• Bare down there

DaveNE [sign in to see picture]

It seems like a high majority of people, and certainly ladies, prefer to be bare down there, and looking at older threads people have used razors, waxing, creams, and epilators etc, but as time and technology have moved on I’m wondering what people find the best solution is now?
    For my own part I use a regular Mach 3 razor, and I also get the task of removing the hair from my OH. However although she’d love to be completely smooth permanently, I usually end up using an electric trimmer to get as close as possible, and occasionally use an electric razor below her clit. Certainly above her clit is never shaved smooth as the irritation as it grows drives her mad, so most of the time she’s either got very short hair above, and occasionally shaved or short hair below.
    Any magic solution on a comfortable way to get it smooth and keep it that way?

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

I personally use an electric shaver every day, which does get everything pretty smooth. I wouldn't be able to wet shave, as I am quite sensitive and can get irritated too easily, but my electric one does the job very well :) x

Hi Scorpius,

Thanks for the info. Is there a specific one you find works best?

Peitho [sign in to see picture]

I like everything as smooth as possible down there. I used to wet shave but hated it as whatever shaving gel or foam I used I always got razer bumps and a rash which is definitely not attractive. I then got this (sent as a tester from Cazz) and it's fantastic, I absolutely recommend it! Very smooth, close shave and no rash or razer bumps. Blades are still good at the moment and when they do blunt I'll buy another as nothing else worked for me before. Still wet shave legs as the skin there is much less sensitive and doesn't react badly but for sensitive areas definitely recommend this or something similar.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31227

Miss Stripes [sign in to see picture]

Peitho wrote:

I like everything as smooth as possible down there. I used to wet shave but hated it as whatever shaving gel or foam I used I always got razer bumps and a rash which is definitely not attractive. I then got this (sent as a tester from Cazz) and it's fantastic, I absolutely recommend it! Very smooth, close shave and no rash or razer bumps. Blades are still good at the moment and when they do blunt I'll buy another as nothing else worked for me before. Still wet shave legs as the skin there is much less sensitive and doesn't react badly but for sensitive areas definitely recommend this or something similar.

Does it go close enough? I hate any sort of hair but have horrible razor bumps that I just can't get rid of no matter what gels or foams I use :(

Peitho wrote:

I've had my eye on this for ages. I'm the same as you and still wet shave legs as I have never had a problem there. I also use my electric razor for under my arms as it is quite small and perfect for it. It is only a travel one, but it is so good and a great size, the only down side is that you can't get spare blades, but as it only cost about £10-£15 depending on where you get it, and has lasted me about 6 months so far, I will just get another one if it breaks. It is a 'Braun Mobile Shave M-90 Portable Shaver'

yummytummy [sign in to see picture]

my OH and I both like to be bare below it took some getting used to but it's really sexy to shave each other

Thanks for the response Peitho.
    I did actually look at the LH razor, but it actually looks very similar to the Philips razor that we currently use, hence not sure if it will be better. The Philips also has a trimming head, an epilator (painful!), and a foil razor head to finish off with, which does an ok job, but as it means I’m the one that has to do it, it ends up being a week or two between trims etc. I’ve tried to persuade her to do it herself every day or two, but she’s worried that she’ll cut herself with not being able to see closely what she’s doing.
    Scorpius – I Googled the Braun shaver you mentioned, so thanks for that. Is it one of these very small shavers, as it’s not clear in the pictures I’ve seen? Is it comfortable to use in the more delicate areas when you can’t really see what you’re doing?
    Anyone tried the No No type of device, and does it actually work? Very expensive bit of kit, so highly unlikely to go this route without some sort of recommendation that it performs as advertised.
    Thanks again for the information

Scorpius12 wrote:

I've had my eye on this for ages. I'm the same as you and still wet shave legs as I have never had a problem there. I also use my electric razor for under my arms as it is quite small and perfect for it. It is only a travel one, but it is so good and a great size, the only down side is that you can't get spare blades, but as it only cost about £10-£15 depending on where you get it, and has lasted me about 6 months so far, I will just get another one if it breaks. It is a 'Braun Mobile Shave M-90 Portable Shaver'

Miss Stripes wrote:

Does it go close enough? I hate any sort of hair but have horrible razor bumps that I just can't get rid of no matter what gels or foams I use :(

Miss Stripes, it gets really, really close! Of the attachments I only use the main trimmer and the finishing head. The main trimmer gets close but definitely would feel a bit stubbly if left at that however the finishing head gets everything really smooth. Obviously, it's still a shaver so the feeling's only going to last a day rather than the longer effects you get from waxing but I get the rash and bumps post waxing so this is definitely the best option for me!

