• I wish I could be single just for a day again

    1437740884
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Boogaloo wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    I certainly wouldn't allow my mrs to be unescorted into a pub

    Why not? If you don't mind me asking!

    Because I know she isn't a confident person . She hates going into certain places alone and a busy pub and club is one of them ,

    She hates busy railway stations as well but oddly enough she is happy at airports .Could never work that one out .

    Thats the maoin reason we can never do the meet the stranger roleplay as it would be too traumatic for her.

    1437741232
    rockinrob [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 278
    • Joined: 26 Feb 2015

    mysteron wrote:

    Boogaloo wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    I certainly wouldn't allow my mrs to be unescorted into a pub

    Why not? If you don't mind me asking!

    Because I know she isn't a confident person . She hates going into certain places alone and a busy pub and club is one of them ,

    So this seems to be an issue of semantics, allowing, i.e. giving permission, doesn't come into the equation but is an incendiary phrase. You seem to be saying my wife wouldn't want to go into a pub alone, which is fair enough. That's like me saying I don't allow my gf to wash the car, I do but she just doesn't want to! Plus there's no evidence for the gross generalisation which follows from that.

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    1437742135
    LibraLover [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 713
    • Joined: 16 Jul 2014

    rockinrob wrote:

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    I wonder what "I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own" really meant then...bit of a leap to "my wife doesn't like crowded places"

    1437742532
    rockinrob [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 278
    • Joined: 26 Feb 2015

    LibraLover wrote:

    rockinrob wrote:

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    I wonder what "I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own" really meant then...bit of a leap to "my wife doesn't like crowded places"

    I don't intend to speak for him on this one, I see people take larger leaps in their thinking than this every day, I just tried to get inside the thinking process and there was a definite logical flaw as you drilled down into the argument with him. A poorly thought out statement surely deserves the opportunity to be examined a little.

    From what I read the chain of logic got a bit twisted between the "My wife doesn't like going to crowded places alone" and "I don't allow her to go into crowded places alone". I think (and again I might be wrong and if I am find the comment you refer to a staggering opinion to hold) that the generalisation which followed was probably typed in haste.

    1437742540
    misstasty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 54
    • Joined: 14 Jun 2015

    mysteron wrote:

    Boogaloo wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    I certainly wouldn't allow my mrs to be unescorted into a pub

    Why not? If you don't mind me asking!

    Because I know she isn't a confident person . She hates going into certain places alone and a busy pub and club is one of them ,

    She hates busy railway stations as well but oddly enough she is happy at airports .Could never work that one out .

    Thats the maoin reason we can never do the meet the stranger roleplay as it would be too traumatic for her.

    Just because your OH is uncomfortable in these places/situations doesn't mean to say that you can come out with such an outrageously sexist comment like women shouldn't go to a publican house alone!!!

    On another note if my OH had 'fantasies' such as the ones you've described he'd be in grave danger of being dumped. If you're supposedly happy in a relationship then thoughts of wishing you could be single for a day or online dating shouldn't cross your mind.

    I would be utterly heart broken if my OH thought like that but luckily for me he is as old fashioned as me and we're both firmly devoted to each other.

    Has it ever crossed your mind how lucky you are to have someone in your life - plenty of people out there that wish they had someone to share their days with. Sex is great and all that but when it's within a loving relationship it becomes a million times better.

    These are just my opinions, I apologise if I've offened anyone that was not my intention. Perhaps take a step back from these fantasies and realise what you've actually got.

    1437742554
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    LibraLover wrote:

    rockinrob wrote:

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    I wonder what "I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own" really meant then...bit of a leap to "my wife doesn't like crowded places"

    I think you are trying to look too much into it. I was referring to the meeting the stanger roleplay that one of the ealier posters mentioned. The "lady" in question was my Mrs and I will say it again I would allow her into a pub on her own because I know it would be too traumatic for her.

    If your happy going into pubs on your own then fine .

    1437742719
    rockinrob [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 278
    • Joined: 26 Feb 2015

    mysteron wrote:

    LibraLover wrote:

    rockinrob wrote:

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    I wonder what "I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own" really meant then...bit of a leap to "my wife doesn't like crowded places"

    I think you are trying to look too much into it. I was referring to the meeting the stanger roleplay that one of the ealier posters mentioned. The "lady" in question was my Mrs and I will say it again I would allow her into a pub on her own because I know it would be too traumatic for her.

