• A question about men in porn

    1455464505
    Joe33 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 36
    • Joined: 8 Jan 2015

    Just musing really.

    It's just occured to me that you almost never hear men moan or make any noise in porn. It seems odd. I don't know about other guys, but I actually have to make a conscious effort to NOT make any noise, particularly at the point of orgasm.

    Is this a patriarchal standard? Is uninhibited, vocal sexual enjoyment seen as 'feminine'?

    1455464708
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5949
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    DunnO both of us are quiet anyway unless roleplaying

    1455464797
    mamz [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1735
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2016

    i think it's simply because porn is made for men and it can be a turn off for them to hear another guy moaning

    1455465263
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2078
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    I would flip it, actually, that females in porn are forced to make more and more noise. It's not that men are forced to stay quiet, it's that women are forced to exaggerate their enjoyment. Men seem silent by comparison, when quite often their level of noise is a lot more realistic.

    Of course there are people of any gender in real life who are noisy, just as there are people who are quiet. In my own experience, the noise level guys make in porn is consistent with the noise level real life guys make. I've never been with a 'noisy' person, so to me it's normal. To you as a noisy lover, I can understand why they seem quiet even without comparing them to female porn stars.

    I don't think vocal enjoyment is a feminine thing, just it's something female porn stars have to do more than male ones. I guess it's more easy to see that a guy is turned on and enjoying whatever is going on in the scene, whereas the woman...well, she's got to make sure you know she is turned on by vocally telling you.

    1455466747
    Briona87 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1075
    • Joined: 29 Jun 2014

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    I don't think vocal enjoyment is a feminine thing, just it's something female porn stars have to do more than male ones. I guess it's more easy to see that a guy is turned on and enjoying whatever is going on in the scene, whereas the woman...well, she's got to make sure you know she is turned on by vocally telling you.

    I guess Lovebirds is right.

    Moreover, I would think noything in this particular "movie genre" is to be taken overly seriously. To be "naturally" turned on when you adhere to a script (well, that is a bit of an insult to actual film scripts, perhaps we could say you have to stick to a plan of sorts :-)), have a number of people with techy equipment (and even more with clipboards) around, are are told to pause and do go back to do something again... Even a foolish aging virgin like myself doubts that feels "real"...

    1455470566
    Dali256 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 399
    • Joined: 1 Mar 2010

    Briona87 wrote:

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    I don't think vocal enjoyment is a feminine thing, just it's something female porn stars have to do more than male ones. I guess it's more easy to see that a guy is turned on and enjoying whatever is going on in the scene, whereas the woman...well, she's got to make sure you know she is turned on by vocally telling you.

    I guess Lovebirds is right.

    Moreover, I would think noything in this particular "movie genre" is to be taken overly seriously. To be "naturally" turned on when you adhere to a script (well, that is a bit of an insult to actual film scripts, perhaps we could say you have to stick to a plan of sorts :-)), have a number of people with techy equipment (and even more with clipboards) around, are are told to pause and do go back to do something again... Even a foolish aging virgin like myself doubts that feels "real"...

    Could be the third scene in a day too. Porn is far less fun than it seems for most of the actors and the poor lube/wet wipe boy.

    1455470713
    MK7 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 258
    • Joined: 21 Sep 2015

    mamz wrote:

    i think it's simply because porn is made for men and it can be a turn off for them to hear another guy moaning

    It's absolutely this.

    1455470881
    Dali256 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 399
    • Joined: 1 Mar 2010

    it would be interesting to compare male moans in porn thats marketed towards women.

    1455471051
    Neitseellinen [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 18 Jul 2015

    MK7 wrote:

    mamz wrote:

    i think it's simply because porn is made for men and it can be a turn off for them to hear another guy moaning

    It's absolutely this.

    Yep...

