• RANT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

This bloody tv switch over has fucked up my freeview and now my HD ready tv is saying HD is not supported.... whhhaaatttt thhhheeee fffuuuucccckkkkkk

QueenC [sign in to see picture]

ARGH stupid doctors and hospitals and their staff! It's taken me about 20 minutes to find a phone number for the hospital, and when someone finally answered, it wasn't even the hospital! I said "Oh sorry is that blah blah hospital?", and she goes "which department do you want?" so I said I was just wondering if there was a...and she put me through to someone else. The phone started ringing again, and then I got an answering machine saying "Please leave your name and number, and the health board will get back to you". 

Back to square 1!

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

luckylesbo wrote:

This bloody tv switch over has fucked up my freeview and now my HD ready tv is saying HD is not supported.... whhhaaatttt thhhheeee fffuuuucccckkkkkk

Done a retune LL? During a switchover you often have to retune your digital channels, no biggie just use the auto tune should take around 5 minutes. 
    Where is it saying HD is not supported? If it's an HD ready TV its 720p, it could be you're feeding it a 1080p source and it can't display it

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Snow is falling, more snow and even more snow... Did I mention snow?! I cannot see the grass anymore. Its strange view. Not all wite, but the golden green leaves on the trees on branches covered by snow... And more snow is fallign quietly.

And no, I am not in the mountains.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Laveila wrote:

Snow is falling, more snow and even more snow... Did I mention snow?! I cannot see the grass anymore. Its strange view. Not all wite, but the golden green leaves on the trees on branches covered by snow... And more snow is fallign quietly.

This global warming really sucks

gunther wrote:

Laveila wrote:

This global warming really sucks

Actually because of temperatures warming, and more snow melting, the Golf Stream has been getting weaker and weaker as result. And therefor Europe may be facing small ice age soon. And another thing is, that we may be in ice age soon - I think there was a small ice age during 14 or 15th centuries. In the past there were period when it was even warmer than today, during the interglacials periods. And generally interglacials periods are warmest towards the end and generally last about 10 to 20 thousands years. So we may actually be nearing the end of ours

[suspended user]

suspended user

In the elizabethan period the river Thames nearly dried up and later I think in the 1800s it ws so low it lead to the big stink. ... from  that comes Londons sewers......every cloud has a sewer full of..cr&p

yummy mummy91 [sign in to see picture]

fuming i find out who egged my windows ill be having words with them especially if it was who i think it was which im guessing it was as it was only my house an no  others

amydb69 [sign in to see picture]

yummy mummy thinking it kids? tha always doing it up the back lanes here xx

yummy mummy91 [sign in to see picture]

amydb69 wrote:

yummy mummy thinking it kids? tha always doing it up the back lanes here xx

yeah one kids  as me an his mum have had words more than once shes the kind of person to  tell her son to do it

I am suffering from burn out, thanks to work. I get home, I stare at the wall, for a hour or 2, not caring about food or drink, just feeling completely tired and cannot bring myself to care about something

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

My cystitus came back the day before I'm due to go home for graduation.  Not fun when tomorrow will involve lots of sitting on a train.  :(  There wasn't time to go see the Dr this afternoon because I'd already committed myself to attending a seminar that turned out to be not worth it at all, and I probably won't have time to go in the morning as an emergency either.  So annoying.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

I am suffering from burn out, thanks to work. I get home, I stare at the wall, for a hour or 2, not caring about food or drink, just feeling completely tired and cannot bring myself to care about something

*Hugs* I hope you can find some time to look after yourself soon. I know it's hard, but working yourself in to a breakdown would be worse!

Adxx

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

Anyone fancy coming to give me a hug? Serious downer right now :(

I would Steve but I think thats a job best suited to a member of the opposite gender (plus someone closer!), chin up mate, through every dark night there's a bright day ahead.

Anyway placed an order for a Galaxy S3 today, just got an email to say they're outta stock and will be back in 10-15 days 

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Laveila wrote:

*Hugs* I hope you can find some time to look after yourself soon. I know it's hard, but working yourself in to a breakdown would be worse!

Adxx

Thank you *hug back* how have you been?

I will try to get some time off, but it is hard, between work and university, doing PhD to get even a week off. Unfortunately.

ToxicJenni [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

Anyone fancy coming to give me a hug? Serious downer right now :(

big hugs :)

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

Laveila, please look after yourself, lovely :/ Sounds like you're working yourself really hard right now.

I have so much bloody work on at the moment. I had a colloquial speaking test today (which, to be fair, went better than I expected), but tomorrow I have a written MSA exam that I am utterly unprepared for, and I really want to do well in. I also have a university deadline for Friday that's worth 15% of my mark for this year, and I had the assignment three-quarters finished last night (slogging steadily at it took me hours), and then my computer decided to restart and I lost everything so I have to literally start from scratch. Then I have to finish another bit of work before the 12th.

Add into this that between three girls in this flat (all of whom need to get these assignments done), there is one internet cable. The landlord is an utter pig who, despite promising us internet, is now making us pay for everything ourselves. We went and bought a WiFi router today, to make things easier, got it back and it doesn't bloody work, so we lost four hours (I don't understand how everything takes so bloody long to accomplish here) of revision time to buying a sodding router, only to find out we have to do it all again tomorrow.

I'm so pissed off and homesick. I know everyone says that your year abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I am bloody grateful for that. The only thing that gets me through most days in this God-forsaken city is the thought that I'm leaving it for a bit next month...

cheer_up wrote:

Laveila, please look after yourself, lovely :/ Sounds like you're working yourself really hard right now.

I have so much bloody work on at the moment. I had a colloquial speaking test today (which, to be fair, went better than I expected), but tomorrow I have a written MSA exam that I am utterly unprepared for, and I really want to do well in. I also have a university deadline for Friday that's worth 15% of my mark for this year, and I had the assignment three-quarters finished last night (slogging steadily at it took me hours), and then my computer decided to restart and I lost everything so I have to literally start from scratch. Then I have to finish another bit of work before the 12th.

Add into this that between three girls in this flat (all of whom need to get these assignments done), there is one internet cable. The landlord is an utter pig who, despite promising us internet, is now making us pay for everything ourselves. We went and bought a WiFi router today, to make things easier, got it back and it doesn't bloody work, so we lost four hours (I don't understand how everything takes so bloody long to accomplish here) of revision time to buying a sodding router, only to find out we have to do it all again tomorrow.

I'm so pissed off and homesick. I know everyone says that your year abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I am bloody grateful for that. The only thing that gets me through most days in this God-forsaken city is the thought that I'm leaving it for a bit next month...

In what way didn't it work chick? You've got me email address, if you need any tech support you know where I am (and I haven't forgotten about you lol I know I owe you a reply)

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

I am so annoyed, I think no one was in when the postman knocked today so he took my parcels to the 'nearest' delivery office - which is an hour's walk from where I live! They call that local?! I have to wait 48hours before collecting as well which means I now won't get them till Tuesday because I'll be busy and have uni on Monday :/ I am so so angry, I was looking forward to these for a few days now. Stupid Royal Mail

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.