    If your happy going into pubs on your own then fine .

    The word allow is still offensive in that statement (assume the would should be wouldn't), she doesn't need to get permission.

    1437742952
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    misstasty wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    Boogaloo wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    I certainly wouldn't allow my mrs to be unescorted into a pub

    Why not? If you don't mind me asking!

    Because I know she isn't a confident person . She hates going into certain places alone and a busy pub and club is one of them ,

    She hates busy railway stations as well but oddly enough she is happy at airports .Could never work that one out .

    Thats the maoin reason we can never do the meet the stranger roleplay as it would be too traumatic for her.

    Just because your OH is uncomfortable in these places/situations doesn't mean to say that you can come out with such an outrageously sexist comment like women shouldn't go to a publican house alone!!!

    On another note if my OH had 'fantasies' such as the ones you've described he'd be in grave danger of being dumped. If you're supposedly happy in a relationship then thoughts of wishing you could be single for a day or online dating shouldn't cross your mind.

    I would be utterly heart broken if my OH thought like that but luckily for me he is as old fashioned as me and we're both firmly devoted to each other.

    Has it ever crossed your mind how lucky you are to have someone in your life - plenty of people out there that wish they had someone to share their days with. Sex is great and all that but when it's within a loving relationship it becomes a million times better.

    These are just my opinions, I apologise if I've offened anyone that was not my intention. Perhaps take a step back from these fantasies and realise what you've actually got.

    Well yes actually you have offended me , You are insinuating by useing the word "supposedly" that I am not happy with my relationship. Far from it, I have been in a relationship for some 26 years and more than happy.

    1437744313
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2078
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    mysteron wrote:

    LibraLover wrote:

    rockinrob wrote:

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    I wonder what "I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own" really meant then...bit of a leap to "my wife doesn't like crowded places"

    I think you are trying to look too much into it. I was referring to the meeting the stanger roleplay that one of the ealier posters mentioned. The "lady" in question was my Mrs and I will say it again I would allow her into a pub on her own because I know it would be too traumatic for her.

    If your happy going into pubs on your own then fine .

    No, I don't think this is a case of anyone reading too much into what you have said. This isn't the first time I've seen you come out with a comment that sounds offensive, I do believe you should read back over what you write before you post sometimes. You should never have said 'I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own'. You should have said 'my partner does not like to go into a pub on her own'. They have totally different meanings and so yes, of course people are coming to call you on making a sexist remark.

    Sorry, but you've got to realise what you write online will be taken literally. And the only way to read your initial statements was that you do not believe women should go into a pub unescorted, and that you would certainly never allow your wife to do such a thing whether she wanted to or not. Not that your wife is uncomfortable and you would never ask her to do it, which obviously is not offensive in the slightest. This is a case of people taking your words at face value, not reading into them to try to find some offensive meaning. Reading deeper into it would in fact have shown that you are being chivalrous, not controlling or sexist. I know you didn't mean to be offensive, but still it did read that way. A bit of care with your wording can save a lot of grief!

    1437745797
    Stuburns [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1782
    • Joined: 23 Nov 2011

    Can happily say I wouldn't want to go back. I happily played the cat and mouse game on numerous occasion. People would actually be shocked by the number actually. I was very confident with the opposite sex and eventually the game became a tad boring. Mostly I was looking for that special someone but somehow it just changed into the buzz of a new notch.
    Happy to say though I found the love of my life right under my nose in my group of friends. 12 years married last week😊. We are very happy. In fact if I had met her before all my fun I'm sure I would have been with her from the start because we connect on a whole different level compared to those I was playing the game with. Nope I wouldn't go back.

    1437745837
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3175
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    LibraLover wrote:

    rockinrob wrote:

    Seems like a misunderstanding to me.

    I wonder what "I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own" really meant then...bit of a leap to "my wife doesn't like crowded places"

    I think you are trying to look too much into it. I was referring to the meeting the stanger roleplay that one of the ealier posters mentioned. The "lady" in question was my Mrs and I will say it again I would allow her into a pub on her own because I know it would be too traumatic for her.

    If your happy going into pubs on your own then fine .

    No, I don't think this is a case of anyone reading too much into what you have said. This isn't the first time I've seen you come out with a comment that sounds offensive, I do believe you should read back over what you write before you post sometimes. You should never have said 'I don't think it is right that a lady goes into a pub on her own'. You should have said 'my partner does not like to go into a pub on her own'. They have totally different meanings and so yes, of course people are coming to call you on making a sexist remark.

