• Vasectomy

chucky87 [sign in to see picture]

I'm Considering have a vasectomy as my wife and I have been together for years and don't want any more children. Also as we currently are using the pill I don't like the increased risk of breast cancer and blood clots taking the pill puts my wife in.

So my question is what is sex lime after having a vasectomy and does it feel any different cumming?

luvved up cupple [sign in to see picture]

No different at all. Had mine 3yrs or so ago and once the swelling & pain went down - imagine being kicked in the balls and then stuffing two apples in your pants. (they don't get that big but it feels like it) this was done late Nov. By early Dec I was back to normal. Remember to take care before you get the all clear!

Badger73 [sign in to see picture]

Had mine done about 4 years ago (when we were still in the UK). Had it done on a friday morning, back at work on the monday and back in the sack on the thursday. I had a little bit of pain and discomfort but nothing that i had to have pain killers. As i say i was back at work on the monday and riding motorcycles is part of my job and had no problems.

Mr Badger.

Gem276 [sign in to see picture]

How quickly can you get it done on the NHS.?

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

This thread may also be helpful on this topic 

/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1173122-vasectomy/

Pickles42 [sign in to see picture]

If your worried about recovery time can I suggest female sterilisation as recovery is pretty much instant .

I had rods inserted and was back to work the next day . Surgery took less that an hour and was pretty painless as was drugged up abit .

Only downfall is that is permanent

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Pickles42 wrote:

Only downfall is that is permanent

I would also suggest that a vasectomy is far more permenant than some people may believe 

So Yes it can be reversed and the odds on that reversal being a success can be high in some cases- this is only that they have connected the tubes back together successfully. It does not indicate that sperm is present and does not take in consideration scar tissue. 

The reversal was considered a success in our circumstances because his tubes healed together nicely but he is still infertile. There are now antibodies present in the sperm causing the issues and that was an impact of the vasectomy. 

Sorry I just wanted to stress that a vasectomy should be taken  on as a permenant procedure as reversal can be complex and not as successful as you may think. 

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

Not all best decision you can ever make. It means you can be very spontaneous. It adds pleasure. Also agree that it allows the woman's body to be normal. Most pills have side effects and I always hated condoms. No differences to sex. I had a huge sex drive before and still have the same now.

Make sure you follow all the advice post op. I've had mine 15 years now. Fantastic.

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

Gem276 wrote:

How quickly can you get it done on the NHS.?

Mine was 6months

Colonel Lube [sign in to see picture]

Got mine done in a couple of months. Was easy, although a little strange as a knee the doctor through my ambulance work so whilst I could see him we were chatting about things really informally with a background of a faint but if spell. Done at my local doctors surgery in a few minutes.

Was pain for a few days afterwards and some swelling. Also kept me out of playing rugby for about a month.

Sex life wise, had to have some time off but not too long. All has been fine since with no plumbing problems.

hornyat50 [sign in to see picture]

I had a vasectomy thirty one years ago and have never looked back, sex is better with no worries and feel just the same physically but better mentally with no worries about pregnancy.

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

For me, referral to op is 13 weeks. My snip is five weeks from tomorrow. Looking fwd to it :)

Gem276 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks guys, I will be showing this to my partner! We have only been together for 7 months but he's got 4 kids (he's 41) and I have 2 (I am 33) I hate taking the pill as the usual Weight gain, monthly thrush, constantly hungry etc and we used condoms for a while but they tended to mean that he'd lose his erection. I adore children and don't think I could ever say that I would never want more but at the same time I love the life we have with the big family and the "couple time" every other weekend and he is dead set that he doesn't want more, things like holidays are ridiculously expensive for us as a family as we are an 8 piece and so I have said that I will continue to take the pill for 3 years and if nothing changes then I want him to have a vasectomy.

He said that he thought about it before me when he was with his ex wife but then watched it being done on YouTube and was put off!

Is that a sensible approach? Am I being reasonable?

To much [sign in to see picture]

Definitely have it done, had mine 2 years ago, it's not that it hurts it just aches for a week, just make sure you have about 60 wanks when your ready,,

before you do your sperm samples after, and no it doesn't feel different after when you cum or look different

chucky87 [sign in to see picture]

Thank you everyone it is really helpful to read experiences and opinions for people that have through it.

I will be going to chat with GP.

My GP tried to talk me out of it, I was 39 at the time and have 2 children already, I was ready for it, it sounds scary when you read about it online but have a couple of days off work get some snug underwear and rest, it will be fine, just make sure you masturbate everyday day for at least 50 to 60 times before you have your first sperm test afterwards, not sure if you know but you have to provide 2 sperm samples 6 weeks after the op to see if it's worked, that's when you wank like mad to clear all you tubes out

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Yep, Dr will try to talk you out of it, encourage you and your OH to try the coil, the implant, to continue with condoms... to say I've already got kids and don't want any more won't be enough by itself.

I had to argue the toss a little; and then win out an awkward silence contest before he caved and said he'd refer me. Then in a sulk he warned me that just because he was referring me they could still refuse to carry out the procedure. Marie Stopes clinic called up a few days later and booked me straight in.

P.S. how the hell do you wank 50-60 times a day to clear out the tubes. If I wanked 10 times in a day my cock would snap off!

No not 50 to 60 times a day I meant 50 to 60 times over a couple of months before the sperm test

shy perv [sign in to see picture]

sex squid I had a similar experience spoke to the Dr got the leaflets and told to come back again once I've read them.

Dixie Flatline [sign in to see picture]

I just had mine on May 5th. I was a bit unfortunate in that the electrocautery machine they used gave me a right belt in the left bollock, it swole up pretty badly! I recommend at least a week off work unless you really are sat utterly still, definately two weeks if you do manual labour/lots of walking about. I definately do not recommend riding motorcycles for a good two weeks! Stock up on ibruprofen and paracetomol too.

Being an obstinate tit, I broke both those rules-back at work in eleven days, commuting by motorcycle. I'd done about 20 miles on my bike 9 days after, by the time I got home I was crying and needed co-codamol and a good sleep. Problem is I'm usually quite active and get bored easily, but I was really worried I'd proper spannered myself. After 2 weeks I was pretty much OK, if I'd followed my own advice I think I'd have been completely OK after then.

I got a small lump on each side where it sealed, you'll need to find close fitting pants to keep it all supported. I think they were the granules you sometimes get, again probably because I'm an impatient fool as above.

6 weeks later, I'm back to normal and very happy. Sex drive is as good as it ever was, no difference at all other than knowing soon I won't have to worry about kids :D

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.