• RANT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

Ive just spent the last 30 minuetes in tears because my brain is shutting down and i cant think very well or write properly, and i have an exam tomrrow

I hate having dyslexia and dyspraxia. its so hard describing how it is to others because they don't see or feel the sheer effort i have to go through just to hold a pen or read something. I spent over 18 hours asleep yesterday and still feel like i am shattered

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

(((( SL))))

You need to remember that you are doing really well, everyone gets tired through finals. Make sure you rest and eat properly and remember that it is nearly over.

xGGx

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

ghostgirl wrote:

(((( SL))))

You need to remember that you are doing really well, everyone gets tired through finals. Make sure you rest and eat properly and remember that it is nearly over.

xGGx

yeah it's just so much harder for those of us with severe chronic fatigue

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Slightly miffed at Lovehoney's response to a replacement for a Random grab bag item.. Offered a basic love egg for the faulty rechargeable love egg I received (well swapped for a luxury massager on the adoption thread, blah). I think I'll put off purchasing any more of them- don't want to be disappointed if I was to find a faulty item in there. Also, put the value of the bag right down.

Not happy at all with Lh.

sweetlove666 wrote:

ghostgirl wrote:

(((( SL))))

xGGx

yeah it's just so much harder for those of us with severe chronic fatigue

only just read this one,  I cant imagine how hard that is, was tough enough doing mine while recovering from pneumonia.

Good Luck with them and remember there are people here wishing you well

xGGx

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

Just gotta say, it really pisses me off when people use very vague/general thread names.

Some detail would be nice. Might make searching easier.

But that's just my pet peave. Happens on every forum.

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Agreed PK...

I could rant bout loads of things at mo but putting it down to pain, frustration & painkillers so I won't....lol

MTC hope you feeling better soon,

I try to stay positive but get annoyed at people who join forums and dont take the time to read the bloody rules, they are there to make this a safe and supportive place for people to openly talk about sex, sexual health and problems. It is a place to get advice and support, not a hook up joint and that kind of behaviour may well stop someone from joining to ask for real help.

Oh and I dont accept friends requests from anyone I havent had a conversation with on the boards and Im not interested in talking dirty on chat for anyones entertainment and and and and ...... think i should stop there

xGGx

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Ugh. Feeling vile. I hurt so much, the thought of going downstairs in the morning just makes me want to stay in (which won't make me feel any better). Bank are being awful, though it's really just expected behaviour now.

There are enough sites out there that do cater for such...detached...tastes that people have no real excuse for abusing the LH boards or users, if passing wank fodder or 'casual' sex is what one seeks a single google entry ought to swamp anyone wiith responses :P

Satoshi [sign in to see picture]

I hope you feel better soon MTC

Hope things get better for you too Rowan

ghostgirl wrote:

I try to stay positive but get annoyed at people who join forums and dont take the time to read the bloody rules, they are there to make this a safe and supportive place for people to openly talk about sex, sexual health and problems. It is a place to get advice and support, not a hook up joint and that kind of behaviour may well stop someone from joining to ask for real help.

Oh and I dont accept friends requests from anyone I havent had a conversation with on the boards and Im not interested in talking dirty on chat for anyones entertainment and and and and ...... think i should stop there

xGGx

Rowan wrote:

There are enough sites out there that do cater for such...detached...tastes that people have no real excuse for abusing the LH boards or users, if passing wank fodder or 'casual' sex is what one seeks a single google entry ought to swamp anyone wiith responses :P

I don't often rant but this is getting to me too.

I sent a lengthy email to the mods about this and was more or less told that if members don't report it then the mods don't spot it. I was told that: "it is absolutely vital that people use the 'report post' button"

If someone's behaviour is inappropriate, lewd or otherwise against the rules then report it. Reporting is anonymous to other members and if the person being reported is breaking the rules then they will be reminded of them. If they were not doing anything wrong then nothing will happen to them so there is nothing to feel guilty about.

There is a lot of incredibly nice people on here and most just want some friendly banter, mature sex related discussion or to seek advice about genuine problems. A small minority though seem to think that because the site is adult orientated they can say anything they like.

Just because someone is a member of a site that sells adult products doesn't mean that they are inviting seedy, over-familiar replies to their posts or that they want to have cyber sex with some random guy.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Feeling ranty, so as good a place as any to vent. ^_^

We found out yesterday when one of the lecturers was going through assessment dates that, despite the student calenders saying our last day was 10th June, apparently we're also in the following Monday, and all the lecturers knew because their calendar said this.  So, queue mad panic to try and find childcare for one day when I'd already told the childminder in January that 10th of June was the final day.

Following on from that, I'd checked with the childminder and she might be available (her husband was booking the holidays, so she has to check if he's done it yet and for when).  So I look at the timesheets for childcare funding (every month I have to fill in when she'd worked and hand it in so the college can pay her their share of the costs).  And it ends June 10th, due in June 10th, nowhere to fill in anything about time worked June 13th.  I popped down to ask what the story was, and they had no clue, as they'd all been told June 10th was the last day, too!  So now they're in a tizzy running off to find out what the story is, because chances are there'll be many more heading down to ask the same thing as folk find out about the secret extra day.  Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a 'maybe' for having a childminder at all, and a 'dunno' for if they'll help at all with the £45 cost for that extra day.  GARGH!!!