    Sorry, but you've got to realise what you write online will be taken literally. And the only way to read your initial statements was that you do not believe women should go into a pub unescorted, and that you would certainly never allow your wife to do such a thing whether she wanted to or not. Not that your wife is uncomfortable and you would never ask her to do it, which obviously is not offensive in the slightest. This is a case of people taking your words at face value, not reading into them to try to find some offensive meaning. Reading deeper into it would in fact have shown that you are being chivalrous, not controlling or sexist. I know you didn't mean to be offensive, but still it did read that way. A bit of care with your wording can save a lot of grief!

    totally agree with Lovebirds

    1437747009
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Stuburns wrote:

    Can happily say I wouldn't want to go back. I happily played the cat and mouse game on numerous occasion. People would actually be shocked by the number actually. I was very confident with the opposite sex and eventually the game became a tad boring. Mostly I was looking for that special someone but somehow it just changed into the buzz of a new notch.
    Happy to say though I found the love of my life right under my nose in my group of friends. 12 years married last week😊. We are very happy. In fact if I had met her before all my fun I'm sure I would have been with her from the start because we connect on a whole different level compared to those I was playing the game with. Nope I wouldn't go back.

    I know what you are saying and really thats why I would on a fantasy basis just do it for one final day. I suppose its also a personal confidence thing as well , just wondering if I could still do it or pull it off .Its been 26 years since i was last single perhaps a belated mid life crisis thing as well :)No I wouldn't do anything to upset the Mrs for me she is the best woman and friend in the world for me. It was just a fantasy thing . And yes I do appreciate how lucky I am in this respect as it was a twist of fate that we got together in the first place. Guess I am just on aging romantic I think .

    It isn't going to happen either, I was just placing some jottings along side some role play ideas and decided to place them on here. I wasn't anticipating such a response either positive or negative as my least postings I think only got around a few postings on each ...

    And Lovebirds I have taken note of your comments and taken them on board.

    1437748030
    misstasty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 54
    • Joined: 14 Jun 2015

    mysteron wrote:

    misstasty wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    Boogaloo wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    I certainly wouldn't allow my mrs to be unescorted into a pub

    Why not? If you don't mind me asking!

    Because I know she isn't a confident person . She hates going into certain places alone and a busy pub and club is one of them ,

    She hates busy railway stations as well but oddly enough she is happy at airports .Could never work that one out .

    Thats the maoin reason we can never do the meet the stranger roleplay as it would be too traumatic for her.

    Just because your OH is uncomfortable in these places/situations doesn't mean to say that you can come out with such an outrageously sexist comment like women shouldn't go to a publican house alone!!!

    On another note if my OH had 'fantasies' such as the ones you've described he'd be in grave danger of being dumped. If you're supposedly happy in a relationship then thoughts of wishing you could be single for a day or online dating shouldn't cross your mind.

    I would be utterly heart broken if my OH thought like that but luckily for me he is as old fashioned as me and we're both firmly devoted to each other.

    Has it ever crossed your mind how lucky you are to have someone in your life - plenty of people out there that wish they had someone to share their days with. Sex is great and all that but when it's within a loving relationship it becomes a million times better.

    These are just my opinions, I apologise if I've offened anyone that was not my intention. Perhaps take a step back from these fantasies and realise what you've actually got.

    Well yes actually you have offended me , You are insinuating by useing the word "supposedly" that I am not happy with my relationship. Far from it, I have been in a relationship for some 26 years and more than happy.

    You made no mention in your OP that you wished to simply indulge in a spot of roleplay with your OH and obviously I'm not the only one who got the impression you wanted something entirely different!

    I for one tbh think you're back tracking to save your skin when your comments were met with such a backlash.

    1437748561
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Your entitled to your opinion but I think I used " It will have to be an unacted fantasy "

    1437752744
    misstasty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 54
    • Joined: 14 Jun 2015

    mysteron wrote:

    Your entitled to your opinion but I think I used " It will have to be an unacted fantasy "

    Yes you did state that however it seemed to me that the true fantasy was to partake in adultery rather than role play involving your OH.

    That's what I gathered from your post. So I strongly suggest you take on board lovebirds sound advice a give a little more thougt to how you word your posts.

