• Depression and semen

the mechanic [sign in to see picture]

After suffering for most of my life with depression and being on various medications I find myself interested in different ways of helping the problem I recently read that swallowing semen helps with depression I don't know how true this is but wondered whhat percentage of people who swallowed suffered with depression against those who didn't or if you suffered with depression and swallowed and it makes no difference Nobody has to answer if they don't want to

BDSM-curious [sign in to see picture]

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/08august/Pages/semen-oral-sex-helps-women-fight-depression-claim.aspx

bharool [sign in to see picture]

Is that Mark Almond in your avatar? Anyone here of a certain age remember the, probably, urban myth about him and the swallowing of semen?

Depression is a horrible illness and I wish you well in your recovery. I was precribed anti depressants for something else but ended up being depressed for more than 7 years. The worst thing was the effect on my sex drive. After always being so willing I had no desire at all. Never thought about it, never masturbated and avoided all situations where I had to face up to the possibility of not being able to perfom.

In the end, by accident, I stopped taking the pills. I lost them when we moved home and I decided to make a go of coming off them. The withdrawal symptoms and brain zaps were hard to cope with for the first month but they did disappear and now, almost 10 months after my last pill, my sex drive and performance is not 100% where it was but so much better in that I can pretty much rely on it to stand to attention at the right time and not deflate again after a few minutes.

I still get hard (no pun intended) times when I feel it's not worth going on. These are due to external problems that I don't have a lot of control over right now but I prefer to sort of face up to things a bit more rather than go back onto the medication.

Sorry for being a bit self indulgent there.

every time i come off them its a nightmare and i cant cope . Life seems endlessly pointless . Even on the pills i struggle but just about make it through each day. Ive changed medication more than once but still seem to permanently have my black cloud weighing me down

jr78 [sign in to see picture]

I think the study you might be thinking of was actually based on a small study of women who had unprotected sex & the percentage of those who suffered depression rather than a study of male & females who we diagnosed as depressed & swallowed semen to see if it had an effect on they're depression.
    You can google the study but to be honest it's not very scientific & was based more on answering questions put to them by students than a actual clinical study.
    I spent almost 20 years on & off antidepressants so I do completely understand the feeling of a black cloud hanging over you. I used to describe it as falling into a black hole & not having any desire to climb out of it, I just wanted everyone to leave me alone & leave me there.
    I had a bereavement 3 years ago & was struggling with day to day life so my very understanding employers sent me to a counsellor as a last ditch attempt to get me back to work I think! It was basically to talk about my loss & learn some techniques to help me sleep, it completely changed my life within 5 or 6 sessions because it addressed things I hadn't dealt with when I should have, the first couple of sessions started by focusing on my loss but then switched to painful stuff I'd tried to bury which had added to the helpless feelings I got during my bouts of depression. I cannot recommend counselling enough, it might not be for you, you might absolutely hate it, it might take months for a breakthrough but for me it saved my life. Maybe something to think about, I have been depression & medication free for 2 years now. I really hope things get better for you soon, sending hugs x

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

Its truly horrible to feel that way, I suffer with anxiety so I can understand the missery it causes. I find it hard to believe semen could really make any differnce but as long as its your own or a trusted partners then theres no harm in trying.

livie [sign in to see picture]

Pills work not semen for me

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

For me I don't think it makes much difference, CBT and medication are the best sources of help available but everything is worth a try I guess. I've tried several medications it's a matter of finding one that works for you and also finding a good dosage so it can be a long process, but medication works best alongside therapy! Good luck in your recovery and keep fighting x

Zerlina [sign in to see picture]

The semen thing sounds like a classic case of "correlation does not equal causation" to me. Making your sex life (including masturbation) as happy as you can, in whatever way works for you, is probably the best move there, and it might help a bit, but it won't magically cure depression. Exercise can help a bit too, as can bright light therapy (you know how they use lightboxes for Seasonal Affective Disorder? They can be helpful for non-seasonal depression too, and you can substitute spending a lot of time outdoors). Best of luck finding meds that work for you, I know it's hard and many people have to try a lot of different ones.

Scubaman [sign in to see picture]

Yes why not give it a go, after all the act of cumming give every man that feel good factor, I'd rather be pumped full of cum (mine or others) than being pumped full of drugs, I hope you find what you need, that feeling of being trapped under a black cloud with no ending in sight is a feeling most people never get to know thank goodness

thanks for all your replies ive been struggling a bit so not been on again .The article i read was something i came across and wondered how true it was . Imay need to changre my medication as i think its not always effective ,Thank you all again for replying xxx

Zerlina [sign in to see picture]

I've been getting the "semen cures depression" thing popping up as an ad. Real medical treatments do not turn up as ads on the internet like that!

Good luck finding treatment that works. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your doctor about how well your meds are working, maybe change doctor. Then talk to your doctor, keep in touch, give them updates on your mood and any side effects you experience. It often takes quite a bit of work to find the right meds for mental illness.

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

Yes there's dozens and dozens of drugs in various doses and combinations for mental health issues. It's really worth keeping going until you find the right ones. There will be a combo out there that's right for you.

kevwards7788 [sign in to see picture]

yes semen has a lot of good qualities. it is said that not only is semen full of protein but has significant quantities of serotonin within it causing at uplift effect when someone regularly consumes it. women absorb semen in 2 ways. thru the vagina walls and orally. i imagine orally is less effective because it has to go thru the first pass of the liver destroying a percentage (unsure what it is either high or low) of the active ingredients whereas the vagina is like taking something rectally which would also bypass the livers first pass metabolism. but yes semen is actually a rather potent antidepressant but in order for it to work like an antidepressant one must take it like one, meaning use it everyday. otherwise you will never achieve the full effect. semen also has many other good qualities but i am not going to get into that right now. as for the men however, everytime he ejaculates he is wasting his own levels of reserved serotonin in exchange for a short term supply of endorphins (endomorphin in particular). the trade off at the immediate time seems like a good call but in the long run if a man ejaculates too often it actually will decrease rather than elevate his mood as its all being given to whoever is receiving the seed. its all about balance really, if you reserve ejaculations for the proper occasions its a great thing. too much of anything is bad, and for men so is too much sex unless you have it without ejaculating, i know that is hard but it can be done, especially when practiced so you prepared to do a "cool down" rather than climax. a cool down is just a way for a man to minimize frustration and/or blue balls from stopping without ejaculation

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

the mechanic wrote:

thanks for all your replies ive been struggling a bit so not been on again .The article i read was something i came across and wondered how true it was . Imay need to changre my medication as i think its not always effective ,Thank you all again for replying xxx

Council lying can work, it didn't for me, but I tried hypnotherapy, a sort of regression therapy. Your Dr can prescribe such treatments but there is normally a long wait.

i do suffer depression, but I'm not medicated, my choice. My depression is very area specific, work, when I'm not at work I'm fine. It's not my job as such as any job, it's the being trapped and bossed around, treated like excrement that I find really hard.

If you think seamen swallowing will help then go ahead, I find it hard to imagine it works but most things are worth a try. I hope you find a system that works for you.

Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]

:/ not sure on this one

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

I dont think it will help but knowing you have made your man orgasm might help you feel a little better about yourself.

I also think a huge amount of guys would love this to be true. I have often told my wife that when she has a sore throat. That if she was to suck on my meat lozenge until the soft centre came out it would cure her sore throat.

jr78 [sign in to see picture]

How are you feeling lately the mechanic? Hope you are well x

been up and down have been doubling up on medication and now run out and cant get anymore . Made an appointment with doctor now. Thank you for taking the time to ask how i am it means alot x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.