• I hate this

DeepBlueKisses [sign in to see picture]

So I'm on antidepressants and the main side effect is that I can't cum any more, I just spent an hour masturbating, and it's like a constant "almost there, keep going, dont stop", only without the climax. I hate this. I'll try again tomorrow with my vibrator.

Has anyone else experienced this with antidepressants? Did you overcome it? Any advice?

Raven93 [sign in to see picture]

It might not be the anti depressants themselves as much as stress etc. Try not to worry about it or expect it to happen again as that will make it worse, just focus on relaxing and enjoying your self, too much pressure to cum is often a cause for people not being able to.

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

Unfortunately it's a really common side effect you could speak to your doctor and see if there are any other suitable antidepressants that do not have the same side effect but most do :( x

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

I struggle with this but i did find something that helped!

Before the AD i could use my favourite toy and come within 5-10 minutes. After the AD the time became longer until i couldnt come.

one day i tried using my toy in the bath (im all about clit stim) and like you i felt close to coming but just couldn't. After about 40-50 minutes i stopped trying. I shaved my legs, washed my body and then thought i would give it another go and within 10 minutes i was there!

So now i sometimes have to play in two sessions. I think because i rely on clit stimulation, playing for too long makes the sensation feel less or i become used to it. During the break i am still sensitive to touch so when i begin again its like i have had a headstart!

Its the same with sex. I can only come in one position but we do that position for a while and then switch to something else and then go back to it. Not only can i come but its actually stronger than before.

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

We've had the same problem in our relationship. One thing that helped for us was the Play-O orgasm gel applied about 20 minutes before we started play, and then again just as we started. It just makes the whole area a bit more sensitive and sends blood to the clit. I suppose it does a little the same thing as JM88's technique -- it just gives your body longer to prepare and redirect energy =)

We also found that this side effect lesseened with time =)

DeepBlueKisses [sign in to see picture]

i did it. it took a while but i did it. it feels so good having that release after such a long time. i guess i just have to be patient and learn that i wont be able to do it everyday.

thanks for your advice everyone :)

HighLibidoAndrew [sign in to see picture]

Ask to be switched to mirtazapine (zispin) doesn't have that side effect

chocolate-milk [sign in to see picture]

My friend is on anti depressants and has lost her libido, it seems a common side effect.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

HighLibidoAndrew wrote:

Ask to be switched to mirtazapine (zispin) doesn't have that side effect

I had no side effects on this. Only on Duloxetine now and been struggling on that a little, but I'm impatient too, I'm used to cumming within 1-2 minuets, now it takes upto 5 or I give in.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

This is a common side effect unfortunately. Either ask to be changed to different meds or try a different approach to play.

if your a clit girl try some penetrative toys or a but plug. Don't rush take your time, sensory play might be very good. So a blindfold and some hot, cold, feathers ect. Pay particular attention to your nipples, they often become more sensative.

My only other suggestion is a set of kegal / jiggle balls. They help to tone you, but are also fun to wear and outhouse they will not make you orgasm they might get you very turned on and wet and ready for masturbation.

good luck.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.