• Anyone else suffer from reoccurring thrush? Possible TMI, sorry!

    1445787530
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6377
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    Ok so I've figured perhaps I haven't been using the cream for a proper length of time? I've used it in the past for maybe 4 days and the symptoms clear up, but didn't continue with it afterwards, or even apply it often enough (maybe 2x or 3x at most when I think in reality it should be after a pee as well throughout the day)
    So now this war against thrush. I'm going to make OH use cream, I've been out and got some more cream, and a pessary to use in combination with the tablets perscribed by doc, I'm live yoghurt now and will be ordering some
    Garlic capsules tonight. Any recommendations? Thanks for all your support, and great to see it from a man's perspective too. Will be showing this thread to my man tonight and see how it goes.
    Thanks all
    Xx

    Healthspan are very good for supplements as they very good quality, or Boots, both of which you can order online. With Boots, you can order to any store, and then go and collect them xx

    1445787738
    Friday13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 665
    • Joined: 19 Feb 2015

    The best advice I can think of is to work out what could be causing it and then try to avoid that. Things that seem to lead to thrush for me include antibiotics, sex after drinking (I think because I tend to be dry so get micro tears) and certain hormonal contraceptives (for me the low oestrogen combined pill, mercilon). Because of the time period (it's been going on for four months and you've been on that contraceptive for five) I'd consider trying a different contraceptive.

    Going and getting swabbed is a brilliant idea. There are other things such as bacterial vaginosis (not an STI) that sometimes mimic thrush or you can have both together. So many people misdiagnose themselves with thrush when they actually have BV.

    1445788153
    j&lxxxx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 206
    • Joined: 13 May 2012

    I think all this just proves that like with any other illness/infection you have got to treat it correctly, or go to gp to get propper treatment, and also like everything else be honest with your partner, and tell them so that you can both be treated, if you can work out what the main cause is, then that's even better, don't think I'll start wearing skirts just yet though.

    1445858220
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    Good news on the thrush front! Used the pessary last night and tonnes of cream. Ate natural live yoghurt yesterday, had 4 cloves of garlic in my tea (feel bad for OH!), and I could cry with relief. It hasn't caused any pain while peeing this morning and the itch has eased so much.

    Going to order myself some garlic capsules this morning. Thanks for all the feedback guys x

    1445873498
    naughty mum [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1554
    • Joined: 8 Apr 2014

    Garlic tea?!?😛wow..I like garlic but sounds a tad www!

    1445874428
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    I meant with my food/dinner/tea. I think I would vom if I had to drink it in a tea

    1445874699
    Elle & em [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 358
    • Joined: 4 Aug 2015

    I always suffered with thrush and I do think if you use the creams too much they can become ineffective , live yogurt is great , cotton pants and sometimes just a cool flannel can sooth it , hope you get it sorted out x

    1445903529
    lmh95 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3778
    • Joined: 6 Aug 2014

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    Good news on the thrush front! Used the pessary last night and tonnes of cream. Ate natural live yoghurt yesterday, had 4 cloves of garlic in my tea (feel bad for OH!), and I could cry with relief. It hasn't caused any pain while peeing this morning and the itch has eased so much.

    Going to order myself some garlic capsules this morning. Thanks for all the feedback guys x

    Great to hear you are feeling much better today x

    1445958300
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    lmh95 wrote:

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    Good news on the thrush front! Used the pessary last night and tonnes of cream. Ate natural live yoghurt yesterday, had 4 cloves of garlic in my tea (feel bad for OH!), and I could cry with relief. It hasn't caused any pain while peeing this morning and the itch has eased so much.

    Going to order myself some garlic capsules this morning. Thanks for all the feedback guys x

    Great to hear you are feeling much better today x

    Thankyou! Feeling better again today. Got swabbs booked with the nurse next week and off now to get some garlic caps and probiotics xxx

    1445961131
    Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 343
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2011

    I went through a huge battle with reoccuring thrush. YES, it certainly CAN be passed back and forth between partners, and it SUCKS!

    When I eventually got to see a gynaecologist she said that I have an eczema like condition on my vulva (soooo itchy!) which appears to be triggered by hormonal changes (I was getting thrush the week before my period, predictable as clockwork) which causes tearing and splits in the skin which encourage the yeast to get out of control. I now just make sure to moisturise (I was prescribed Cetraben) if I feel a bit dry and since then I've had no tearing or yeast infections from this.

    I also only use Sliquid lubes (or sometimes Yes) as I'm sensitive to all the others I've tried.

    Because I'm so well versed in what thrush feels like, I now catch it and treat it before it gets too terrible and always force feed my OH a tablet too.

    I did a huge blog post on this subject if anyone's interested http://alwaysthelittlespoon.com/2015/04/little-spoon-talks-my-irritable-cunt/

    1445965768
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    Spoonerism wrote:

    I went through a huge battle with reoccuring thrush. YES, it certainly CAN be passed back and forth between partners, and it SUCKS!

    When I eventually got to see a gynaecologist she said that I have an eczema like condition on my vulva (soooo itchy!) which appears to be triggered by hormonal changes (I was getting thrush the week before my period, predictable as clockwork) which causes tearing and splits in the skin which encourage the yeast to get out of control. I now just make sure to moisturise (I was prescribed Cetraben) if I feel a bit dry and since then I've had no tearing or yeast infections from this.

    I also only use Sliquid lubes (or sometimes Yes) as I'm sensitive to all the others I've tried.

    Because I'm so well versed in what thrush feels like, I now catch it and treat it before it gets too terrible and always force feed my OH a tablet too.

    I did a huge blog post on this subject if anyone's interested http://alwaysthelittlespoon.com/2015/04/little-spoon-talks-my-irritable-cunt/

    What a great read!! Thanks for your perspective. I also experience the tearing like sensation from time to time.. its horrific. I've been out and purchased some bits and bobs.. probiotics, garlic capsules, some slow release vitc, and cranberry capsules. Thrush aside, they have great health benefits, but hopefully this should help my immune system after feeling so rubbish during a few hard months (stress).

    I picked up from boots a self test kit for vaginal infections: thrush,bv and trichomonas. gonna go and test that out now.

    You guys are all so kind. Thanks again x

    1445972562
    Hootsmom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 5 Sep 2015
    Recently discovered this on amazon

    Biofem Actigel Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment 50ml

    I've found it fantastic for thrush and any soreness, much better than the traditional creams.

    It also lasts for ages.

    I put it on any time I feel a bit itchy or sore and (fingers crossed) no sign of the thrush returning.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.