• What's with it?

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

I believe that a lot of people who have swinging relationships have a stronger relationship than the average couple from what I've read on the forums. They trust each other totally, and are comfortable with them being with other people, that speaks volumes for me. I could never see my husband with another woman, I would be insanely jealous, but if people can overcome that that must make their relationship pretty special.

butterflybee [sign in to see picture]

To be honest, it's something that I wouldn't mind being a part of at the moment as I'm single (ie. I'd be happy to join in with other couples for 3some/girl on girl etc).
    From what I understand as well, most couples have 'rules' around it, whereby some may be ok with only flirting and no real sexual action, whereas others are more than happy to have full intercourse etc.
    If I was in a relationship though, I don't think I'd be able to do it (double standards or what! Lol) because I reckon I'd be crazy jealous!

#Dana [sign in to see picture]

Totally agree I would be jealous and don't think the marriage would survive.
    But I could watch flirting as I would know he's mine and coming home with me x

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

I couldn't even watch flirting. Not because I don't trust him, because I don't tryst women. I'm conscious that I'm a fair but younger than OH and don't think women respect our relationship, so I can't cope with him encouraging them. Luckily he doesn't even notice how many women want him!

KeptLocked [sign in to see picture]

MrsMcX wrote:

I believe that a lot of people who have swinging relationships have a stronger relationship than the average couple from what I've read on the forums. They trust each other totally, and are comfortable with them being with other people, that speaks volumes for me.

I agree, from what I've read you need a very strong marriage and a high level of trust to be able to swing and not cause friction in the primary relationship.

But I think it happens much more than people would like to think. The school gate gossip is full of 'did you know x is shagging y and x's husband is shagging z'

I'm afraid that the thought of seeing my OH with someone else is a fantasy of mine.

Could I cope if it actually happened? - yes I think I could. My OH was a virgin when we met where as I certainly was not. I've always said that I could understand if she wanted to try sex with someone else as long as I knew.

Could I cope with my OH having an affair behind my back? - I would be devestated

69'er [sign in to see picture]

Swinging not for us. I'd be very jealous of another person doing things with my OH and I know the OH is a very jealous person, more than me so I don't think she would be up for any of it either.

As for water sports, I cannot see the point of it really and would not do it, but like most have said, each to there own.
    I guess that's what make us all individuals.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.