• Hot Tub Sex

Prince Albert [sign in to see picture]

Thinking about buying a hot tub. Doesn't seem to be a specific thread about them, so I thought I'd ask the question:

Are they practical for outdoor sex play?

What about lube?

Do the chemicals affect your toys?

Is the lounger seat better than the upright seat?

What kind of jets get you off?

And loads of other questions I haven't thought of yet!

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

OK we tried hot tub sex when we were on holiday this year, and personally, we found it completely impractical.

Also, it's really bloody hot - When the water temperature is around 40 degrees, and you're trying to get all hot and heavy, we just found we 'wore' out quicker, and ultimately it was unfulfilling and dangerous.

Dangerous? Well the only lube I had one me that was safe to be used in water was a bottle of silicone lubricant (as this won't just wash away like water-based) - however that said, once you've got it on your hands, it's difficult to wash off without some soap and water, and the towel was hanging up on the other side (so not easily reached) - so there was lube EVERYWHERE and it got all over the seats making them REALLY slippery, so much so I almost fell out, arse over tit.

Never mind that I did experience some minor irritation, most likely due to the chemicals used in the hot tub (nothing serious, thank god) but still.

Personally, it may all sound really hot and sexy - and I admit, it was my goal to do it in the hot tub whilst we were away - but when it came down to it, it just wasn't fun at all.

I wouldn't know about toys as we didn't use any in the hot tub.

Raven93 [sign in to see picture]

I've heard nothing but complaints about under water sex, personally I've had no issues with penetration solo underwater, but I imagine it'd be different with someone else. The main issue people have seems to be penetration, somehow the water makes it harder... I'm sure someone might be able to explain the science behind it a bit better than me lol.

Wildcherry [sign in to see picture]

I havent ever had one but after attending quite a few swinging clubs there are a few reasons why they dont really let anyone have sex in there.. and then theres the added danger and akwardness of trying to have sex.

MGW03 [sign in to see picture]

We've got a hot tub but have never tried to have sex in it. We've started some fun in there, but normally just caressing and as things hot up we end up getting out of the tub and heading indoors.

Ours isn't totally out of view from the neighbours so not sure about having sex in it!!!!

I've never tried to use any of the jets to get me off. (Maybe I should?!!)

We just use it to relax at the end of the day, great to sit back with some music and the warm jets.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

Hot tub playtime is pretty great, but hot tub sex.... Yeah, nah.

I think David's pretty much got it covered to be honest, it's impractical, it's hot, and there's a fair fear of drowing and/or choking on pool water.
    It's also pretty grim, since to be properly hygenic you'd have to change the entire pool of water after every play time.

Lube wise, I wouldn't recommend doing anything in a hot tub that's going to require more lube than water provides (aka anal play). Germs and trace fecal matter will get everywhere, and so back to the water change issue.
    Most lubes will either wash off straight away, or like David's, stick and coat everything, making it a lethal slip and slide.
    Also, anything to that....precision requires stability and good visability, both things you don't have in a hot tub. You'll just risk hurting each other :')

As for toys.... Most toys will be safe to use in the tub as long as they are waterproof, and as long as you wash them in plain tap water after use. After all, the chemicals in there are body safe, and they're in such low concentrations to be virtually harmless anyway.
    If you're worried and to be on the safe side, stick to steel, glass and pure silicone and you should be okay.

Another thing to note, humans float, and it ducking hurts when you bash a bodypart on the hot tub moulding :P

Prince Albert [sign in to see picture]

Thanks everyone. I'll get a "No Petting, No Bombing, No Diving" notice to put up, then!

Kinkylincs [sign in to see picture]

We have a hottub best advice is try and see if its fun well carry on

Ms HKM [sign in to see picture]

It's a thumbs down from me too. Waaaaay too exhausting and you end up stood up OUT of the water. Defeats the object!!

B-B [sign in to see picture]

My husband and I own a hottub. We have tried hottub sex numerous times, but don't like it. It is far too hot, the chemicals burn, plus the cost of having to drain the water, clean it, and then add chemicals again was ridiculous!

We prefer hot bath sex or shower sex. We use oilbased lube.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.