

I've never had a problem putting one on, and it's certainly not the end of the world if I have to wait a minute for my partner to put it on. As it is, I hate them. Only use them out of necessity because I can't go on the pill, don't want a coil, and am absolutely done with hormone-based contraception.

VioletWolf wrote:

I've never had a problem putting one on, and it's certainly not the end of the world if I have to wait a minute for my partner to put it on. As it is, I hate them. Only use them out of necessity because I can't go on the pill, don't want a coil, and am absolutely done with hormone-based contraception.

You have my sympathies! When I was single I did use condoms very conscientiously, for health reasons and to avoid getting anyone pregnant, but it's bad having no choice but to use them all the time in a steady relationship :-(

GingerClaire [sign in to see picture]

I think not losing momentum is key. I keep him close with lots of kissing and touching no matter which one of us is doing it. It doesn't spoil sex for us because of the excitement of what's to come.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.