• Bra size help

Morthius [sign in to see picture]

Being a man it's not too easy to know about these things. However, I was buying a bra + panties set for my fiancee and checked what size bra she had. I ended up getting a 34 D which should have been the size she had most of her bras in, however it seemed to be a bit too big. The girth or or so was too much as even in the smallest pin it didn't quite offer enough support and she sais it should in the beginning be more so one have to use the "bigger pins" as by age it gets bigger and then you need the smaller ones. The cup size was a bit too big in this model as well but here comes the question.

Somehow she explained that the cup sizes go somewhat: 34 C 32 D 30 E etc etc to not make the cup size smaller as the girth is changed. IE bigger cup needed for smaller girth to support same size breasts. So if I return the 34 D and get a 32 D will the cup size be slightly smaller as well? or would i need to get a 32 C and risk the cups getting too small?

CuriousKara [sign in to see picture]

Ok let me try this, cup sizes can change when the size changes but I usually see it the opposite way. I was measured and wore a 34F for a while then when I put on a bit of weight and found them digging into me a little I went up to a 36E (bigger back, smaller cup). So if you are going down a size I would certainly say stay same size cup or even bigger ie. a 32E. Of course everyone is different and depending on where you buy from the stores sizing can be slightly different too. Hope that helps.

CuriousKara [sign in to see picture]

oops too slow to edit! Before going straight to a 32E I should have said 32DD. There, I feel better now, didnt want to give you misleading advice!

naughty stacey [sign in to see picture]

CuriousKara wrote:

depending on where you buy from the stores sizing can be slightly different too.

+1 Kara

Sizes are also different according to the manufacturer. Not quite as dramatically as shoes change, yet I never buy a bra without trying it on first.

Morthius [sign in to see picture]

So in other words going to a 32 D should reduce cup size slightly and obviously the circumfrence would go down as well. This one was the Blue Bella brand. I like the looks of the blue bella products so would be great to get one that fits good so I know for future purchases, as I would assume same brand should be quite equal each other.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Morthius wrote:

Somehow she explained that the cup sizes go somewhat: 34 C 32 D 30 E etc etc to not make the cup size smaller as the girth is changed. IE bigger cup needed for smaller girth to support same size breasts. So if I return the 34 D and get a 32 D will the cup size be slightly smaller as well? or would i need to get a 32 C and risk the cups getting too small?

The VOLUME of a 32 D cup will be the equivalent of a 34 C cup. And a 32 C cup will be the equivalent of a 34 B cup. So the 32 C will be the equivalent of two cup sizes smaller than the one you started with. That's a lot of volume. I'd go with the 32 D rather than the C.

This is confusing even for us with practice. When it doubt, call customer service. They're the pros.

Curly Wurly [sign in to see picture]

Bras also are built to tolerances of up to an inch so you can find a bra the same size the same manufacturer the same style, and one fits perfectly while the other is way too big. I found that with an ann summers bra, very annoying.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.