• fifty shades of grey whos excited????

    1422358256
    GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 350
    • Joined: 22 Nov 2014

    Uh, I think I didn't explain myself. I don't want a porn version of the book. I was talking about a normal movie, like the one coming out next month, only backed by people that do know the trade, like co-producers or executives, or at least advisors or whatever. What I fear of the movie is that they would pick up the same issues of the books and make Ana and Christian's relationship just as abusive.

    The author said she did some research on the subject and still managed to give a completely distorted image of a BDSM relationship, Hollywood is known for messing up everything in book adaptations (and not only that) so I'm kind of worried that the movie will make the same mistake.

    Having someone on set that knows BDSM, be it an actor, a producer or the company that provides the props used can make a difference between another messed up story and something that's a little bit more real. That's what I meant. Maybe I was just too drastic with the dreamcasting, my bad.

    1422358459
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2250
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    GeekyEleanor wrote:

    It's because having them behind the production would mean having people who actually know stuff about BDSM handling the story, and that would probably mean that they would manage to make something decent out of a story that portrays BDSM as abusive and totally wrong and stuff. You know the interviews before and after many of the movies produced by kink.com? How they ask the actors what they like, don't like, how they felt and everything? I like the way they handle the issue of trust, consent and those interview feel a little like the aftercare phase, something that's totally missing in the books.

    Having someone that deals with BDSM on a daily basis as a job would mean they would tackle down those issues, possibly making a better movie. That's it.

    And I admit I'm a fan of those two, in and out movies. I like their interactions, that's why I thought they would be a good casting choice.

    But that's only my opinion and mine alone.

    It's a valid opinion, I'm just not sure the pros of having them on board would outweight the cons.

    I have an optomistic view here that because so many people have cried out at how wrong the book gets certain things, someone on the movie team will have noticed and will be addressing it. They can't rewrite the book, obviously, but they can choose to add things in or alter things that people have pointed out as wrong. I mean it's going to be pretty damaging for a movie company to release a movie that will get the same backlash of portraying a glorified abusive relationship as a BDSM one. They kinda stand to lose more than an author that was basically unheard of before this one book came out if people think they've released something potentially dangerous in terms of misinforming people. That's what I hope, anyway!

    I would also hope the movie company did their own research rather than relying on the stuff the author supposedly did. That could change things for the better regardless of who the actors are or what the book says :)

    (could also make things worse lol! Depends who you talk to :p)

    1422358615
    Grace1ess [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 549
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2012

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    GeekyEleanor wrote:

    It's because having them behind the production would mean having people who actually know stuff about BDSM handling the story, and that would probably mean that they would manage to make something decent out of a story that portrays BDSM as abusive and totally wrong and stuff. You know the interviews before and after many of the movies produced by kink.com? How they ask the actors what they like, don't like, how they felt and everything? I like the way they handle the issue of trust, consent and those interview feel a little like the aftercare phase, something that's totally missing in the books.

    Having someone that deals with BDSM on a daily basis as a job would mean they would tackle down those issues, possibly making a better movie. That's it.

    And I admit I'm a fan of those two, in and out movies. I like their interactions, that's why I thought they would be a good casting choice.

    But that's only my opinion and mine alone.

    It's a valid opinion, I'm just not sure the pros of having them on board would outweight the cons.

    I have an optomistic view here that because so many people have cried out at how wrong the book gets certain things, someone on the movie team will have noticed and will be addressing it. They can't rewrite the book, obviously, but they can choose to add things in or alter things that people have pointed out as wrong. I mean it's going to be pretty damaging for a movie company to release a movie that will get the same backlash of portraying a glorified abusive relationship as a BDSM one. They kinda stand to lose more than an author that was basically unheard of before this one book came out if people think they've released something potentially dangerous in terms of misinforming people. That's what I hope, anyway!

    We can just hope that hollywood does what it always does with book adaptations and completely ignore the source material?

    1422358671
    GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 350
    • Joined: 22 Nov 2014

    Guess we'll see when the movie comes out, though I still have to find someone that actually wants to see the movie (my OH adamantly refused to come with me), so I think I'll have to wait for the home video release and rent it, only then I'll express my opinion. Maybe the movie will turn out better than the book, it's rare but not unheard of so there's hope.