The childminder is refusing to commit to whether or not she'll take the wee one back in September, because of all the hassle that's been caused by the college and it's utter disorganisation (some will remember how they never actually paid her until 24th December, after her working from end of August, and how when they did they suddenly informed us that, instead of paying the full whack like they'd said they would at the start, they were only paying £3.80 out of every £5, leaving me with hundreds owed to her and no income other than the benefits I was on before (which don't account for childcare, because the college should be paying for it).  If she manages to get into the morning session in the local nursery, my mother can take her for the few extra hours, but we've STILL not heard back from them, either, so it might be that she's lumped into the afternoon session - meaning my mother can't manage, as it'd be two trips instead of one - and/or she'll be sent as overflow to the next village - meaning again she can't watch her, because she'll spend more time driving back and forth than is worth the two hours she'd be there.  So yeah, stressed about that until I hear, and they're apparently in no rush to confirm with me either way despite her starting beginning of October.

i mean, fucking hell, it feels like it'd be impossible if I even could get a job, because I'd spend so much time hanging on trying to sort out childcare and nurseries that I wouldn't be able to freakin go!  No wonder people sit on benefits half their life, trying to better yourself or make yourself employable in any way is utterly discouraged as soon as you have a kid. :(

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

My little rant will be about my internet connex which is dying on a regular basis; it's sooooo slow.

Sorry to hear people bit fed up with the general pervy wank-fest that appears to be going on at the minute - it goes in peaks and troughs. Just ignore & report what you think crosses the line x x

MTC - hoping it eases up soon

BB - sometimes makes you wonder why you bother doesn't it - but keep trying, it'll pay off

Angel x

BashfulBabe wrote:

i mean, fucking hell, it feels like it'd be impossible if I even could get a job, because I'd spend so much time hanging on trying to sort out childcare and nurseries that I wouldn't be able to freakin go!  No wonder people sit on benefits half their life, trying to better yourself or make yourself employable in any way is utterly discouraged as soon as you have a kid. :(

BB understand what you mean about making yourself employable and how hard the system makes it once you have children.

Mine were 2&3 when their Dad died and rather than sitting at home on benefits I wanted to go back to work but felt I needed some advice and support in doing just that. Contacted Jobcentre plus to try and get help through a new deal for lone parents advisor - simple. Nah as a widow I wasnt counted as a lone parent so no help was available.

That was 3 years ago and I still dont have a job, am now starting a very small scale business of my own and it is hard. Learnt the ropes from helping with family business but the official support was dire.

Keep plugging away something will turn up and its worth it in the end and your little one gets a good role model seeing you working.

xGGx

ghostgirl wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

BB understand what you mean about making yourself employable and how hard the system makes it once you have children.

Mine were 2&3 when their Dad died and rather than sitting at home on benefits I wanted to go back to work but felt I needed some advice and support in doing just that. Contacted Jobcentre plus to try and get help through a new deal for lone parents advisor - simple. Nah as a widow I wasnt counted as a lone parent so no help was available.

xGGx

You are joking surely?? How ridiculous - good on you for trying to get back on your feet.

Makes me feel disgusted

No joke DRA didnt qualify for the help, stupid rules that jobsworth wouldnt ignore

xGGx

Kasumi [sign in to see picture]

ghostgirl wrote:

Unbelievable!!!!

ghostgirl wrote:

No joke DRA didnt qualify for the help, stupid rules that jobsworth wouldnt ignore

xGGx

See, this is where my real rant of the day could start but I won't!!

But it really bloody irritates me that if you choose to pop out children as your day job without any money, thought to how you're going to get one, or a place to live or without any/much support - go on right ahead, we'll help.

If you're put into a set of circumstances you never asked for and genuinly need help - nope, sorry, no can do.

It sort of links into one of my peeves.

Myself and OH work full time. In fact I worked (part-time) at the age of 15 and I also studied. I have never asked for anything from anyone and anything we've done has been of our own doing.

We wanted to buy a house but couldn't afford it (with house prices so high). So we looked about getting a little help, like a home buyers scheme but were told we earned too much. So hang on a minute, we don't earn enough to be able to buy our own (modest) home but we earn too much to get any help??!!

I got financial support for staying at home but what I wanted to do was go back to work, I needed it for my sanity and felt my girls needed to see that women can support themselves by working. I dont want to be at home all day it fuelled my depression and I want to contribute to our society.

I have been doing community work on a voluntary basis and some training courses, self financed, it is hard but I am determined to make this work.

DRA I agree buying a house shouldnt be that hard for a couple who are working or if it is then there should be home buyers schemes with higher earnings limits so fewer working families are excluded.

xGGx

Well GG at least you've got the right mindset and you're trying to make it work

Angel x

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

ghostgirl wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

xGGx

You are joking surely?? How ridiculous - good on you for trying to get back on your feet.

Makes me feel disgusted

Its weird the boundaries they put up on some benefits.  My mum lost full use of one of her legs after a botched operation last year, and doesn't qualify for a lot of the disabled benefits because of her age.  So because she's retired (and therefore has less money) she receives less help...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.