• Why does my sex drive alter through the year ?

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

This appears to be a peculiarity with myself.

For some reason my sex drive from around Valentines day to the beginning of May appeares to be very high with sex on the menu around 4-6 times a week mainly at weekends .My Mrs calls this the Randy Rabbit season .I sometimes wear her out a bit during this period

It then drops to around probably about once maybe twice a month. for the rest of the year If my Mrs wants any more I will oblige her of course as long as she inititaites it. In truth my Mrs would probably prefer sex in the bedroom perhaps once or twice a week at weekends .

Some pointers to note.

We have been in a relationship now for 26 years and my sex drive has always as far as I remember been like this so its nothing to do with age either . We are a close luvvy duvvy type couple and whilst bedroom sex is cut back we do cuddle and snog each other and are still very much in love since the first day we met. We also sleep every night in each others arms and rsally know each other very well like a book.

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

Im clutching at straw here but do you thing its like built in from our primal days? Like animals have season in which to mate?

I am more sexually active around this time of year too x

You know what you could be right , I never thought of it like that. Well done for thinking outside the box so to speak.

It just happens that this period contains both of our anniverseries ie when we first dated and wedding and our son was conceived during this period as well . Its weird really because last Friday when I got home ( my lad does drama on Fridays and theerfore late home) , I couldnt wait to get the clothes off my Mrs and made love on top of the kitchen units . This week I just don't feel that way at all .

capricorn13 [sign in to see picture]

Interesting. Both my children were conceived during this period. Spring is supposed to be when the sap rises.

steevo68 [sign in to see picture]

sassykitten;) wrote:

Im clutching at straw here but do you thing its like built in from our primal days? Like animals have season in which to mate?

I am more sexually active around this time of year too x

Agree

Im the same horniness all year!

The only extra thing I have to do and its the same every year is to reassure my Mrs that there is nothing wrong and that I havn't "gone off her".

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Scientifically speaking it is due to the sudden rise in daylight hours and the rise of vitimin D due to the increase exposure to sunlight. It is a natural thing, and good that you have noticed it.

it is the rise in sunlight (and therefor vitamin D) that leads to the mad March hares and such like. The animal kingdom knows summer is just around the corner and our bodies as well as theirs reacts acordingly.

In natire if your babies are conceived when food is just becoming abundant then there will be no shortage while raising your brood. Your babies will be well fed and ready for winters hardship.

Lets face it we are all animals at heart.

sorry to be boring but it is true.

Never know [sign in to see picture]

Interesting

RAWRRRRR

Just an update for this thread I started some time ago .

I can feel my sex drive is getting stronger again and was hinting for sex last night but she wasn't having anything of it. Probably will have to wait until weekend. Then I will lock her in the bedroom ! lol

Kazamarie [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

I can feel my sex drive is getting stronger again and was hinting for sex last night but she wasn't having anything of it. Probably will have to wait until weekend. Then I will lock her in the bedroom ! lol

And out come the 10000 uniforms and accessories x

Kazamarie wrote:

mysteron wrote:

And out come the 10000 uniforms and accessories x

You already know me quite well

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

Tis the season to be twitterpated!

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

Interesting! My sex drive various widely, but it's most reliant on how tired I am. If I'm getting good nights sleep I'll happily have sex 2-3 times a day with more the weekends, but when I'm tired it's once a day or every other :/ x

AussieCharm [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

Scientifically speaking it is due to the sudden rise in daylight hours and the rise of vitimin D due to the increase exposure to sunlight. It is a natural thing, and good that you have noticed it.

it is the rise in sunlight (and therefor vitamin D) that leads to the mad March hares and such like. The animal kingdom knows summer is just around the corner and our bodies as well as theirs reacts acordingly.

In natire if your babies are conceived when food is just becoming abundant then there will be no shortage while raising your brood. Your babies will be well fed and ready for winters hardship.

Lets face it we are all animals at heart.

sorry to be boring but it is true.

So we should all take vitamin D!!!!!

I feel really frisky at the moment . Might have to slap some handcuffs on the Mrs when I get home and drag her upstairs .

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

That's only true for rabbits and animals with a similarly short gestation period. Or for horses (11 months), where spring conception also leads to (almost) spring birth. Whereas 9 months from February to May brings us to November to February - hardly when nature provides us with abundant food...

I think a reawakening sex drive is simply a side effect of a body getting more active after winter rest - quite possibly linked to days getting longer (still waiting for the sunshine)...

Talia wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

That's only true for rabbits and animals with a similarly short gestation period. Or for horses (11 months), where spring conception also leads to (almost) spring birth. Whereas 9 months from February to May brings us to November to February - hardly when nature provides us with abundant food...

I think a reawakening sex drive is simply a side effect of a body getting more active after winter rest - quite possibly linked to days getting longer (still waiting for the sunshine)...

I will go with that !

I thought iI would again update the post with my feelings .

I am beginning to feel like there is a swarm of heavy butterflies ( it feels a bit different almost heavier than normal butterflies ) in my stomach area. I am beginning to get an urge to carry my Mrs upto the bedroom and for me to do naughty things to her and her to me. The urge now is beginning to get stronger on a daily basis but I can still surpress it enough so it doesn't affect my work .

First time I have documented it but it is a really strange feeling.

Its going to be interesting to see how it compares on Valentines day when roughly it starts peaking . We will be both dressed to impress each other and the Mrs will be wearing lingerie underneath and therefore will want to get our hands on each other after the meal.

Further to my last post my sex drive today is almost none existant. Just not interested in sex but still able to talk about it with oothers on ther forum.

No current medical or medications issues . Can this be normal ?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.