    1422361054
    macspants [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 329
    • Joined: 22 Jan 2015

    I too thought the books werent worth the paper or e-ink they were written on.. but only by its literary merits. As a water cooler moment and the explosion in awareness its an undeniable phenomenon.

    Im looking forward to porn studios producing a more hard edged (but not extreme) version of the film. I thought the "Submission of Emma Marx" was okay for people like me who enjoy the lighter side of bondage.

    1422557004
    GraceA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2015

    Im going to see the film too. It made me think a lot more about sex and whats acceptable in a relationship it made me want more!

    1422797865
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2450
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    @BM The movie My Mistress came out last year, I think it's a lot less rom commy and suited to both genders =)

    1422816421
    Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 971
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2013

    I've pre booked my tickets !

    1422820368
    Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1520
    • Joined: 19 Sep 2010

    Lady Ness wrote:

    @BM The movie My Mistress came out last year, I think it's a lot less rom commy and suited to both genders =)

    I saw that film, it's ok, would give it a 6/10

    1422899228
    squeakysquirrel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 22
    • Joined: 26 Aug 2014

    I tried to read the books but they were just too poorly written. The sex was written so badly and it was so offputting, not to mention how unconsensual and abusey it is!! Definitely not a fan of the books or the movie. I hope the movie doesn't encourage people to confuse BDSM with abuse, it's already got a bad enough reputation as it is!!! :(

    1422899380
    Bubblevicious [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 30
    • Joined: 29 Jan 2015

    I agree with you, Squeaky Squirel!

    1422900278
    dark_rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 5
    • Joined: 25 Mar 2008

    I liked the book, but the sex bits were all the same! found myself wanting them to get it over with to get on with the actual storyline. Definately won't be watching the film

    1422908398
    OwnedByMyMistress [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 157
    • Joined: 18 Sep 2014

    Me and the OH are off to see it on opening night on the 13th of February! Am v excited to see it and what will come afterwards!

    1422908861
    Kassandra Silverbullet [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 35
    • Joined: 13 Dec 2014

    I am so existed, like a little kid waiting for presents Christmas Eve! I can't wait to see what it's going to be like with all of the sexy scenes and the story:):)

    1422983395
    karen68 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 57
    • Joined: 10 Sep 2013

    will there be anyone getting frisky while watching im wandering

    and if so do i watch them or the film mmmm

    thoughts anyone

    1422991317
    Adamf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 5 Feb 2011

    Just a quick question what sort of audience is this film aimed at women groups of women or as its valentines day couples I would hate to be the only male taking his wife to see it what's your thoughts guys

    1423058258
    karen68 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 57
    • Joined: 10 Sep 2013

    i will be going with OH so i would think a few guys will be there you will not be the only one

    and if you was its not a problem i,m sure

    you just might be a bit tried afterwards lol

    1423060256
    Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2825
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2014

    Not excited, but will watch it at home with OH eventually. More interested in what they've deemed appropriate for a Hollywood porno considering what they've banned in brittish porn. And to see how many illuminati symbols they manage to cram in, there has to be a reason it became a best-seller, certainly not that it's miles above other erotica.

    1423070942
    kittencub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1572
    • Joined: 11 May 2013

    Kassandra Silverbullet wrote:

    I am so existed, like a little kid waiting for presents Christmas Eve! I can't wait to see what it's going to be like with all of the sexy scenes and the story:):)

    Kassandra Silverbullet wrote:

    I am so existed, like a little kid waiting for presents Christmas Eve! I can't wait to see what it's going to be like with all of the sexy scenes and the story:):)

    I was like that with Dr who series eight last years we all did special buffets and things on our Peter Capaldi forum.

    1423598848
    sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1549
    • Joined: 28 May 2014

    Pleeeeease call me dump ive only just realised jamie dornan is olaying mr grey he last played a bondage obsessive rapist irish character ..on tv series the fall.. I knew id seen him but couldn't put a finger on it

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.