• learning curves in relationships

Kirsty92 [sign in to see picture]

Yeah I know. Sex is great but it's the cuddles i miss more than anything

Had a lovely weekend and he's staying at mine again tomorrow night as I'm not In work Tuesday. It felt so nice to have him back in my bed with me

He's still not well but it doesn't stop him from wanting to be with me and I'm doing my best to take care of him and apparently it's working

It's now been two months and the learning never stops and we are still loved up as anything. Didn't see him today and he apologised because he doesn't feel well but I'm spending the day with him tomorrow from like 9am (he's getting blood tests and I'm going to make sure he doesn't get wobbly after as they're taking a fair bit of blood) told him he didn't need to apologise and he shows and tells me he loves me daily several times if it's not actual I love yous it's things like gently pulling my hand because I was too close to a car for his liking and he was scared I'd get hurt. I went to run and he grabbed my hand but I somehow slipped through and got across he just shook his head and smiled and I went you don't need to worry about me I'm ok I promise. He was like I don't want to see you get hurt.

He's being so supportive and helpful too he's coming to citizens advice with me because of work (we've been twice and got no where) and now my nan has been diagnosed with cancer again (5th time now she only had it last year) he's being super supportive there too.

johnandkatie [sign in to see picture]

support cuddles and love is just as importnt as sex the balance is important and will work out

We've got it all pretty balanced I feel we've always supported each other but just makes me so glad he came into my life when he did because he's helpin me keep strong even though his own nan also has cancer and he has other things going on too as do I but we still fully support each other and cuddle and sex is important too but not the be all and end all but we do cuddle and have sex a lot too

And of course we love each other too not a day goes by where we don't say I love you or send a goodnight/ good morning message when we are apart

growler37293 [sign in to see picture]

Hi to you all to give a simple mans perspective on this i've had simillar problems with my wife and confidence caused by her mother since i met my wife. To cut a long story short that is just short of 2 decades ago we have 3 kids either in college or about to leave school. All i can say to you is that you will know in yourself if it is right or not thats all that counts trust your heart you only live once go for it now while you can and make the best you can. And you are right it is the simple little things that count the most so a hearfelt goodluck to you enjoy it.

Thank you I definitely feel it's right and we both want a future with each other as it was actually him that brought it all up house kids marriage etc he wanted to know if I wanted it all too

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.