• How did you meet your Partner ?

john69 [sign in to see picture]

So many nice stories, a fantastic thread.

Me and my wife met 25 years ago at a conference none of us wanted to go to. I had been working very hard over almost a year and was looking forward to some vacation when my boss ordered me to have a speach at this conference. Very reluctasntly I went.

My wife was in the same situation, had been travelling a lot and wanted to stay with her daughter, but was ordered by her boss to go and tell about the situation in a former Soviet state (yes, she's from one of those liberated countries).

At the first reception of the conference I saw her standing there, all other people just disappeared, I saw only her - dressed in a black dress, pale and long dark hair. When looking at her lots of images from happy moments ran through my head and she was like a symbol for all happiness I'd experienced. And I knew she was the right one.

Since we were living in different countries we had some trouble to meet to begin with, but after two years we started living together. That was 25 years ago, and - I'm not lying - every single day I've been tremendously happy to see her at my side.

Our daughter often says she has never seen such a happy couple and that she wishes she will have the same luck.

So do we.

EmmaS82 [sign in to see picture]

I met my OH through a girls night out. We were out having a girls night out when we ran into the guys. They were having a quiet drink. We didn't speak until we were leaving and we got talking about getting cattle prods to move people out of the way etc and something clicked. He texted my friend asking for my number. I didn't get it till a week later then as soon as I texted he kept on texting back. We finally got together a year later and have been inseperable since 10 years this October! We've no kids unforts I can't have any but we've two furrbabies that need us like kids, maybe one day I'll be lucky to conceive. Anyways that's how I met my partner.

Redmosquito [sign in to see picture]

I met my OH for the first time when we were 14 at school. We were both in detention at the time!

We've been together pretty much ever since.

Lord love length [sign in to see picture]

In a pub in Camden town .....23 years ago and I still love her as much now as I did then .....

EmmaS82 [sign in to see picture]

I met my OH through a girls night out. We were out having a girls night out when we ran into the guys. They were having a quiet drink. We didn't speak until we were leaving and we got talking about getting cattle prods to move people out of the way etc and something clicked. He texted my friend asking for my number. I didn't get it till a week later then as soon as I texted he kept on texting back. We finally got together a year later and have been inseperable since 10 years this October! We've no kids unforts I can't have any but we've two furrbabies that need us like kids, maybe one day I'll be lucky to conceive. We got engaged a year after getting together, haven't got married but we're happy with just rings.

Anyways that's how I met my partner.

Kinkychick [sign in to see picture]

I first met my hubby when I was 15 he was my friends boyfriend and at the time I didn't see him as anything but friends boyfriend. Friend stopped going out with him but kept in contact with him, I split up with ex boyfriend in 1998 and having fab time going out clubbing with best friend when my other friend said my now OH wanted to know if I wanted to write to a him he was in the RAF stationed in Scotland so we exchanged letters for a couple of months they were naughty as time went on. He rang me and took me out on our one and only date it was love at first sight. He was then on a training course near where I lived with parents we got engaged after 10 months moved in together near where he was stationed married 14 months later been married 14 yrs now. Been through a lot together infertility, adopting our son, and health issues I still love him, as much as he annoys me at times he loves me for me.

jimbogemini [sign in to see picture]

At a dance in a Town Hall. I was still at school, OH was working. She got some stick for going out with a schoolboy! She hung her arms around my neck and we've been together ever since. Must have been a while ago as we have two lovely daughters and two smashing granddaughters. How time flies.

dh [sign in to see picture]

My ex-wife and I split up just over a year ago and I spent nearly a year single. Working a lot (in a male dominated workplace) and spending the rest of my time with my daughter made meeting anyone pretty difficult, so one weekend I signed up to match.com

I got chatting to a couple of girls on there and arranged one date for the following Saturday (my 'favourite' of the two) and one for the Monday. I met the girl on the Saturday, really not knowing what to expect; I hadn't been on a date for about 7 years and had never done anything like online dating. The night went perfectly; she was even more beautiful than her profile pictures and we got on great. I had someone sorted to pick me up after dinner but kept texting them to come later and later as I didn't want the night to end. My only regret was not sticking to the promise I made myself; to be a gent and go home alone at the end of the night, but it spoiled nothing so no harm done.

That was valentines day this year and we're moving in together in a couple of months; I have never been happier!

randomnessemma [sign in to see picture]

My Hubby i met as he was one of my uni friends best mate and a few of us were shopping and he turned up to meet his friend while we were in H&M to be honest i didnt really pay that much attention to him but later that same night he asked his friend about me and got him to set up a msn account and add me as a friend so that he could talk to me

livie [sign in to see picture]

I moved our from my parents and happened to move into the same building as my now hubby. He was my next door neighbour in the building and we liked the same games (not inappropriate ones) and music so just got chatting, we ended up sharing a kiss outside and became a couple after. We're now engaged with a baby, amazing how things happen, I wasn't even looking for a relationship at the time!

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

HeHe mines so boring compared to lots of the ones posted. We met outside Tesco 5 years ago. He asked for change for the trolley.

X

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

NEvans wrote:

HeHe mines so boring compared to lots of the ones posted. We met outside Tesco 5 years ago. He asked for change for the trolley.

X

I don't think its so boring . Fate obviously brought you together.

GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]

On a social network, eight years ago. I was 17 at the time. We had common friends and many common interests, most of all videogames and music, and back in the day MSN Messenger was the primary way to talk over distance. I got his email address from his profile and approached him. We chatted for maybe fifteen minutes before I had to rush out because I had a ju jitsu class. I feared I had scared him off, but that night he wrote again. That was about in January of 2007. We got together in the end of March 2007. Going strong ever since.

HoneyBear7 [sign in to see picture]

Me and my oh met online, we lived in the same state and he drove 4 hrs to meet me, we have been inseperable ever since.

HoneyBear7 [sign in to see picture]

That was 5 years ago, wow, time fly's.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I decided to bump this thread as its been sometime since the last post and we have had many new couples and same sex couples join us since.

So if you have an intersting story please post . Don't be shy

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I don't really have a interesting story - We met online and shortly after my mother and I went on a camping trip to a big campsite near where he lives, he came to meet me but I got scared and backed out. My family went to this campsite every year and we never ending up meeting, we were continually speaking for 3 years or so and I eventually decided I didn't want to just be friends anymore so I invited him down to my house and he got the train to come see me for a few hours whilst my mother was out and we hit it off!

FirstTimeLovers [sign in to see picture]

We met at a gig. We were both there with friends but i was shy so i didn't really say much. We kept in touch over fb and then texted. I eventually took the plunge and arranged to go out on a date. Long story short we'll have been together 4 years tomorrow.

Onlyones [sign in to see picture]

As The Clash sang in Stay Free "We met when we were at school"

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

Love hearing these stories

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.