• advice please

    1372272920
    Wilkibo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 469
    • Joined: 10 Nov 2010

    When embarking upon a fresh relationship, how and when is a good time, to broach the fact that you would like to buy her lingerie in order to make her feel (underlined) sexy?
    <3 W

    1372273407
    MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 15 Feb 2013

    How long has this relationship been budding? Do you have any occasions coming up, like a trip away or a birthday, I'm just thinking that maybe an excuse for it would be a gentler approach than diving right in.

    1372274300
    KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3555
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    Maybe go out for a meal and send her the set & say just a little treat for today enjoy look forward to seeing it on you later maybe ? Would that work in your relationship

    1372274694
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2694
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Do you know her measurements? Buying a woman lingerie that is too small will make her feel fat, buying it too big will make her think that she looks fatter than she is. Or that she is too thin if she is self concious about her appearance. I would say that you would love to see her sexy body in some lingerie and suggest picking some together. Or that she chooses and surprises you. If you do know her measurements including back/bust size and know what she would like then you could surprise her. However get it wrong and it could blow up in your face.

    1372275652
    Khaleesi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 383
    • Joined: 1 Jun 2012

    Despina Rose wrote:

    Do you know her measurements? Buying a woman lingerie that is too small will make her feel fat, buying it too big will make her think that she looks fatter than she is. Or that she is too thin if she is self concious about her appearance. I would say that you would love to see her sexy body in some lingerie and suggest picking some together. Or that she chooses and surprises you. If you do know her measurements including back/bust size and know what she would like then you could surprise her. However get it wrong and it could blow up in your face.

    So true! Xx

    1372276692
    Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 481
    • Joined: 30 May 2012

    Despina Rose wrote:

    Do you know her measurements? Buying a woman lingerie that is too small will make her feel fat, buying it too big will make her think that she looks fatter than she is. Or that she is too thin if she is self concious about her appearance. I would say that you would love to see her sexy body in some lingerie and suggest picking some together. Or that she chooses and surprises you. If you do know her measurements including back/bust size and know what she would like then you could surprise her. However get it wrong and it could blow up in your face.

    Ha ha! Why are we so silly?

    Wilkibo, if this is a new relationship, it's going to be very very difficult to figure out what styles she likes, or what will make her feel sexy. For that reason, I'd recommend browsing our sexy lingerie section together. That way, you can take note of her reactions to different styles.

    Otherwise, you could encourage her to browse in her own time and make a wishlist so that you can treat her to something you know she wants - in the right size!

    You may also find our Guide to Lingerie Styles and A Bloke's Guide to Buying Lingerie useful for research. Best of luck!

    1372279729
    spiceitup [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 95
    • Joined: 27 Oct 2010

    Next time her clothes are on the floor, check the sizes out. And go from there.

    and I would start with getting a sexy bra and nickers and then go from her reaction from that.

    1372280191
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2694
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    spiceitup wrote:

    Next time her clothes are on the floor, check the sizes out. And go from there.

    and I would start with getting a sexy bra and nickers and then go from her reaction from that.

    Problem is that sizes vary hugely. Say someone is usually a size 12, they could have items that are a size 10 or even 8 but equally have things that are 14 and 16. I had 2 pairs of size 14 jeans and there was 7 inches difference between the waist sizes and they sat at the same height.

    1372280582
    Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1078
    • Joined: 5 Feb 2012

    Despina Rose wrote:

    spiceitup wrote:

    Next time her clothes are on the floor, check the sizes out. And go from there.

    and I would start with getting a sexy bra and nickers and then go from her reaction from that.

    Problem is that sizes vary hugely. Say someone is usually a size 12, they could have items that are a size 10 or even 8 but equally have things that are 14 and 16. I had 2 pairs of size 14 jeans and there was 7 inches difference between the waist sizes and they sat at the same height.

    Yeah. In the same shop I tried on 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of trousers, all size 10. The jeans didn't fit at all but the trousers fitted perfectly. Yet I've got jeans from other stores that fit fine or are even a little loose in some places, all in the same size!

    I'm not a good person to advise on lingerie since I never buy underwear to be sexy (no point and too expensive) but I guess it's the same as all clothing. It's about the style and the fit.

    It's best to get her to choose for herself, whether at LH or somewhere else, maybe just let her know the budget and get her to surprise you. Then she gets to find something that fits and is in a style she likes as well.

    1372281124
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2694
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Lovehoney do have a great returns policy so if something doesn't fit you can exchange it for a different size. I had to do this, exchanged the item three times and it still didn't fit right. Kinda takes the sexyness out of it at that point!

    1372320012
    Wilkibo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 469
    • Joined: 10 Nov 2010

    Thanks for the advice, ladies (spiceitup, we haven't actually met yet -> please see other post) Think I'll go with Nicole's suggestion of browsing thru LH's collection together !

    W

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.