Scorps, the lack of spare blades is the only problem I could find with this shaver (and the only reason it got 9 rather than 10 in my review). I've had it since June and the blades are still sharp and work well but I would love it if there was a cheaper way to just replace the two attachments I use when they do start to blunt rather than replacing the whole unit.

DaveNE wrote:

I did actually look at the LH razor, but it actually looks very similar to the Philips razor that we currently use, hence not sure if it will be better. The Philips also has a trimming head, an epilator (painful!), and a foil razor head to finish off with, which does an ok job, but as it means I’m the one that has to do it, it ends up being a week or two between trims etc. I’ve tried to persuade her to do it herself every day or two, but she’s worried that she’ll cut herself with not being able to see closely what she’s doing.

As I say other similar shavers probably work just as well though if it is the same I don't quite get how she thinks she's going to cut herself. I don't think it would be possible to cut myself with this but yeh, I don't always shave every day but a fortnight inbetween and she's definitely not going to be feeling great downstairs. I have found the most useful tip is to use talc when shaving as it just helps get everything that little bit closer.

Not tried the No!No! but would also be interested to hear anyone's experiences...

Holly Love [sign in to see picture]

We both use a cheapo trimmer for most of it was like a tenner in the supermarket and takes a normal aa battery but does the trick for us to get alittle closer we also use an electric shaver.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

I use King Of Shaves Sensitive Gel,i never have problems wether it`s my face or other bits i`m shaving,plus you can see what you`re doing.

snapper [sign in to see picture]

I give the little lady a trim quite often and to be honest have struggled with power so offten the just cant cut it ! or the go blunt after a few trims , but this is just dry shaving I dont think i would dare try to wet shave her , maybe i'll try a cut throat razor !

Kaiser [sign in to see picture]

Me and my OH use a battery powered beard trimmer. No shaving rash or ingrowing hairs.

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I find a combo of trimmer and electric shaver is best. Wet shave with a razor gives the best results but can't put up with the shaving rash and stubble coming through after just two days!

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

DaveNE wrote:

Scorpius – I Googled the Braun shaver you mentioned, so thanks for that. Is it one of these very small shavers, as it’s not clear in the pictures I’ve seen? Is it comfortable to use in the more delicate areas when you can’t really see what you’re doing?
    Anyone tried the No No type of device, and does it actually work? Very expensive bit of kit, so highly unlikely to go this route without some sort of recommendation that it performs as advertised.

The No No has terrible reviews, a quick google search will show you, and also reports of people not getting their money back. I wouldn't touch it. If something looks too good to be true it usually is!

Peitho wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

Miss Stripes wrote:

Miss Stripes, it gets really, really close! Of the attachments I only use the main trimmer and the finishing head. The main trimmer gets close but definitely would feel a bit stubbly if left at that however the finishing head gets everything really smooth. Obviously, it's still a shaver so the feeling's only going to last a day rather than the longer effects you get from waxing but I get the rash and bumps post waxing so this is definitely the best option for me!

Scorps, the lack of spare blades is the only problem I could find with this shaver (and the only reason it got 9 rather than 10 in my review). I've had it since June and the blades are still sharp and work well but I would love it if there was a cheaper way to just replace the two attachments I use when they do start to blunt rather than replacing the whole unit.

Thanks for that, it is a shame when you can't get replacement blades xx

alibnmimi [sign in to see picture]

If you want it bare and always bare... Laser is the way to go... Am 12yrs and 2kids later still free, although after the kids were born there were some very light hairs that grew. Expensive at the time but well worth it.

Also, another tip is to shave using moisturising cream instead of shaving foam etc. Works for hubby too. Another thing that he does is spray colodial silver on after he wet shaves which prevens those annoying lilttle sore bumps appearing on day 2-3!!

DaveNE wrote:

Yes, it quite small and is very comfortable to use. I have just measured it and the shaver head is 2 inches wide, and the foil is just under 1/2 inch deep. The length is 4 3/4 inches. Hope this helps :) x

cracker165 [sign in to see picture]

alibnmimi wrote:

If you want it bare and always bare... Laser is the way to go... Am 12yrs and 2kids later still free, although after the kids were born there were some very light hairs that grew. Expensive at the time but well worth it.

Also, another tip is to shave using moisturising cream instead of shaving foam etc. Works for hubby too. Another thing that he does is spray colodial silver on after he wet shaves which prevens those annoying lilttle sore bumps appearing on day 2-3!!

Thanks for the advice re. the spray.

At 45 years old, i've been shaving everything down there for the last couple of months after been au naturale until then. I love the feeling but those little spots are irritating.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.