    1437753533
    Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2748
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2014

    I do think people are reading way too much into this. The fantasy is actually really common so despite me saying I wouldn't be very happy OH feeling that way, I still understand why someone would, just like someone might say they'd be hurt if their partner wanted a threesome but I find that idea totally awesome.

    the whole woman going in a pub alone thing is also understandable, a woman alone in a pub is very vulnerable,can't I think all our parents have always told us to stay with our friends while we're out for this very reason, however, independent woman don't like the idea of a man saying "a woman shouldn't be out drinking alone" both sides are totally understandable, but girls/women, remember he's not actually saying you personally aren't allowed to go out alone, so it's not really that offensive, I'd quite like to know my partner wouldn't want me to be out in a club alone because like mysterons partner I would feel so incredibly uncomfortable I'd probably implode

    1437753551
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    misstasty wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    Your entitled to your opinion but I think I used " It will have to be an unacted fantasy "

    Yes you did state that however it seemed to me that the true fantasy was to partake in adultery rather than role play involving your OH.

    That's what I gathered from your post. So I strongly suggest you take on board lovebirds sound advice a give a little more thougt to how you word your posts.

    I disagree with your comments .

    You think I would go to all that trouble in describing the scene in all that detail if it was for real?

    If it was for real I would have used something like.

    "Fancy a night out on the razzle with the guys and to see if we can puill any girls. What do you think ?"

    If I worded like that then I would expect a barrage and deservedlly so .

    But no I was referring to a book I have which is called Fantasy Sex by Lisa Sweet ISBN 978-1-84732-362-0. The book is OK but its very basic and needs meat putting on the bone and I was adding some notes and details to the role plays contained there in and perhaps stupidly so I decided to place this one on here.

    My other regret is to not to use the word roleplay in the title as I thought I would try a different format becasue I have placed Threads on roleplay before and just got a few but valid inputs from people .

    1437754293
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5934
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Young and fun95 wrote:

    I do think people are reading way too much into this. The fantasy is actually really common so despite me saying I wouldn't be very happy OH feeling that way, I still understand why someone would, just like someone might say they'd be hurt if their partner wanted a threesome but I find that idea totally awesome.

    the whole woman going in a pub alone thing is also understandable, a woman alone in a pub is very vulnerable,can't I think all our parents have always told us to stay with our friends while we're out for this very reason, however, independent woman don't like the idea of a man saying "a woman shouldn't be out drinking alone" both sides are totally understandable, but girls/women, remember he's not actually saying you personally aren't allowed to go out alone, so it's not really that offensive, I'd quite like to know my partner wouldn't want me to be out in a club alone because like mysterons partner I would feel so incredibly uncomfortable I'd probably implode

    You not wrong but I have to hold my hands up here. I did word it badly and perhaps made it too cryptic for my own good. Unfortunately unlike other forums you have only 5 minutes to alter anything that you are not happy with . With hindsight I wouldn't have done it this way at all.

    1437763858

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1375
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    Stuburns wrote:

    Can happily say I wouldn't want to go back. I happily played the cat and mouse game on numerous occasion. People would actually be shocked by the number actually. I was very confident with the opposite sex and eventually the game became a tad boring. Mostly I was looking for that special someone but somehow it just changed into the buzz of a new notch.
    Happy to say though I found the love of my life right under my nose in my group of friends. 12 years married last week😊. We are very happy. In fact if I had met her before all my fun I'm sure I would have been with her from the start because we connect on a whole different level compared to those I was playing the game with. Nope I wouldn't go back.

    +1 in almost all.

    I would not go back in time for so-so many reasons, I loved being a "free" woman and have done the game willingly for a long time, but never really got to enjoy it because I was always searching for "the one" deep under, I am very happily married (and have been for almost 9 years now) in a monogamous relationship, it fulfils me on all levels, I would never risk it for anything in this world and beyond, BUT I do miss the thrill that mysteron described sometimes (and sometimes I really don't as I much more appreciate the comfort of being beyond all that awkwardness of getting to know each other) AND my husband knows it. We are strong believers that communication is the key to a happy relationship so I don’t see why missing some parts of the thrill of the chase or admitting them to your partner would be offensive to anyone let alone regarded as “ungrateful” for what you have and cherish.

    That said, I agree with the rest of the members on the sexist comments part. But I also think anyone who was quick to jump on mysteron’s throat for them should just take a step back and realize his comments were probably also due to a generation gap. If I got it right, mysteron feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, he is from a time and age when males were raised sexist and having a woman enter a pub alone meant she was “easy”.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.