    I LOVE it when the man moans from pleasure, nothing extreme but good... It turns me on like crazy! But have you noticed that in gay porn there is the similar roles than in straight porn. The bottoming man will groan and moan and squeel and the top will be more quiet... So yeah, the "bottom" or woman will sometimes be annoyingly loud and the tops are more quiet...

    1455473764
    Rev the lution [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 3
    • Joined: 28 Dec 2015

    Wow I cant say I really noticed! Must go research it! ;-)

    1455475441
    evilhooves [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 25 Jan 2016

    i dont tend to make noise, i feel it a little strange, not much of a turn on for my mrs in my broad yorkshire tongue!!!!

    i love to her her moan and groan and dirty talk is such a turn on for me

    1455544153
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3704
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2013

    evilhooves wrote:

    i dont tend to make noise, i feel it a little strange, not much of a turn on for my mrs in my broad yorkshire tongue!!!!

    Wow ,personally I love a yorkshire accent on a bloke......very sexy !

    But as others have said the women are so over the top in their vocalisation that it makes it impossible to hear the man at times even if he does make some noise. I would love to hear men in porn being more vocal , not just with moaning and groaning but with a bit more dirty talk aswell,

    1455546385
    Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 900
    • Joined: 24 Jun 2012

    Most porn, the sound seems to be added later

    1455547131
    Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2079
    • Joined: 22 Apr 2014

    I can't really comment on the porn as I don't watch it, but I don't think vocal enjoyment is feminine at all. I find it an incredible turn on when a man makes some noise during sex, and actually find it off putting to be with someone who is very quiet. I had a partner in the past who was deadly silent and it made me feel very awkward and killed my mood, but that was my problem, not theirs.

    It's never crossed my mind that it's a feminine thing, but I think other posters are correct in saying that women in porn are made to be extremely vocal, which may overshadow the men. It could also be the perception that men wouldn't want to hear another man moan, as someone else said, so perhaps in some films the men are quieter than normal. Having said that, these things are so individual that there's no such thing as 'normal' I suppose!

    1455547846
    RubyDarling [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 150
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2014

    mamz wrote:

    i think it's simply because porn is made for men and it can be a turn off for them to hear another guy moaning

    I believe this is why.

    I too love hearing a man moan, it's such a turn on! but it's hard to find any porn with noisy guys...

    My man is not very noisy in bed, except when he comes, but he always says he loves hearing me moan. I usually say I would like to hear him a bit more, but that's just the way he is!

    1455551423
    FunTimeFancy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 62
    • Joined: 20 Jul 2012

    I love hearing my man moan in bed, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right at least!

    He chops and changes most times, sometimes he can be really vocal and sometimes he can be silent except for the odd grunt and groan as he cums. I honestly think it's whatever mood he's in

    1455552058
    Caliente [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 520
    • Joined: 18 Aug 2015

    I'm noisy. Too noisy, actually. Ooops. And I love it when a man makes some noise.

    As others have said, porn is not sex and it's often just plain wrong.

    1455552429
    Joe33 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 36
    • Joined: 8 Jan 2015

    Thanks all for your responses.:)

    Caliente I agree. Just like if someone sticks a pin in me I'm going to go 'oww' when I'm havin an intesnse orgasm I'm going to go 'yes..yes yes..YESSS euurggghhhh', 'ahhhhhhhhhh' or some variation thereof haha.

    1455553525
    Caliente [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 520
    • Joined: 18 Aug 2015

    Hahaha Yes. Part of me can't help it, and I'm not even aware of how loud I am. Also since my first partner really liked it, that probably encouraged me to be the way I am. It was only until later that I found out I'm noisier than most people. *blushes*

    1455554784
    Joe33 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 36
    • Joined: 8 Jan 2015

    Caliente wrote:

    Hahaha Yes. Part of me can't help it, and I'm not even aware of how loud I am. Also since my first partner really liked it, that probably encouraged me to be the way I am. It was only until later that I found out I'm noisier than most people. *blushes*

    Lol I once made a recording of myself and it was such a cringe haha

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.