• Sore breasts and *ahem*

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Vote AYE, if she should pee on a stick TODAY :p

AYE

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

You will be less scared once you have done a test, whatever the result!

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

If you do a test at least you won't have to worry because you'll know for sure either way :) I'd definitely recommend getting a couple, or a digital one, just so you can confirm your result across a few tests or know that it's definitely very likely to be right. I got a cheap one last month and it gave me a contradicting result with the other tests I'd taken, so it's best to buy a few so you can know for sure!

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Either it's a bloody bad period coming or a baby lol I'll do a test tonight and tell you either way. God I'm terrified!

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

Young and fun95 wrote:

Either it's a bloody bad period coming or a baby lol I'll do a test tonight and tell you either way. God I'm terrified!

always at the end of a message you know that x

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

TBH I found boots/superdrugs own tests were much better at picking up early pregnancy, than the digi ones.

Thanks PA x

I'm not sure how far I'd be gone, I think a couple of weeks but might do an early test just to be sure

I was ridiculously cheap and went for poundland tests, which is probably why I had a problem.

Good luck with the test though, I hope you'll feel better about everything once you know the result for sure.

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Skitty wrote:

I was ridiculously cheap and went for poundland tests, which is probably why I had a problem.

The ones used in the nhs are really cheap, you can get them for about £3 for 12!

JM88 wrote:

Skitty wrote:

The ones used in the nhs are really cheap, you can get them for about £3 for 12!

I don't think I need that many!

Gosh, affordable and presumably reliable - sign me up! :P

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Skitty wrote:

Gosh, affordable and presumably reliable - sign me up! :P

It used to be part of my job and i had the cassette ones, where you had a little pipette to measure out the right amount of urine and squeeze it into the little round bit then wait for the result! I liked it because it felt really sciency and technical!

the ones i use at home are the same brand but the sticks which you dip into urine for 10 secs then lay it flat and wait for the results! I keep a clear blue dating one spare just incase i get a positive reading!

I remember when i had a nurses appointment as a teenager she said that the ones the nhs use cost them pennies and they are just as reliable as the expensive ones, they just dont tell you anything other than positive or negative. I always check that they have the kitemark so i know theyre good but i trust them. Having seen them pick up pregnancies, or come back negative thats confirmed with a scan even though other symptoms are present gives me piece of mind.

That's good to know, JM88. I'd never had a problem with the lay flat paper stick ones before, but got a positive result last month from one that was then contradicted by a digi one. If I'm ever in the situation again, I'll have to look out for the kitemark thing you mentioned - no idea if the ones I used had that. I was only really doing it as a makey-surey sort of measure so was pretty shocked and terrified when it came up positive. I spent about a week resigned to the idea that I was pregnant because it was around xmas/new year time so didn't get chance to pick up another test until then. I just hope the digi one was right!

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

Young and fun95 wrote:

Just do it, or else you are going to be even more terrified and stressed. I guess that if I were in your situation, I would have already used five test sticks and would have visited a doc as well - and I would be terrified as well.

Texted OH and told him to bring one tonight, I don't even know what I'm hoping for tbh

SlinkyRat [sign in to see picture]

Your first wee of the morning has more of the hormone in.that the test looks for so it would be most accurate if you test in the morning.

I meant to do one this morning but OH forgot to buy a test, it'll have to wait till tomorrow now :(

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

Do it do it!! 😘

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

We're all waiting for the result, hope it's good news for you! I would be terrified too, here's a hand to hold - *squeezes hand reassuringly*

B52 [sign in to see picture]

Young and fun95 wrote:

I meant to do one this morning but OH forgot to buy a test, it'll have to wait till tomorrow now :(

That's quite a big thing to forget. If my OH have asked me to get her a test, i wouldnt be able to think of anything else! I hope it works out the way you want it to.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.