• Advice from the woman out there, shave or wax?

Tinny888 [sign in to see picture]

Ozz... where do you get your laser done?

rachels270692 [sign in to see picture]

OZZ- what is lazer and dose it hurt? also how much is it?

rainbowbaby - what is the foil attachment a few people have said about it?

myghost - ya i heard about that, tried it once but did not seem to work but maybe i was doing it wrong :P

WillC [sign in to see picture]

As i said,i`m a man and use a man`s razor on my face and genitals with no problems,so i can`t see a man`s razor being a problem on a woman`s genital contours,plus they`re cheaper!

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

i use an elecric beard trimmer, it leaves tidy stubble. when i want a hairless look i wax, it last longer and i cant save without an itchy rash, even with the best razors

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

My OH gets me to shave her, we use a "quality" mens razor, works a treat, may have to pull the skin taught for best effect or ease of shaving, its easier if someone does it for you I would think?

I've heard it said to wash afterwards and use a moisturiser too.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Laser is when you get the hair killed with laser... It is similar to IPL I was told. It stings a little, but it is completely bearable and you do get used to it. It's effectivness lies in killing off the root of each hairbulb by burning it. So after a while you can be completely hair free in the treated area, or you would just need some very rare (once a year maybe?) occasional treatment. Downside is: it costs and it only works if you're not fair haired. I am (and not too blond either!), have tried it, after a set of treatment I had even more hair than before starting if that is even possible, LOL! Just kidding, I'm sure there wasn't more hair, just seemed like it because you need to let it grow a little for the machine to know where to burn you and I'm used to being perfectly epilated / shaven at all times...

rainbowbaby [sign in to see picture]

Basically the 'trimmer' part of the shaver is the bit with teeth that cuts the hair. A comb usually attaches to it incase you want to specify the length of the trim. Use without come to get it down to a stubble.

The foil attachment is a smooth sheet of metal with tiny holes in. The it that cuts the hair is underneath it, so you could really get it to a smooth finish. Here's an example of a product that would use a trimmer head and foil:

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3544305.htm

Penny26 [sign in to see picture]

I have been waxed for about 20 years now and I find it painless as you get used to it also the hair follicles don't exist after a while they just heal over and you get less hair anyway. I have my Husband do it for me, we use the hot GG wax, it's a technique you get very skilled at by doing it regularly and he has just started to wax himself. I need waxing approx every 6 wks I had very fair curly hair and being a blonde we have more hair on our bodies than any other natural hair colour. It takes about 20 mins for him to do me front and back. I would really recommend it as you don't get the stubbly regrowth from shaving. I love the smooth skin feeling, more hygienic.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Tinny888 wrote:

I do it at home with my Silk'n Flash & GO Hair removal laser treatment gun..never looked back since getting it

[suspended user]

suspended user

rachels270692 wrote:

OZZ- what is lazer and dose it hurt? also how much is it?

rainbowbaby - what is the foil attachment a few people have said about it?

myghost - ya i heard about that, tried it once but did not seem to work but maybe i was doing it wrong :P

I do it at home with my Silk'n Flash & GO Hair removal laser treatment gun..never looked back since getting it..this is what I use and at home which is brill!

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone here tried this? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031

I wonder if it's worth the price

WillC - cheaper and last longer

Young and fun95 - o that sucks, well at less you get what you want from waxing :D

Quiet ones are worse! - moisturier seems to just make my skin hurt after shaving, not sure why :D

era - lucky i am dark haired :), but ya if it costs alot it may not be the thing for me plus it sounds painfully hehe :P

rainbowbaby - o cool thansk :) i will have to look into that. onyl down side i have never used an elecrice razer before, always worried it would hurt or i would do something wrong and cut my self (the horror of my mum cutting my brother ear when she used to cut his hair with a shaver hehe :P)

Penny26 - i will have to look into it, i dont think i could do it my self :P and oddly i am dakr haired brown to be right, but i have lots of hair down there, it is annoying as hell to be sure i have a really bush :P

Ozz - i will have to look into that :)

mamz - i think two people on here have both reccomened that to me so far so it seems it dose :)

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

I shave. Because it's fast, free and cheerful.

I have waxed before, didn't find it too painful. It feels a lot smoother down there compared to shaving. The hairs do grow back a little finer too. With waxing however, the hairs need to be long enough for the wax to adhere to the hairs and be able to be ripped out. Thus meaning you have to live with a growler until the hairs are long enough, or else it'll just be a horrid embarrassing experience. So basically, waxing for my personal opinion is for a special occasion lol

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Waxing for me is just a modern take on mediaeval torture especially in the intimate areas Ouch!

SquirtyPanda - lol thanks for the info, :) i may get waxed just for the hair to become thinner hehe :P

mysteron - lol ya i think along time lines some days when thinking if i should get it done :P

Kirsty92 [sign in to see picture]

Personally shaving I think there's always bits the razor no matter how good they always miss bits. I haven't tried waxing but hair removal creams are good. I've used them before (just read guidelines and be careful where you put it) and it was great I used on my legs, down there, on and under my arms and I didn't need to shave for like 3 weeks. Just always read the instructions and do a test in case of allergies

Gem276 [sign in to see picture]

I have had a monthly bikini wax now for about 12 years and have slowly Had more and more off, the last time I went all out and had a Hollywood. The hair is really sparce when it grows back, if I want to be super duper smooth then I shave inbetween. I always use a man's Gillette razor x

beautifulrainfall [sign in to see picture]

I wax my legs and under my arms myself but don't think I'm brave enough to tackle downstairs myself so I go to the salon for my Hollywood.

I've always waxed because shaving makes the hairs grow back thicker and blunter whereas shaving lasts longer and thins the hairs down :)

Only issue with waxing is the time you have to wait for the hairs to get long enough to go again :(

BusyBee76 [sign in to see picture]

I wet shave about twice a week or so and love that just shaved feeling.

Never tried waxing but I have a gnarly double C section scar and stretch marks you could park a car on (I hate my belly, thinking of covering most of it with a tattoo) BUT I'm not sure if I should try waxing or whether it would make it difficult or if the results would be any good? Most of the area that I shave is fine, skin wise, but the C section scar is defo in the hair line and so are some of the stretchmarks. Maybe i should be brave with the epilator!

Tinny888 [sign in to see picture]

Ozz wrote:

Tinny888 wrote:

I do it at home with my Silk'n Flash & GO Hair removal laser treatment gun..never looked back since getting it

Sweet thanks :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.