• Getting it on songs.....what's your favourite' s?

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Had a search but the thread was closed. What's your favourite musical accompaniment in the bedroom or elsewhere?

I was thinking about this after reading the tied up, blindfolded thread and ear phones were mentioned. We used to love a sexy soundtrack on in the background with dimmed lights and candles but now we worry about waking the kids. This may be the solution and I think we'll get the headphones looked out and make up a new playlist.

Our favourites used to be Enigma MCMXC A.D, Portishead Dummy( especially glory box )and U2 With Or Without You.

What's yours?

MissNoir [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

Our favourites used to be Enigma MCMXC A.D

YES!! This is one of my all time favourite albums & during sex it means something completely different to me, I love it ^_^

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Ooh, well we don't have anything in particular. We normally just put Kerrang on or some kind of rock music (neither of us like the more 'typical' sex music).

For a kinky session I like 'Control - Puddle of Mudd' and various songs by Halestorm (i.e. Apocalyptic, I Get Off, Dirty Mind...). Even 'Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard'!

For a more romantic session we might put on something slower, like The Fray or City and Colour.

But in all honesty, we don't have a proper sex playlist or anything like that, just whatever comes up most of the time :)

Here's a pretty good thread on the topic too:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1212574-your-music-of-love/

steevo68 [sign in to see picture]

Dont have one but get down on it by kool and the gang lol

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I am finding your question to be incomplete...

Deekayjay [sign in to see picture]

Normally have Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell album or AC/DC - Back in Black! Reminds us of when we first got together!

Deekayjay [sign in to see picture]

Sorry! Double post!

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

None nothing nada no music whatsoever why because If i played "my" music e.g Mika, Enrique, NKOTB, my other half would leave the bedroom and if he played his music erm I don't know the singers names but its mainly Trance music I would leave the room.

So no sexytime for us if music was playing .

FlyingSmurf [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

Portishead Dummy

+1 and another +1 on this from me.

Thanks for all the replies and that's a great link boogaloo. There was lot's of great songs I know and some I will have to YouTube that I've never heard before.

Some new ideas for my playlist are Audioslave Show Me How To Live and Duran Duran Come Undone.

I'm a big fan of Puddle of Mudd and Enrique too.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

Had a search but the thread was closed. What's your favourite musical accompaniment in the bedroom or elsewhere?

I was thinking about this after reading the tied up, blindfolded thread and ear phones were mentioned. We used to love a sexy soundtrack on in the background with dimmed lights and candles but now we worry about waking the kids. This may be the solution and I think we'll get the headphones looked out and make up a new playlist.

Our favourites used to be Enigma MCMXC A.D, Portishead Dummy( especially glory box )and U2 With Or Without You.

What's yours?

Enigma is also our favourite for background music if we are not doing a role play session.

FrostyFeet [sign in to see picture]

LOVE that Enigma album, we like Portishead too. Recommend 'Book of the Month' - or most tracks on an album called Lovage"/Music to make love to your old lady by" by Dan the Automator (classically trained violinist turned San-Fran music producer/DJ). Songs on the album are Hitchcock themed and quite kinky, featuring the brooding musical vocals of Mike Patton against Jennifer Charles (Elysian Fields).

Goodnight Moon - Shivaree
    Ladybird - Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood

For something more chilled we like Morcheeba, Hooverphonic, Thievery Corporation and Zero 7. Also, perhaps more bizarrely, Red Hot Chili Peppers for when we get really noisy...

FrostyFeet [sign in to see picture]

Just a quick thank you for starting this thread as it really got me thinking about music in the bedroom and between this and some nice LH items that got delivered here yday, I had a fantastic evening! 😉

Sensuous58 [sign in to see picture]

I recently discovered a pile of old Orb CDs while clearing out a cupboard and as each one runs for oveer an hour, and the beat never gets much above a light saunter, they're perfect for a long session. And for those of us who are, frankly, no longer able to keep up with The Ramones.

steevo68 wrote:

Dont have one but get down on it by kool and the gang lol

Good one. This made me laugh!

Sum Sub wrote:

I am finding your question to be incomplete...

Sorry Sum Sub. I will try again.

Getting it on songs. What's your favourites?

FrostyFeet wrote:

Just a quick thank you for starting this thread as it really got me thinking about music in the bedroom and between this and some nice LH items that got delivered here yday, I had a fantastic evening! 😉

You're very welcome FrostyFeet. Glad to hear you had a good night!

Music definitely adds to the experience.

Sensuous58 wrote:

I recently discovered a pile of old Orb CDs while clearing out a cupboard and as each one runs for oveer an hour, and the beat never gets much above a light saunter, they're perfect for a long session. And for those of us who are, frankly, no longer able to keep up with The Ramones.

Great choice. Love little fluffy clouds and blue room. You've got me thinking of lot's of other similar songs now.

The future sound of London Papua New Guinea, Chime Orbital and Massive Attack Angel. I think my new playlist is going to be mega!

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

Royal Blood. Bit different but I love their music.

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

when the Doves Cry - Prince

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.