• quietly optimistic

dh [sign in to see picture]

Sometimes when I read your posts I wonder if it's my girlfriend writing them as our situations are so similar.
    My ex is also demanding details of my girlfriend but I've told her she can have them when I feel she needs them (when we actually move in together). If you do get any nasty visits or communications from her then remember you can ask the police to speak to her regarding harassment. Though I hope it won't come to that! (Knowing my ex it probably will in my situation though!)

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

Tbh...I was expecting a comment from her along those lines...yet to have my partner sleep over when I have my boys here yet๐Ÿ˜„ so there's my exes reactions to look forward to there.
    Tbh it isn't their business what we do...but I can see they think they need to know when our kids get put in the mix...tbh as we are doing g everything to work it all out gently..and give them all time to adjust( exes included!!) I think we will have it all working like clockwork before long..
    The only spanner has been my sister isn't going to be about to put us up when we go to see her and his dad in the hold with most of the kids.. She is citing work/ traveling for work/ house full of shed stuff due to being flattened by a tree!
    So if that means we have to change a few logistics for our hol...and nothing else...I think we are doing well!

Hmm..my eldest..who has been a difficult one to deal with seems to have been kidnapped by aliens...as he is suddenly all sensible and pleasant๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜Š
    And to cap it all has declared has no issues with a possibility of my new partner staying over...or his kids...as long S he keeps his room.. I am speechless!!!
    Same with the youngest.. I put it to them as a hypothetical scenario... To see if OK with the concept.. And it seems all systems go... I need to find work first...as I need to pay my rent, then I am seeing it actually working out....๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

D.j [sign in to see picture]

Hope all goes well I'm on my own we all need some love and happiness

Sigh...I miss my man....! He is on a camping hike ATM...and I have my kids....still too early to get them involved on these sort of trips yet..
    Well at least he will be here tomorrow evening.... Will have a hug hug waiting for him๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

naughty mum wrote:

Hmm..my eldest..who has been a difficult one to deal with seems to have been kidnapped by aliens...as he is suddenly all sensible and pleasant๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜Š
    And to cap it all has declared has no issues with a possibility of my new partner staying over...or his kids...as long S he keeps his room.. I am speechless!!!
    Same with the youngest.. I put it to them as a hypothetical scenario... To see if OK with the concept.. And it seems all systems go... I need to find work first...as I need to pay my rent, then I am seeing it actually working out....๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Delighted for you so glad things are going well.

Thought it time for update..
    Month 4!!! Already!!
    ๐Ÿ˜Š
    We are so into each other ...I am having a hard time thinking we havevonly been together for 4 months! We are compatible on so many levels...it feels like a jigsaw piece that has been missing under the carpet for last 24 years has just been found and slotted into place..completing the picture.
    Our kids get on well together ( going on a joint family holiday in Scotland next week) and we have been planning moving in too. Logise of this worked through sensibly and tbh...I see us becoming a couple that will be still cuddling and loving/ making love into our grey hair days!!
    So...for those fellow survivors of domestic abuse... Divorcรฉes who go through a hysterectomy, who are in their 40s.... You can find happiness again!๐Ÿ˜˜

I haven't stopped smiling since we met.. We haven't stopped making love in all this time..we can't bear to be apart for a day... I feel like I'm alive again..
    Xxx

jimbogemini [sign in to see picture]

Great to hear you're still on cloud 9 NM. Really glad you've found happiness. X

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Naughty Mum, thanks for the update, this thread was seriously one of the first I read when I joing this community and still makes me smile!

Well it was time for an update...I have updated my photo too... As my new man has had a positive effect on my fitness and wellbeing.... I have dropped so much weight that even he had noticed I am quite a bit better than when we first met.... The fact he stuck with me..with those extra pounds...even when he admired later he tended to go for skiny women in the past, makes me feel even more in love with him!๐Ÿ˜Š
    He could have kept shopping...but he stayed with me..and has been staying firm in our relationship all the way through.
    I have such a new confidence in myself.... I can't help but flaunt it now!

I wear sassy short skirts... And naughty knickers and thongs( I never thought I would like thongs!) And feel great in them. I have seen my tum disappear... A d firm up... It has a bit more to go...but my man is loving every inch of me regardless.

Happy looks good on you :)

We are planning our hol to Scotland this weekend... I am getting really excited... Hoping to get a bit of couple time as well as his dad might be able to look after the kids for a day.. We are planning to have an " adult" tent...so we should be able to have some fun... .. The whole " family holiday " idea..with my kids and his is such a buzz... I feel so fab being in a loving relationship.. Where everything is slotting into place

Littlestars [sign in to see picture]

Good for you honey, so happy for you

Ladybette [sign in to see picture]

This is a beautiful thread NM, especially for an old romantic like me :-) thankyou for starting it..I've sat here all morning reading through from the beginning. I see so much of myself in the old you...no abusive relationship or kids but I've still my own baggage to carry and a cat to consider! I'm the same age as you too and it enthralled me to be seemingly reading my own thoughts at times. Suffice to say...I hope I eventually turn into a copy of the new you :-)

Congratulations on your wonderful new life xx

Have you considered turning your posts into a book? Not including other people's obviously, just yours..like diary entry's? They tell a romance all on their own and have such an air of positivity...

J&M86 [sign in to see picture]

Just read all of this thread and wow! Good for you @naughty mum, I met my husband online and we moved in together after just 3 months, a few weeks after that I found out I was pregnant and our daughter was born before we had been together a year! We have added to our family with a son and have been together for nearly 8 years. We had plenty of doubters who said it wouldn't last but they were wrong. I hope you have a fab holiday in Scotland and that you and your man are cosied up in your own love nest soon xxx

GingerClaire [sign in to see picture]

I've been following this thread since the very start and I'm so pleased for you NM :) It sounds like the perfect love story! Xx

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Hope you all had a great holiday together

jr78 [sign in to see picture]

I was directed to this thread by other LH forum users as I was feeling a bit down in the dumps & wondering if I was gonna find someone....awww man I'm so pleased I read this, I've got a huge smile on my face & I'm feeling really optimistic, so happy for you & your new partner, long may it continue :-) xx

BigBikeGuy [sign in to see picture]

really good to hear it's going from strength to strength, so pleased for you.

NM thinking of you today wondering how you are doing.. hoping ya'll are doing great.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.