• Bad reaction to sliquid shave cream

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

I used this sliquid shaving cream: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31018 and although my skin wasn't dry afterwards like it gets with regular shaving creams, shortly after drying off my legs got really itchy. They started coming out in white lumps (kind of like heat spots) and I had to take an allergy tablet as I was too itchy to sleep. The next day my legs were covered in red lumps which has scabbed a bit and it's taken over a week to completely go away.

I've been shaving for years and this has never happened before. I'm not sure if I'm allergic to any ingredients in the cream, if this was just a fluke or if maybe the hair folicles got irritated because the cream is very thin and doesn't provide much 'cushioning'.

Has anyone else had this problem (with this or another shave cream)? I had high hopes for sliquid as their lubes are great and the reviews for the shave cream are all great, but for some reason it didn't agree with me even though I'm not usually allergic to things.

Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]

oh no as far as i am aware i thought sliquid was one of the best sensitive brands you could get :/

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I've had similar reactions to shaving creams in the past but usually they're ones that aren't especially designed for sensitivy, which I thought Sliquid was?

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

I had this problem with the System JO (this one-http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33326) which I applied and it just started burning everywhere. I was so confused! Been scared to use it since..

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

Although Sliquid is designed for sensitive skin every product from them i have tried has irritated me in some way or another :(

X

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.