• New toy smell

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Now I just have to play devil's advocate for a bit:

Unfortunately, silicone can contain toxic substances and sex toys have been found to be made from unsafe silicone (http://www.oekotest.de/cgi/index.cgi?artnr=99747&bernr=06&seite=01 pps). And of course even vibrators made from bodysafe silicone create magnetic fields (same study).

Personally I also wonder about silicone's non-porosity when I notice how persistently smell clings to silicone butt plugs (but not to glass!)

Still, I think that the chances of getting a safe soft toy are better with silicone than with rubber or similar. That's why I buy silicone if I have a choice - even if it hurt not to buy this really cheap black suction cup dildo during the last sale ;) However, I won't bin my Thrusting Rabbit or my Venus Butterfly until I really see a degradation of the material. But they haven't ever caused me any problems either...

Because I'm convinced that people who are leading a normal modern lifestyle, i. e. using mobile phones (which create magnetic fields - cordless landline-phones are even worse), eating processed food (or simply too much food), or pesticide-treated fruit and vegetable, breathing polluted city air, etc etc won't be killed by their sex toy! Or by using the wrong lube - I never even looked for parabens in my creams and lotions (there's plenty!) Btw, does anybody know the ingredients of their make-up? They are not even listed on the packaging - which I frankly don't understand...

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

Talia you're a breath of fresh air 😄

OscarRomeo [sign in to see picture]

Love the smell of new toys. They do wear off after a few washes.

[suspended user]

suspended user

VioletWolf wrote:

Right so the porous aspect has already been covered by myself (I've read it over and over) and Nat, so I know that, and although they may not get a deep clean or be able to be sterilised, I would certainly hope that basic toy hygiene was employed in accordance with common sense. So other than those? Or is it just those two things? And along with what Terri said, I'm sure people have used worse.

I will admit that I have certainly been educated after reading various articles. So I agree with CH, it has made me think about what I may buy in future.

Ozz it's absolutely done me in, headache is only just clearing now. I'm such a pansy 😅

I feel your pain haha x

[suspended user]

suspended user

Talia, my make-up does state the ingredients. And by the way, wearing make-up or using creams, potions and lotions are all choices too, nature did not put us up to it!
    And you could be right about eating pesticide-filled fruits and the rest, but the way I see it, if you eat pesticides in your fruit + processed food + use unhealthy lubes and creams and whatever + PVC for your food containers and sex toys, you quite simply multiply your chances of getting sick. You just bomb your body all over. So why not simply eliminate those risks you do have an option to? You can't of course walk around with a gas mask on all the time to clean the air you're breathing, so unfortunately there's no truly viable option on air pollution, but you can chose not to eat palm or rapeseed oil filled foods for example like margarine. And you can choose not to put parabens in such a delicate internal area such as your vagina. I stress internal, as our bodies tend to fight off way better menaces that are external, such as nail polish.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Era, which is your make-up brand? With Yves Rocher the ingredients are listed on some creams etc. but not on make-up.

I don't disagree with anything you write - of course make-up, mobile phones, sex toys are not natural (nor is bread, btw.) - that's why I wrote "normal modern lifestyle". I think we all agree that make-up (at least for special occasions), hand lotion and shampoo are just as much part of it as mobile phones and bread ;) Yes, there's people who live in the middle of nowhere without mobile because they suffer from electromagnetic waves, yes, there's people who only eat organic food, there's those who don't use deodorants (because they are afraid of aluminium salts) and those who only eat chickens they've known personally - but they are not the majority.

I do not use lube with glycerin or paraben because lube without is easily available and not even much more expensive. I don't buy jelly/rubber/real-feel dildos because there's enough silicone dildos around. However, I did buy a TPE thrusting rabbit because the only silicone one costs a fortune. The silicone strap-on vibe was a piece of crap, I don't see any alternative to my rubber butterfly. And I haven't yet seen an inflatable silicone butt plug either... And i'm convinced that none of these items influence my health in any way (at least not negatively - if they make me happy that can only be good for it ;) ).

If I wanted to boost my health and longevity, there's a number of things that would have a much bigger impact than sex toys: Working out more, stopping sweets and alcohol, healthier food choices, less time in front of the PC...

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

YES

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.