• I'm curious...What's your longest dry spell/ abstinence?

    1432319410
    Little White Butterfly [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 42
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2015

    Hi all,

    I've been discussing this a lot recently after one of my friends admitted to not having sex for nearly two years as he is only comfortable with intimacy within a relationship. Similarly another friend has said that he another chose to abstain for 3 years whilst coming to terms with his sexuality (he is now incredibly openly gay).

    So I'm curious, since becoming sexually active how long has your longest dry spell/ period of abstinence been and why was this?

    Personally I think my longest period without sex since I became sexually active 5 1/2 years ago was about 4 months last year when I chose not to engage in any sexual activities as I was having difficulties in a relationship with an ex partner (of 3 years) and found myself repulsed by the thought of anything sexual with him... needless to say the relationship didn't last very long after that.

    1432320903
    kittencub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1570
    • Joined: 11 May 2013

    Little White Butterfly wrote:

    Hi all,

    I've been discussing this a lot recently after one of my friends admitted to not having sex for nearly two years as he is only comfortable with intimacy within a relationship. Similarly another friend has said that he another chose to abstain for 3 years whilst coming to terms with his sexuality (he is now incredibly openly gay).

    So I'm curious, since becoming sexually active how long has your longest dry spell/ period of abstinence been and why was this?

    Personally I think my longest period without sex since I became sexually active 5 1/2 years ago was about 4 months last year when I chose not to engage in any sexual activities as I was having difficulties in a relationship with an ex partner (of 3 years) and found myself repulsed by the thought of anything sexual with him... needless to say the relationship didn't last very long after that.

    Two and a half years then six months will never have sex again due to hubby's health issues.

    1432321573
    FlexyBexyXXX [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1087
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2013

    7 months for me, not too bad, I think?

    1432321968
    Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2084
    • Joined: 21 Apr 2014

    I became sexually active around 7 years ago...

    The longest i've not gone without sex was maybe 3 months? if that :/

    I only have sex with people who I am with or who I am seeing... I don't do one night stands, apart from once when incredibly drunk.

    1432322290
    Little White Butterfly [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 42
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2015

    kittencub wrote:

    Little White Butterfly wrote:

    Hi all,

    I've been discussing this a lot recently after one of my friends admitted to not having sex for nearly two years as he is only comfortable with intimacy within a relationship. Similarly another friend has said that he another chose to abstain for 3 years whilst coming to terms with his sexuality (he is now incredibly openly gay).

    So I'm curious, since becoming sexually active how long has your longest dry spell/ period of abstinence been and why was this?

    Personally I think my longest period without sex since I became sexually active 5 1/2 years ago was about 4 months last year when I chose not to engage in any sexual activities as I was having difficulties in a relationship with an ex partner (of 3 years) and found myself repulsed by the thought of anything sexual with him... needless to say the relationship didn't last very long after that.

    Two and a half years then six months will never have sex again due to hubby's health issues.

    I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think that sex is the be all and end all of relationships but do I hope that you've found a solution to this which suits both you & your OH!

    1432322492
    Little White Butterfly [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 42
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2015

    Ink and Kink wrote:

    I became sexually active around 7 years ago...

    The longest i've not gone without sex was maybe 3 months? if that :/

    I only have sex with people who I am with or who I am seeing... I don't do one night stands, apart from once when incredibly drunk.

    I've been the same, other than the 4 months I chose to abstain I've never gone more than 3 months (when I was physically away from my OH of the time) but have only ever done anything more than holding hands/dancing with someone I am not in a relationship with.

    1432322531
    Little White Butterfly [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 42
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2015

    FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

    7 months for me, not too bad, I think?

    I don't think 7 months is bad at all

    1432322557
    Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 11626
    • Joined: 20 Aug 2014

    Approx 4 years ago we didn't have sex for 5 months. Oh had a large operation and I was very poorly also at the same time. Dont think we missed it as such as we were both very ill - but we enjoyed making up for lost time ;) We were still very intimate with other though, lots of kissing and cuddling :)

    1432322924
    TickleMeTots [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 184
    • Joined: 7 Jun 2014

    I've been sexually active for 6 years, yet only ever gone possibly 5/6 months without sex. Though 4 of those years I've been with my partner.
    I get very moody/unmotivated if I go without sex for too long.

