• When did a size 14 become extra large?

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

Lets not even get started on the fit. I bet every single lady here has experienced the "builders bum" situation. You know, when you try on a pair of jeans in your usual size and literally half your arse is still hanging out the back. Not to mention the camel toe situation going on in front. Does any woman actually HAVE a 5 inch long arse? lol

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

Lets not even get started on the fit. I bet every single lady here has experienced the "builders bum" situation. You know, when you try on a pair of jeans in your usual size and literally half your arse is still hanging out the back. Not to mention the camel toe situation going on in front. Does any woman actually HAVE a 5 inch long arse? lol

I hate those! They seem to design them for really thin people and then just enlarge it keeping the same design. Tops are the same, seriously people can have small waists and busts more than a c or d! Also how they are for 5ft 8 plus...

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

I don't tend to have the problem in the bum. Usually they are too big in the back of the waist but tight fitting in the stomach and thighs. None of it makes any sense.

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

Despina Rose wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

I hate those! They seem to design them for really thin people and then just enlarge it keeping the same design. Tops are the same, seriously people can have small waists and busts more than a c or d! Also how they are for 5ft 8 plus...

I feel your pain. I am just a shorty at 5ft 1 (something like that) and I have experienced the "tops that shalt not pass thou belly button" Why? Why??? I dont want my baby belly on show lol

Janny [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

Laughing at this (now when I'm single...) x

maltedmilk [sign in to see picture]

I wish they make a really good brand with extra fabric for the butt, I always have extra slutty dresses because my bum lifts them up! :'(

FoxyStoat [sign in to see picture]

Despina Rose wrote:

FoxyStoat wrote:

It is easier being a man.Makeup for a start.

We men look at women and just thank the lord it isn't something we ever have to worry about. Ever notice how women carry a bag full of "just in case stuff" around with them.

I don't even carry a wallet.....just an observation on differences between the sexes....

Great heavens to Betsy....keep calm and carry on....

Thing is though that society deems it attractive for women to take care of their apperances. Most men appreciate a woman with smooth legs & underarms, plucked eyebrows, make up, sexy underwear and heels.

You are right for the main part and you're right to bat that back at me. I just so happen to be one of those blokes who preferes the type of female who doesn't put the full war paint on before she sets out the door.I particularly dislike women doing their makeup on the train/tube with their huge bag taking up another seat that someone else could sit on. Get up earlier and preen at home......I don't shave on the way to work or gel my hair...I do it at home and without an audience...

maltedmilk [sign in to see picture]

FoxyStoat wrote:

Despina Rose wrote:

FoxyStoat wrote:

It is easier being a man.Makeup for a start.

We men look at women and just thank the lord it isn't something we ever have to worry about. Ever notice how women carry a bag full of "just in case stuff" around with them.

I don't even carry a wallet.....just an observation on differences between the sexes....

Great heavens to Betsy....keep calm and carry on....

Thing is though that society deems it attractive for women to take care of their apperances. Most men appreciate a woman with smooth legs & underarms, plucked eyebrows, make up, sexy underwear and heels.

You are right for the main part and you're right to bat that back at me. I just so happen to be one of those blokes who preferes the type of female who doesn't put the full war paint on before she sets out the door.I particularly dislike women doing their makeup on the train/tube with their huge bag taking up another seat that someone else could sit on. Get up earlier and preen at home......I don't shave on the way to work or gel my hair...I do it at home and without an audience...

Yeah it's definitely a preferences thing, with everything else! I wear no makeup at all and my boyfriend likes that. Xx
    ZombieCpl [sign in to see picture]

adding on to the make up conversation, I am one of these women that carry make up around with me 'just in case' and with good reason- today I was informed that the company photos were going to be taken and to get myself ready, I was aghast! I had no makeup with me and was wearing none and have spots and I am usually so good at remembering. Besides that, I have been ridiculed before for not taking care of my appearance! I look good with make up on and so I dont wear it every day and when I do I feel great. I certainly dont shave/ pluck every day, my legs never see the sun anyway!

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

Real men smell, and real women like it

S-E-X 4 L-I-F-E [sign in to see picture]

14 is not big at all.
    I always take at least 2 sizes when trying clothes on, if any was to ask me what size I am I wouldn't have a straight answer. My size in diff places ranges from 8-12.
    I will always buy the size I'm most comfortable in. In the bedroom I like tight outfits but out and about ill wear baggyer clothes.
    It doesn't matter what size you are at all

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I am size 14-16, sometimes 16-18, depending on sizing.

I do exercise, and trying to get bit down. On the other hand it is not all about size. I have a frien, who is size 6-8, she is very slim BUT she cannot even stand tall, she is always bending to sides a bit like her body is lacking muscles to stand tall and she is useless when carrying things. She is great person as friend, but I dare to say between mine running, doing flamenco and getting other exercise, I am better off. I know this is bit extreme comparisone, but just dont think size is everything.

And although I am not completely slim, I do keep hourglass figure.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Our sizes are based on the sizing provided by our suppliers, and as our suppliers are from all of the World, sizes can vary from what we're used to in the UK.

We try to give accurate UK dress sizes, and sizing charts, to help you to choose the right size for you. The reason we also include the supplier sizes online eg: "XL" is because very often the garment itself will be labelled with an "XL" inside. If we sell an item online as a size 14 and then it arrives with an "XL" label inside, often customers think we've sent them the wrong size :( So, to save confusion, we include both pieces of info on the website.

I know it can feel a little disheartening to order something in an "XL" if you usually buy a "M/L" from a high street retailer, but it really is just a number/letter (you can always cut the label out once you're happy it fits you well!). As long as it fits you and makes you feel amazing, that's what counts!!
    Think of it like the alphabet... we use "ss" when writing, where the German's use "ß". The end result is the same, we just use different symbols to represent the same thing. So where our supplier uses "XL" we translate to "14" for us Brits!

Jimi Duro [sign in to see picture]

with todays sizes I have all on fitting into a XXL

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

Same as Jess says really, I don't care what the labels of clothes say. Yes, it's a bit disheartening to have to buy XXL sizes, but having a F cup bust doesn't work in my favour either lol. As long as I look good, I don't care about sizing labels.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.