• Magic wand ... Second time

cg22 [sign in to see picture]

Hello all I am after some advice...
    I brought my wife the lovehoney mains magic want http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464 about 16 months ago... At first she loved it In fact we both did... However after a while she found it to almost have the opposite effect and although she loved the sensations she almost became numb and could not climax.. We returned the wand using LH amazing returns and returned to our faithful rabbit vibrator..
    I then brought her a body wand battery one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27448
    and although it's good it does not have the same power of the love honey mains version ... So do I buy another one lovehoney mains deluxe wand and see if second time around we can both enjoy it more??? Any suggestions or ideas anyone ???

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Sometimes when things are too powerful that's why you go numb. How does you OH feel about the new weaker one?

Or try this, we have it and it's deffinately powerful http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22097

She says it's ok but her climax is not as intense as it was with the mains one ...

Maybe you just got too eager with the mains one and turned it up too high? I had the LH mains one and it just didn't do anything for me tbh

I think I was more of a fan then she was to be fair .. Maybe this time I let her decide when we will use :-)

Dazzels [sign in to see picture]

We have found with toys that make you go numb the power is too high, to get around this ever now and then we turn it right down to allow your body to recover and become sensative again.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I get numb with my wand if the power is too strong. Slow it right down and rest for a while before trying again

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

For some women, using powerful vibrations consistently can numb the clitoris and make it harder to reach orgasm. They key word there is consistent. I am guessing her orgasms came back a month or so after you returned the wand?

See, it is similar to "death grip syndrome" in men. If you masturbate in one way, especially in a way that produces HIGH sensations, over and over, it can cause the clitoris/penis to become less sensitive to lighter/gentler stimulus.

It has happened to me. The trick to overcome this is to stop taking yourself to orgasm in the same old tried and tested way, over and over again and "re-train" your body to respond to gentler/lighter sensations.

Now I always keep it mixed up. I reach orgasm through a variety of different sensations. Maybe a vibrator one night, his tongue the next and my fingers the next and so on. If you keep it mixed up, it stops this death grip equivilent from taking hold.

Not all women suffer from it, but some (me included) can and just mixing it up and re-training to get used to gentler sensations again can really help.

Best of luck

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

How about trying something different? Wands numb me too, the only way I use mine is to rumble a ceramic dildo.

My favourites are both from iroha. Only one is still stocked, the Sakura. It's yummy, not numby. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27458

hi all thanks for the comments and suggestions, we have decided not to try the wand again but look at some different toys :-)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.