    1432323715
    mrs.hiskett [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 996
    • Joined: 12 Mar 2015

    Longest is bout two years cause of medical problems

    1432326834
    Kittyondrugz [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 600
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2014

    3 months..and it was super hard..i can't go without it for a month now,lol.

    1432327937
    paulsballs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2075
    • Joined: 24 Jul 2014

    eighteen years until i lost my virginity, then two years after i lost my first wife to a brian tumor and since meeting the new mrs paulsballs only an occasinaly week or two now and then

    1432327955
    popk1n [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1986
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2014

    Since being sexually active for 15 months (entirely and still in a relationship) its been no more than 4 weeks maximum. Ive cried twice on two separate occasions when it got to 3 weeks. I enjoy my toys but nothing compares to being with another person who you care about :)

    1432328192
    TickleMeTots [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 184
    • Joined: 7 Jun 2014

    popk1n wrote:

    Since being sexually active for 15 months (entirely and still in a relationship) its been no more than 4 weeks maximum. Ive cried twice on two separate occasions when it got to 3 weeks. I enjoy my toys but nothing compares to being with another person who you care about :)

    Couldn't agree more!
    Toys are enjoyable, but not quite as satisfying as being intimate with your partner :)

    1432331811
    Little White Butterfly [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 42
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2015

    TickleMeTots wrote:

    popk1n wrote:

    Since being sexually active for 15 months (entirely and still in a relationship) its been no more than 4 weeks maximum. Ive cried twice on two separate occasions when it got to 3 weeks. I enjoy my toys but nothing compares to being with another person who you care about :)

    Couldn't agree more!
    Toys are enjoyable, but not quite as satisfying as being intimate with your partner :)

    In a long-distance relationship, the maximum has been a month and that was torture (bought lot of new toys inbetween). Thankfully I'm really quite busy at the moment so it's keeping my mind off the fortnight wait it will have been... in hindsight that's really not all that long but it feels like forever!

    1432333350
    Kinky&Curvy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 956
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2013

    I'm currently goin through my dry patch……so far it's been a little over a year and a half!!……Yay me -_- X

    1432334475
    kittencub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1570
    • Joined: 11 May 2013

    Little White Butterfly wrote:

    kittencub wrote:

    Little White Butterfly wrote:

    Hi all,

    I've been discussing this a lot recently after one of my friends admitted to not having sex for nearly two years as he is only comfortable with intimacy within a relationship. Similarly another friend has said that he another chose to abstain for 3 years whilst coming to terms with his sexuality (he is now incredibly openly gay).

    So I'm curious, since becoming sexually active how long has your longest dry spell/ period of abstinence been and why was this?

    Personally I think my longest period without sex since I became sexually active 5 1/2 years ago was about 4 months last year when I chose not to engage in any sexual activities as I was having difficulties in a relationship with an ex partner (of 3 years) and found myself repulsed by the thought of anything sexual with him... needless to say the relationship didn't last very long after that.

    Two and a half years then six months will never have sex again due to hubby's health issues.

    I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think that sex is the be all and end all of relationships but do I hope that you've found a solution to this which suits both you & your OH!

    To be honest I don't think hes interested anymore, I still have toys but have decided to give buying sexy stuff, can't see the point anymore so I'm making a full sized 12th doctor doll and have ordered a fleece with Peter Capaldi on it at least I can lie naked on 12 hehe.

    1432335132
    kittencub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1570
    • Joined: 11 May 2013

    Was trying to say giving up buying sexy stuff edit wouldn't let me in time, by broadband crap.

    1432346170
    SecretAnalLover [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 42
    • Joined: 26 May 2012

    18 months when i was married. Unfortunatly my ex wife had quite a lot during those 18 months. Can you guess why i got a divorce ? hahaha

    1432351613
    Friday13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 663
    • Joined: 19 Feb 2015

    I completely lost interest in sex (even solo) during a particulalry bad episode of anorexia and didn't have sex for a year. When I got to a healthy weight and my hormones kicked back in, I didn't know what had hit me!

    Apart from that, I've had a few dry spells of a 3-5 months because of depression or being in hospital/residential treatment. I don't mind dry spells from loss of interest but dry spells that are forced on me (like inpatient treatment) are hell.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.