• Asexual - Am I The Only One Here?

PurpleFeline [sign in to see picture]

Just curious. A couple of my friends laugh when I talk about Lovehoney stuff - it's like "but you're asexual so why do you need to use sex toys?!" Well, I'm of the A who do occasionally masturbate so why not?!

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Hiya,

There was a similar thread recently, I'm not sure if it's close to asexuality but it might be helpful :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1222047-autosexuality-anyone-out-there/

I think there are a few asexuals on these forums, so you're not the only one :)

Sanguine_bazaar [sign in to see picture]

No you aren't alone!!!!

I couldn't have clicked the link any faster when I saw the thread name. I don't know what else to say it's kinda embarrassing

Hi Boogaloo, will go and have a look. Thanks😺

Hi Sanguine, Great to know that I am not the Lone A here. May I ask why embarrassed?

PurpleFeline wrote:

Hi Boogaloo, will go and have a look. Thanks😺

Hi Sanguine, Great to know that I am not the Lone A here. May I ask why embarrassed?

It's not really embarrassed per se just feeling a bit awkward at not having anything more to say about other than hi, you know that awkward teenage sort of way. I'm also a bit disappointed that I'm no longer the only a in the village...
    Cuff Links [sign in to see picture]

I'd identify as biromantic demisexual but that's still on the asexual spectrum so heyyyy

So far as I know, masturbation is sort of on a person-to-person basis. Sort of like how some asexuals are cool with having sex for the pleasure of their partner whereas others are repulsed by the idea of having sex. Really depends.

I'm personally fine with the idea of having sex with my partner but in the past 6 years, it's never really come up as something we've seriously considered doing anytime soon.

Wooh more aces! I've no idea why this makes me as happy as it does...

Like Cuff Links says every A is different, some do some don't. Just a matter of personal preference.

Aces are go - we are not alone 😺

redqueenwildboy [sign in to see picture]

Hi! You're not alone at all. *friendly wave*

As for the masturbation thing, I have a huge sex drive but zero urge to have sex with others. That's why I class "autosexual" as a big part of my asexual identity. I have asexual friends on the other end of the spectrum who would never dream of touching themselves in a sensual way - they have no urges down there at all.

I do have "sex" with my partner and others, but only with me performing moves on them, never the other way around. I like to please people and I like the intimacy. I think of myself as an entertainer rather than someone who's having sex. I prefer to lose myself in power exchange games and impact play!

Cuff Links [sign in to see picture]

redqueenwildboy wrote:

Hi! You're not alone at all. *friendly wave*

As for the masturbation thing, I have a huge sex drive but zero urge to have sex with others. That's why I class "autosexual" as a big part of my asexual identity. I have asexual friends on the other end of the spectrum who would never dream of touching themselves in a sensual way - they have no urges down there at all.

I do have "sex" with my partner and others, but only with me performing moves on them, never the other way around. I like to please people and I like the intimacy. I think of myself as an entertainer rather than someone who's having sex. I prefer to lose myself in power exchange games and impact play!

I relate a lot to that last part. I love having intimacy and I enjoy bringing pleasure but sexual acts don't seem to do much for me (from what little experience I have). I also like power and impact play though unfortunately my partner won't do impact to me because of his limits. I'm also quite fond of wax play, rope bondage and body painting (I'm an artist so the aesthetic hella appeals to me)

I'd be the same as you redqueen. To me arousal or sex drive or whatever you want to call it builds up and it needs to be released. To me it's like hunger something that has to be dealt with in a similar manner to how I eat to relieve my hunger I masterbate to relieve arousal and at times I enjoy the masturabotory equivalent of a steak compared to a bowl of porridge. Hence why I'm here.

In terms of sex it's a big no thank you from me.

If you want to hear more on the topic Sex Nerd Sandra just did a podcast called Asexuality 101 and her podcast is very interesting in general

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.