• General talk: Where to start with prostate massage?

pegguin [sign in to see picture]

True, but when he asked the question I had treid the hugo :P

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Maybe you should write your reviews about the products you have tested so all 'beginners' can see them.
    As above a lot of people who have been around a long time on this forum spending many hours writing very informative reviews will feel very insulted by somebody who has been on the forum 2 minutes dismissing them.

OUCH! Thank you ;) [sign in to see picture]

pegguin wrote:

I'm not saying great reviewers dont exist, but most of them focus on the intermediate/experienced folk (because thats the largest base looking for reviews). Making comparisons between similar toys is great if you know them but for a beginner who just wants to know 'where do i get started and what am I actually supposed to do' most of that content isn't useful. Thats all I'm saying.

They could maybe use one of the Lovehoney guides? There is a link to the prostate massage for beginners on every relevant product page, and there are also guides on some brands, as well as guides on how to narrow down which is the right toy for you. They are basic, but basics are what beginners need, right?

And if you recommended the Hugo/Bruno before you actually tried one, that's kinda not cool, imo. The Hugo is an awesome toy, I'll grant you that, but if you didn't know that personally at the time of writing your post how are people meant to take what you say seriously?

Your nexus Sparta review is exactly the same as most reviews written about prostate toys. You haven't added anything to that review different to the reviews you dismiss. Infact it is less informative than a lot of reviews.

Similar your tantus review. Your Guru knowledge is seriously flawed here. Don't even get me started on the bathmate thread which I found your comments insulting and very dismissive of its users without actually having used one. Oh dear it's not going well.

Echo32B [sign in to see picture]

I don't want to start an argument, but I read a lot of threads and on quite a few occasions Stuburns your stand-offish behavoiur has started arguments, upset people, or just been unesseciarly harsh.

It does seem that long standing members tend to club together when anybody 'steps out of line' and its does feel a bit intimidating.

Just saying, Pegguin should not have critisised the other reveiws but I genuinely don't think me meant it harshly and maybe in the future he will think more carefully, but stuff seems to turn quickly into a witch hunt recently. :(

Can we please all just get along and be a bit more understanding, instead of acting like the lovehoney police, cos Jess and Cazz already have that covered, they dont need help kicking ass and taking names! :) :P

Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

I feel like the point has been missed. Nobody is witch hunting, and I don't think anyone has been harsh or stand offish. If you're going to post something, giving the impression you're an authority on the subject, the inforation needs to be valid. You can't give opinions on toys you don't own, saying they're 'intense' or whatever. It's not fair to call out other reviewers, saying their work doesn't give the needed information, if your reviews don't give that info either. It discredits everything a person says. Equally, you can't put yourself out there like that, without expecting a little critique ...

Spent a lot of time and effort writing reviews to help old and new members on this forum to see them dismissed so easily is kind of insulting and not just to me. Then to see something I have myself tested and still enjoy using being dismissed so harshly especially to a new member who was asking questions about it in another thread was quite insulting. my actions were indeed in response of feeling insulted and not stand offish.
    I also do not agree that old members stick together and intimidate new members. Infact if you do read threads I comment on in know way will you see me operating as a pack. Thanks for your concern Echo and I'm sorry if I have given you that impression.

OUCH! Thank you ;) [sign in to see picture]

I don't think anyboys is witch hunting here, and I don't think it's a case of long standing members being the bullies of the school yard. It's a case of long standing users having more experience and picking up on things that newer members would possibly miss. I'd hate to read something and think, yeah, that person knows what they're about, only to find they don't know as much as they believe they do, and have assumed much of their information.

The point we're all trying to make is, the OP has written a beginners guide on prostate play, and in that piece he has said the reviews that people take time and effort to write (some of them written by men with very sucessful blogs) aren't informative or of use to beginners. No matter how he meant it, that is what he said, and as this is being read in monotone, without inflection, so we can't take his meaning in any other way that how it was written.

He's also recommended toys to people that he hasn't actually used (or hadn't at the time or writing) and that is wrong, in my opinion. I would never dream of suggesting something to someone that I had no experience with, and I never have, because doing so would discredit any advice I had to offer that was genuine.

We are getting along, but at the end of the day, this post and every other post is open to discussion, and not everybody is going to agree with everything said. Anyone who posts anything at all needs to be prepared to have people say, I don't agree with you :)

Oh and on a few occasions my comments have been witty, sincere and heartfelt 👍🏼

[suspended user]

suspended user

Echo32B wrote:

I don't want to start an argument, but I read a lot of threads and on quite a few occasions Stuburns your stand-offish behavoiur has started arguments, upset people, or just been unesseciarly harsh.

It does seem that long standing members tend to club together when anybody 'steps out of line' and its does feel a bit intimidating.

Just saying, Pegguin should not have critisised the other reveiws but I genuinely don't think me meant it harshly and maybe in the future he will think more carefully, but stuff seems to turn quickly into a witch hunt recently. :(

Can we please all just get along and be a bit more understanding, instead of acting like the lovehoney police, cos Jess and Cazz already have that covered, they dont need help kicking ass and taking names! :) :P

+1 huni! Geez

👏

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.