• fertility awareness as contraception?

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

That's true. You're using Kindara aren't you Y&F? It's a great app, the staff at Kindara are very friendly and helpful too if you ever have questions :)

I think the method is only as successful as you make it, you have to be 100% comitted or accidents will happen, and you shouldn't blame the method for that. Of course there is the 0.4% who will fall pregnant regardless, so I guess anyone using it will have to decide if that's an 'acceptable risk' or not. For me that was always acceptable, because I wanted kids at some point and it's a tiny risk anyway, no different from other methods.

When I told my mum I was practising FAM (she's very nosy!) she immedietly jumped on the pregnancy bandwagon, so I said to her "if you had a 99.6% chance of winning the lottery, you'd play wouldn't you, because those odds pretty much guarantee you a win? This is 99.6% effective, I'm pretty much guaranteed not to get pregnant if I follow it properly". :)

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Haha! Very good point with the chances! Well it's like most contraception, if you don't use a condom, pill, cap, diaphragm, pull out method right you'll probably get pregnant but there's no excuse on this., you know whether you're fertile or not

Luv bunny [sign in to see picture]

The science behind FAM sounds interesting...but for me, a bit too much room for user error.. at the moment with my baby brain I just wouldn't trust myself to remember to check my cervical fluid and chart my BBT every day! So condoms it is until we start trying for another baby.
    Actually don't mind condoms myself, as they help desensitise OH a bit. But each to their own.

Spent more than 10 years on Microgynon, and now really wish I hadn't...Think it wreaked bad effects on my mood and sex drive, though at the time I didn't realise this...when I have to give my daughter sex education, I will leave it to her to choose, but make her aware how hormones can screw you up. No one ever really talked to me much about the pill apart from the standard questions they ask at family planning clinic...my own mother never talked to me about sex or contraception. Will not want to leave my daughter in the dark about it.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.