• Trying to find a 1990s documentary on the legality of S&M in the UK

nikki.x [sign in to see picture]

Hi everybody,

I'm here to ask for help: I'm trying to find a documentary I remember seeing on UK television in the mid-1990s on the legality of sadomasochism in the UK.

The main problem is that I remember very little about the programme -- just (1) the subject matter; (2) an interview with some legal figure who took the view that any consensual sexual activity involving pain would be technically illegal; and (3) the presenter or an interviewee at one point talking to the camera while bound up in a leather sleepsack or something similar (!). I have a feeling it may have been one of the weekly current affairs programmes on the BBC or ITV. Given the topic, I'm sure it must have been after the watershed.

I know it's a long shot, but does it ring a bell with anyone? Even just identifying the programme would be a great help. I do have other sources -- articles, essays, etc. -- so I don't *need* this documentary, but it might be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]

Wow. Sounds like you want something quite specific. I've bumped your thread so it's back at the top of the list.

I hope someone can help you!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.