• Posting pictures of yourself

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds I like the way you think and think you are right. And I agree that even if someone uses it to post on social media or something, be lovehoney or not, it doesn't mather because people don't know who you are. I am still afraid some people could recognized me if someone who knows me got on the site (but the chances of that happenning are very low), but if the pic gets elsewhere maybe a lot of people could. I find my picture pretty easy to recognise. I wear those shoes and thigts as everyday wear, and if I posted pics of me in cknickers of something I think my bum might be easy to recognise too. But maybe it is just that i'm use to my body. I'm pretty sure though i'd be able to recognise some of my friends or my bf in anonym pictures of them in lingerie.

Sweet Cherries [sign in to see picture]

The pics that are uploaded here are such a help to me..

Getting to see real people feel sexy in lingerie is what gave me the courage to order the spoil me in satin pink baby doll for my husbands birthday.

I've had two kids and after the first I lost the weight and was tiny again, but this time... I am currently actually dieting and doing well. I had been stress eating and as a consequence even the sex we did have dried up.

The other day I actually took my top off, his eyes popped out! This has been thanks to the courage of the ladies here posting their pics, though some are unfairly endowed! Seeing the other users and men saying how sexy they looked, made me realise they look for the good, not the flaw. We look for that ourselves..

mamz, everyone has a doppelgänger or two out there, so seeing someone similar you could easily laugh it off..

Lovehoney only use the product shots right? In which case your gorgeous gams in the tights and shoes would only be seen here. If someone sees you here, they're here too, so there won't be judgement?

In case i post other pics (i've been thinking about it. Seeing others' pics has given me a little confidence boost too)

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Sweet Cherries wrote:

Lovehoney only use the product shots right? In which case your gorgeous gams in the tights and shoes would only be seen here. If someone sees you here, they're here too, so there won't be judgement?

No they don't only use the product shots, they use user photos too. Your uploaded photos can appear on the product pages, in which case anyone who visits the product page will see them. Lovehoney regularly put user photos on their instagram page, here: https://www.instagram.com/lovehoneylingerie/ and I think on their twitter too (though that may just be when they're sharing the model of the month posts). It's not like Lovehoney use them irresposibly or anything, but they can and do use them on social media as once you've uploaded it here, it becomes their property under the T&Cs. Which means there is a chance your photo could be shared publicly off the forum and you should take care that you're ok with that before uploading anything.

I know some people were upset to find this out when the instagram page was created, so it's something worth knowing before you upload photos :)

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Personally I am happy to post pics on here (and that is a MASSIVE change of heart on my part due to years of self loathing). I have found it to be a positive and confidence building exercise.

I understand that my pics could be 'used' by other people and even put on sites that I don't use, but as far as I am concerned my face is not shown and the chances of being recognised are pretty slim, and if someone were to recognise me and 'use' my pictures for something sordid are they going to tell me - I think not.

I upload pictures completely for my own reasons - because after 47 years I actually think I don't look that bad xxx

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I can see why some people would feel uncomfortable having their pictures up, but for me personally I can't see any problem with it. I don't have the sort of job or life that would mean that anyone recognising me would be problematic.

I sometimes think of if friends or family were to recognise me in the pictures (I now often don't bother to crop them not to show my face if I feel the picture is better showing my identity), but then I think - why should it bother me? It's just my body, there's not even any nudity. Actually the only thing that would bother me at all would be if someone I knew then looked at my forum posts or product reviews, but even then only a very small percentage of the information that I've shared would concern me if other people knew, so I just think I'd rather post the pictures than worry about it.

It was a bit weird when one of my pictures showing my face went up on Lovehoney's twitter when I was runner-up once, but nothing bad happened from it so I'm less worried now, although I tend to take photos that show my face down after Model of the Month is announced each month, as I don't see the point in leaving up identifying pictures that aren't being used :)

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I have a question: How long does it normally take to get one of my pictures approved to be shown on my profile? (If it is within the rules)

In my experience during the week they are pretty quick, depending on the time of day uploaded.

At the weekend tends to not be until the Monday - just how I have found it to be so far.

I believe if there is a problem you should be contacted, although I had to go through online help to find out why some of my pics weren't allowed.

Hope that helps xx

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I have uploaded a few that are cropped to be announ, but I think mine are pretty elementary and wish I was better at selfies.

Skitty, do you think someone could recognize someone on a pic not showing the face and it could have bad effects on work? I was thinking about posting pics but once i have my job do you think it can be affected?? I haven't thought about it before

if you are concerned that something is recognizable and could affect your job or whatnot i would keep that in mind as you upload. I doubt you could be fired for that (unless your employers has some really crazy "morality" clause) vs. people just talking crap about you. Error on the side of people safe if you are worried about it.

I'm only concerned because i study to be a doctor and they always tell us that we have to be professionnal outside of work too and all that, like "don't get drunk in a public place, someone may recognize you and it's bad for
    Our reputation"

Sweet Cherries [sign in to see picture]

Oh! Thanks lovebirds_x that I didn't know, if I read it, I've forgotten it.. Good to know!

One of my friends has a morality clause which makes me so angry. Who decided what is morally right??

Anyway, she works for the British government and so she has to be very careful when she publishes E rated fan fiction to keep her identity private. I myself do not, but I am careful for my children.

My first avatar showed my breasts in a bra and had my tattoo showing which I am in the process of having removed, I was worried this would be a recognisable feature so I took it down. Blonde hair is a dime a dozen though..

So I guess, it's those two things that are what you have to think about.. Is it gossip or job security that is the issue and how much do you care?

Lovingnewtoys you'd be hot for 27, well done, you are right to be proud of how you're looking, that's hard work and discipline!

Sweet Cherries wrote:

Lovingnewtoys you'd be hot for 27, well done, you are right to be proud of how you're looking, that's hard work and discipline!

What a lovely thing to say - thank you. I have to be honest, the camera has been kind!!!

I've said it before - I find posting pics liberating and for me that is a good thing xxx

Ok I just uploaded three more photos... I am sure it will take a bit to get approved but hopefully they look good and I look forward to your feedback.

Fun Louise had asked if I would post new pictures of the pkaysuit I recently bought. They are up.

Vanessa8 wrote:

Ok I just uploaded three more photos... I am sure it will take a bit to get approved but hopefully they look good and I look forward to your feedback.

Stunning new pics xxx

Thanks lovingnewtoys. I had fun taking and cropping them.

gingerhippy [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 just like to add my admiration for your new pics x absolutely gorgeous x

Richie1 [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

Thanks lovingnewtoys. I had fun taking and cropping them.

Hi Vanessa

Love your new pics, they are stunning. xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.