• Antidepressants & Sex

Irishcouple1222 [sign in to see picture]

Made me last longer which wasn't a bad thing lol

J&M86 [sign in to see picture]

I was alright on antidepressants (took them for 7 years) it was hormonal contraceptives that reduced my sex drive to nothing. I am now using non-hormonal contraceptives (copper coil) and the cloud has lifted! Hubby has got his wife back and we can't get enough of each other. I am so much happier and horny!

HighLibidoAndrew [sign in to see picture]

The best anti depressant for not affecting sex drive and orgasm etc is mirtazapine. Maybe worth asking Dr to change you to that?

Lupina [sign in to see picture]

Iv'e been on them for a long time so I don't know if feeling like this is normal cause being a teenager always means you're at least a little hornier than you would be otherwise. I definitely feel like I should be more horny and sexual but I just feel like I don't have the energy most of the time!

I've been on quite a few different ones and none of them have made this issue any better...

FlexyBexyXXX [sign in to see picture]

I'm on Citalopram for anxiety and depression, and unlike a lot of people on here who have been plagued by troubles with it, I'm not experiencing any sympoms which is brilliant. I've still got my sex drive, which wasn't very big to begin which so I'm thankful for that :) I do find that on my bad days I've got no interest in sex though, and I won't have sex because i know it won't do me much good. It might be worth seeing your doctor and asking if theres another type of medication you could be put on, or whether there's something you could take in conjunction with your antidepressants to boost your libido :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.