• Kegel advice

Missy Ce [sign in to see picture]

1:29 pIm just wondering, I know the main purpose of kegel balls is pelvic floor training and squeezing to keep them in, but I'm in a wheelchair so constantly sitting. Will these still work for me? Should I start with this one as it's the lightest? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32947

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I do not want to offend but do you have the ability to clench and relax your bottom?

if the answere is yes then you should be fine with kegal balls. If you are unable to do this then kegal balls should still work for you but you may find it a longer process, with results being slower to notice.

If it is your first set of kegal balls then yes the set you have chosen would be perfect. You may require a spot of lube, water based would be best.

As a wheel chair user you may need to lie down to insert/remove them. But the kegal balls should work for you. If you have difficulties with continence this may be improved with the use of kegal balls. As the pelvic floor muscles strengthen you should be able to progress to a heavier set of balls.

I hope this helps you, and please do not be offended by any of my clumsy terminology. I work in a hospital, on a cancer ward, but the politically correct terms for things I struggle with.

Minkish Minx [sign in to see picture]

I think I might be wrong, but from what I know about kegel balls (which isn't that much!), the heavier balls usually pose more of a challenge. However, this challenge usually takes place when you're standing up (since you will then have the risk of the balls falling out). When I'm sitting, my heaviest set of kegel balls (221g) feel as manageable as my lightest set (56g).

Having said that, I think you'd get the best exercise by making a conscious effort to squeeze your pelvic muscles around the ball when you're sitting. To get the most of this, you might find it best to go for a set which is noticeable when you have it on. Sometimes I totally forget about my smaller kegel balls when I'm sitting at my desk, which makes it harder for me to remember to do my kegel squeezes.

In this case, I think bigger balls might be better, at least at the start, so that you're more aware of them. The one that you picked out is pretty good since it has a pretty big circumference of 4.6 inches.

You might also want to consider some glass ones:

Crystal Glass Kegel Eggs Large
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25733

These are pretty big at 4.1 inches as well, and the nice thing about glass is temperature play! You can chill these in the fridge for a while. The sensation is amazing and you'd definitely be very aware of them.

Eventually, I would most recommend kegel trainers / exercisers such as these:

Lelo LUNA Touch Sensors Smart Bead:
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32206

TensCare Itouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser with Electrical Pulses
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29580

Gballs 2 App Controlled Kegel Pleasure and Training System
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33666

These help to train your kegel muscles through the use of vibrations or electrical pulses. Since it's responsive to how strong your muscles are, it offers the best training programme, especially when seated. They are pricey though, but I think they're a great long term investment. I hope to eventually get the Lelo Smart Bead myself! 

I'm no kegel expert, but this is just my two cents on the matter, I hope this helps! Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to shed better light on the topic. In the meantime, have fun! Kegel training is immensely fun and rewarding. ♥

SensualFire [sign in to see picture]

I have about seven sets of Kegal Balls. I had never used them, and so did not know how toned I was down there,

So for a complete beginner I went for the very basic ones, and they were no good

In the end I ended up getting the FSG ones, they are VERY good, give you a good work out. I recommend you take things easy though, do some browsing. I am tempted to get the tens care, but as of yet, have not purchased it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

You'll find my opinion on this thread. I would very much recommend the Lelo Luna Smart ones, as they act as a personal trainer/reminder.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1284674-kegal-toners-question/#p1286201

Zerlina [sign in to see picture]

I've just ordered that one myself, so I'll let you know. I'm a wheelchair user too *waves*, though it's only outdoors and not all that often. I'm mostly housebound and have to spend most of the day in bed, if that gives you some idea. I bought an expensive Kegel8 electrical kegel exerciser thingy and am really not impressed so far, the cables have a longish stiff bit where they join onto the internal probe that sticks out, so that you can't even wear knickers with it in, let alone sit up. I'm actually trying to treat overly tense pelvic floor muscles more than building strength, but either way it's about getting more control over them. My medical condition makes all my muscles weak and easily fatigued, so I'll be starting out with small amounts.

I have no idea what your medical situation is nor what you're aiming to do here, but just in case it's useful, and if they are something you could do, I find the stretches in Amy Stein's book "Heal Pelvic Pain" are great. You can do most of them lying in bed, if you are able to move your legs, and you don't need much strength or flexibility to be able to do them, they're very gentle. They definitely help me with loosening up tight muscles in my legs, pelvic area and lower back, and I think I've got more control over the muscles as well. Sex certainly goes better when I'm doing the stretches regularly. If this is something that you think might help you but you can't move your legs, I think you might be able to do them as passive exercise, if you had someone who would be able to move your legs for you. But that's only a guess, I'm not familiar with paralysis or similar.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.