• Sore breasts and *ahem*

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

He's under a lot of stress at the minute and he's pretty confident I'm not so it's not really a worry, I'm sure I'm not but I'd just like to check, just in case

SR36 [sign in to see picture]

Any updates? Hope you're alright Y&F x

Had a bit of bleeding today, so gonna see if it gets worse before doing a test, don't want it to come back positive then start a period, I'd rather not know whether there was anyone in there or not if you get what I mean?

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

It may be just stress, it may be pregnancy, it may be a reaction to the implant, or even some other health issues... If I were you I would prefer to know which one of these it is - yes, I would be nervy about the test, yup, I would be absolutely terrified to go to see a doctor but frankly, not knowing would probably turn me into jumpy, anxious and totally frightened mess...

In any case, I honestly wish it is not anything dreadful and I hope you feel okay soon...

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Young and fun95 wrote:

Had a bit of bleeding today, so gonna see if it gets worse before doing a test, don't want it to come back positive then start a period, I'd rather not know whether there was anyone in there or not if you get what I mean?

Its entirely up to you but i would do a test. If it was to come back positive then its something you would need to consider keeping an eye on.

i know it would be upsetting, but there are cases where a pregnancy is missed and the woman assumed shes having a heavier than usual period and bits of tissue can be left behind and cause infection or further bleeding.

SR36 [sign in to see picture]

Also- given that you said you've been feeling a bit anxious lately, maybe it's better to take the stress of not knowing out of the equation- it doesn't sound like something that you need right now!

Best of luck :)

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

stress can cause our bodies to go out of wack. Esp if your period is due, so you would get the soreness from the hormones being pumped around but a lack of aunt flo for a week or so.

MGW03 [sign in to see picture]

Any update on this Y&F?

Hope you're ok.

Having an incredibly light period which is either a sign of pregnancy or period, fun! I WILL buy one today and will test in the morning and let you know, need to go shopping anyway tonight so I have no excuse lol

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

wait til the bleeding stops, before testing

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Whys that? I had heard about doing tests with the first wee of the day but never to only do it if you arent bleeding. Not doubting you, just intrigued

crazy horse [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Whys that? I had heard about doing tests with the first wee of the day but never to only do it if you arent bleeding. Not doubting you, just intrigued

Me too. Never heard that before.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

First off you can still become pregnant whilst using the implant, although it is very very rare. But it's like almost all types of contraception, there's always going to be someone who beats the odds (Like someone I know on the pill, using it properly, and then ending up with non identical twins).

You may have an infection, I've had a breast infection before, and it caused some soreness in all my gland areas so boobs and vulva, etc.

It could be a sign of an vaginal infection too, particularly with the bleeding.

It's worth remembering that your hormones change throughout your life, and it could be just that, without any other reason behind it.

But I'd recommend going to the doctors to get your implant checked to make sure it's still functioning 100%, maybe ask for a smear test, and get them to do a pregnancy test there. They could even check your boobs for an infection too.

So many people put off getting these things checke dout due to being shy or thinking it'll pass, but it's better to be safe than sorry, as they can be signs of other things.

Also bleeding shouldn't interfer with the pregnancy test, plus so many tests can be taken any time of the day. Although it took 5 weeks before one showed positive with my pregnancy, and I tried a mixture of the cheap and top brands too (every body releases different amounts of the hormones for various reasons which may mean they don't pick up things at first, so again best to go to your GP).

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

Lady Ness definitely hit nail on the head, take test n see your gp, Ive got the implant but was experiencing bleeding between periods... after my gp who is brilliant did a smear n full std testing ALL CLEAR results. She put me on the mini pill as well cerazette.

Better safe than sorry .. Im shouting to all women please keep up yo date or request a smear if your worried, my mums had cervical cancer cells removed and by all accounts it wss worse thing she'd ever incountered lucky it wss in extremely early stages so that was the end of it, but doesnt bear thinking about should she of not had that smear.

I've had one test and it put me off forever, humiliating and unprofessional, yes that doctor was crap but still could never go through with that again. I don't think it's an infection, the pain isn't infectiony lol think it deffinately hormonal, will let you know in the morning.

incredibly light bleeding so don't think it will affect the test

I used to be embarrassed about getting smear tests done, then I had kids.......

crazy horse wrote:

I used to be embarrassed about getting smear tests done, then I had kids.......

I was lucky, my nurse had done it so many times she could probably have done it blindfolded! She even used a "virgin" speculum!

I would much rather have a smear test than go to the dentist any day!

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I took my own lube to my smear test and had a great conversation about the differences between the different types uses (pros and cons).

I think while the smear test can be embarassing, it's better to do it than avoid it as it can pick up so many things, not just cancer. But then again vaginal health is very important to be, and I'd prefer that area to be in top health all my life, rather than loosing functions due to something a quick test could pick up and help avoid / treat.

Again though vaginal bleeding won't affect a pregnancy test, although it can sometimes affect a smear test I think.

Yes Lady Ness, you're right, you can't have a smear when you have your period.

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

I personally didnt find it that bad tbh dont know what all the fuss is about...

Lets face it 2 mins of discomfort or whatever not that I found any of this, than whatever could happen should u not??

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.