• HELP!

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

Morning :)

I need some advice n help, unfortunately I think im gunna have to go get the morning after pill, due to condom splitting, ive never had this issue before so im a bit frightened to go get it etc I dont wanna tell anyone :(

Sounds silly saying it but i dont wanna discuss it with my mum or my friends etc only person id of gone 2 is out of the country atm.

So can anyone give me info on process where to get it from.

Will I have 2 pay.

Is easy and painless.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception-guide/pages/emergency-contraception.aspx

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

You get it from a pharmacy and yes it will cost you, but not much. It is really easy, it is just a pill you swallow and there is no pain involved at all. But you must take the pill whitin 72h from the intercourse.

Thank you, I just feel guilty..

And bloody stupid for only relying on one form of contraception :'(

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

It's super-easy - Sum Sub has given you a good link to follow.

If you go to the docs you can get it for free, but it isn't always easy to make an appointent quick enough. 

I've been to Boots to purchase it before (It was always about £27 before I think but we're talking a few years ago I last needed a morning after pill so might be different now?). You go along, have a little chat with the pharmacist in a private room, buy the pill and take it immediately. Some people can geta  little nauseous from it, but I never felt any side effects. 

It's very straightforward and if nothing else, gives you peace of mind. 

You must take it within 3 days of the "incicent", but the longer you wait, the less effective it will be. They say it's best to get it in you within 24 hours if you can. 

In the mean time, try not to fret! Most of us have been in the same situation, and it's exactly what the pill is there for. It's better to take a pill than be looking at making a very tricky decision in the future re pregnancy. You'll be fine and the pharmacy staff / doctor has always been very understanding and supportive whenever I've needed the pill in the past. 

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

Happened to me too many years ago. But don't worry, it is really easy. Try to take the pill as fast as you can :)

Dom+sub1810 [sign in to see picture]

I have been to the family planning clinic in the past to get the morning after pill. They are very good and can keep things confidential.

Good luck x

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

I did just this last week condom failure to and i just had a baby 5 weeks ago so certainly don't want to chance another price can very slightly I paid £25 from pharmacy and want in little room quick chat took pill had a little back ache next day like period time pain that was it. Just make sure it's within 72hrs and sooner u take it more effective it is. Realy is easy as that.

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

If you ring 111 they can tell you the pharmacists in your area that sell it and the GUM clinics where you can get it for free.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I went to my lcal walk in clinic and they saw me straight away (usually it's at least a 3 hour long wait) and I got it for free.

Tr [sign in to see picture]

You can go to a pharmacy and pay about £25 pounds. Unfortunately when I had to go and get it the pharmacist was less than discreet and asked me what I wanted in front of a massive queue of people. Luckily I'd looked up the name on the Internet first and hoped that nobody knew what Levonelle was...It has to be taken within 72 hours.

Also - don't forget to follow up with a pregnancy test a few weeks after you take the pill, just to be sure it worked for you. 

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Don't feel guilty. You are aware a Condom broke... it happens and you need the back up. That us being responsible now go get what you need hon.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Also - don't forget to follow up with a pregnancy test a few weeks after you take the pill, just to be sure it worked for you. 

+ 1 on this 

Vanessa8 wrote:

Don't feel guilty. You are aware a Condom broke... it happens and you need the back up. That us being responsible now go get what you need hon.

+100000 

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I wanted to pop on to say pretty much what others have said , it's painless  and does have a cost , unless you book with the GP, but make sure you do it as soon as possible . 72 hours is a recommended time frame but the quicker the better. 

Also usually a period follows afterwards as this can be a tell tell sign if it has worked out , I didn't know this until a friend had mentioned it and then literally rushed for a pregnancy test. I don't want to worry you but please sooner rather than later , trust me on this. 

You are being very responsible and it happens , it is just one of those things in adult life. Don't be frightened.

Thanks everyone, I just feel stupid that im only relying pn one form of conception ...normally id be on something to but ivebeen giving my body time to ŕecover after being on some for years, and just having implant removed.. plus ive not been dating long.

I will have to go back on the pill to avoid a repeat.

I went into tescos in the end, one out of my home town, filled in a form and they gave itto me to take home, ive just taken it...

Thanks for pointing out to take a test coz no one had told me this, i shall wait for my next monthly which will be a while :)

sassykitten;) wrote:

Thanks everyone, I just feel stupid that im only relying pn one form of conception ...normally id be on something to but ivebeen giving my body time to ŕecover after being on some for years, and just having implant removed.. plus ive not been dating long.

I will have to go back on the pill to avoid a repeat.

I went into tescos in the end, one out of my home town, filled in a form and they gave itto me to take home, ive just taken it...

Thanks for pointing out to take a test coz no one had told me this, i shall wait for my next monthly which will be a while :)

Well done you - at least you can just relax now, knowing that you've done it.

And don't feel silly for relying on one type of contraception. Lots of people do it, and I've been going through a similar thing with giving my body a break from hormones so know exactly the conundrum you're in. I'm thinking about moving onto the hormone-free coil next so I'm covered, but also am avoiding hormones. It's so tricky making the "right" decision though! 

Thank u jess, im in a even harder position as ive been advised not to take certain contraception so im limited on choices, I've checked my app that I use to monitor my monthlys that also predicts a low chance of pregnancy in my cycle so hopefully will b fine. Ive eaten as well now :)
    Lucky the lady at the desk was very confidential and quiet. So was the man I saw.

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

Oh goodness I've done this a few times. Nothing to feel bad or guilty about. My OH is large and when we relied on condoms the ranges in local shops weren't great so they split regularly. Thankfully we would notice early on most of the time.

I just went to my GP, but the walk in centre and 111 can tell you where to get them for free. My local boots have them for £25ish.

Maybe look into stronger condoms next time. I found the ribbed ones to be strong and XL ones were perfect too. Xxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.