• Eczema & Sex

Sinsister [sign in to see picture]

Good Morning Lovehoney Members

I have had Eczema from a very young age and have suffered a lot in the past due to this condition.

Over time since being a wife and mother, the problem has got better, but not on my hands or around the entrance to my Virgina. I know how to improve my hands, although due to my work I have to wear gloves a lot, but the slight issue with down below sometimes cause's problems with the amount of sex I can enjoy.

I'm fully aware of how to prevent my skin from getting to bad, but was looking to see if anyone else has any similar issues and how they deal with them. I have tried some lubes, but maybe there are some user friendly ones available that I don't know about?

Kind Regards,

SinSister xx

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

Hello SinSister and good morning!

I currently experience eczema on my hands, mine is mainly associated with stress unfortunately so I don't really have any proper medication to keep it at hand. I have tried lots of different things but it never seems to do the trick.

I don't really have major issues with my eczema and sex, maybe it being a little itchy during but never a big issue. I would say if you are looking for a lubricant you could get a very user friendly one like Sliquid- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15951

Beng organic, glycerine and paraben free it also has certain extracts which can help heal, support and moisturise which is great for sensitive skin, especially with something like eczema too!

Wish you the best of luck!

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

just a thought but are the gloves you wear for work latex free? I have an anxiety related rash on my hands and fingers so when I see my horses I have to wear gloves. I found the latex ones were irritating it further so now I opt for latex free.

As for down below have you seen your GP? x

Afternoon Paige & NatandTom

Thank you Paige for the link and I'll will be ording this to try .

NatandTom, I have found out over time that it's heat and sweat that keeps my hands from getting any better and I just keep them well creamed. The real problem was down below which I'm now going to try the Lube that Paige said about.

Thank you all for your kind advice and I'll let you know how I get on

Kind Regards,

SinSister xx

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

Hello SinSister and good morning!

I currently experience eczema on my hands, mine is mainly associated with stress unfortunately so I don't really have any proper medication to keep it at hand. I have tried lots of different things but it never seems to do the trick.

I don't really have major issues with my eczema and sex, maybe it being a little itchy during but never a big issue. I would say if you are looking for a lubricant you could get a very user friendly one like Sliquid- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15951

Beng organic, glycerine and paraben free it also has certain extracts which can help heal, support and moisturise which is great for sensitive skin, especially with something like eczema too!

Wish you the best of luck!

+1 - I have very sensitive skin, and I swear by Sliquid. I hope this helps you xx

Hello Scorpius12

I have just placed my order, which will arrive by 1:00 p.m tomorrow.

Thank you for confirming that this will be a good buy.

Kind Regards,

SinSister xx

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Hope it works for you sinster. I recently started with dry patches on my lower arms. I first thought it was due to the gloves I wear at work. However months and months down the line it remains. I've tried countless creams but nothing seems to work. It also changes sometimes is very red, with bumps others it's pale and very dry. I'm at a loss what to do. Anybody had anything similar?

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Hope it works for you sinster. I recently started with dry patches on my lower arms. I first thought it was due to the gloves I wear at work. However months and months down the line it remains. I've tried countless creams but nothing seems to work. It also changes sometimes is very red, with bumps others it's pale and very dry. I'm at a loss what to do. Anybody had anything similar?

Do the bumps ever ooze fluid? x

No they are itchy though and seem worse when I'm stressed.

It could be down to stress, I'd recommend going to your GP and seeing if they can prescribe some Betnovate for you

I will have to go back to doctors because it's knocking my confidence especially at work I wear a short sleeve top. I've tried 45, then had ultra base emollient cream didn't work then I was prescribed daktacort which hasn't done anything either, I'll mention Betnovate to the gp, thanks for the advice Nat xx

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

Ive had tiny patches of eczema in the past on my face, but thats really nasty to have downstairs! Hope you find something to help with it.

No worries hope you can get it sorted :) Also hope the Sliquid works out for you SinSister x

Please let me know how you go! x

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

No they are itchy though and seem worse when I'm stressed.

Morning

Couple looking to spice things up;

My Eczema was caused by an event that happened when I was younger and the stress that was caused. My Eczema now comes up more during my monthly period and mostly when I'm run down. Look to see if there are any patterns to when your skin becomes more itchy and write this down. Like NatandTom said, go to the GP and let them know when its more active.

Lovehoney-Paige;

I'll let you know how everything is early next week after trying it for a couple of days. Thanks again for the link and fingers crossed.

Kind Regards,

SinSister xx

Nawty Novice [sign in to see picture]

My bf gets psoriasis and often during a bad flare up he has gotten a little sore or a tear on his penis :( Obviously any type of friction not only makes it worse but is agony too so abstinence is usually the only way forward :( :( Luckily it doesn't happen often and they do tend to heal quite quickly.

He also gets it regularly on his hands and belly but this isn't normally an issue with regards to sex.

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

I'm the same as you although i also get it on the backs of my knees . I use sliquid its great for my skin and its never stung when its made contact with my skin unfortuntley Lovehoney has just discontinued my favourite sliquid lube. Sliquid femine wash is good as well or something called lactacyd if you want a wash. also for creams i use dermol or diprobase.Having a bath in oilatum can help as well. good luck!

Hello Everyone

I have now tested the Sliquid around my Vargina for the first time and it was very good. The area was wet to start off with and then dried, but left the area moist and smooth. After applying the Sliquid around the vargina, there was no feeling of it being sticky. In the past, i have brought liquids that say they are good, but have to spend several miutes washing it off after sex, due to it going hard and sticky.

I have just started using this on my hands as well and once i have used it for around a week, i will then do the on-line reveiw. Very happy with the outcome and well recommended.

Thanks for the help and comments and thank you paige again for the heads up on this product.

Kind Regards,

SinSister xx

Great news sinsister, thanks for the update x

I am so happy to hear! You are most welcome, so glad you like it x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.