• Suspenders Over or Under knickers

Dick Dastardly [sign in to see picture]

No Knickers!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

As I understand it, knickers were originally designed as a "base" undergarment - they go next to the skin and protect your more delicate areas from *ahem* chafing throughout the day. Stockings go on next, with the straps free to move over the knickers. But that assumes you're getting dressed to *stay* dressed.

Now, and with more and more underwear designed for show, and for undressing in stages, I think it's pretty much impossible to put the suspenders on last.

Hold-ups or garters solve this problem, being more versatile. But I think the aesthetic of thin straps over the thighs is a big part of the appeal of stockings in the first place (or is it just me?), so I'd say "dress to undress" - get dressed in your outfit to the bare minimum you want your OH to see you in (or the last stage before you strip completely!), then add anything else over the top. Can't go wrong!

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Just do what feels right, or looks better, or is more practical for YOU! Who cares about the "right" way to do it?!

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

lickmadick wrote:

over nickers, but the knickers should be crotchles one's for easy entry

never thought of wearing crotchless ones over suspenders I think its a great idea I may have to try it out.

Postillionager [sign in to see picture]

Am reliably informed that knickers can and ought to be worn over the suspenders in order to go to the loo more easily. This arrangement also means that the knickers can be easily removed completely, leaving the suspenders in situ, for other purposes.

ju [sign in to see picture]

i usually wear my knickers over the suspenders. doesn't always look right with the strings you get in most sets so often i choose some others i really like. even crotchless knickers- just feels more comfy & makes things easier.  

dreamy [sign in to see picture]

In my opinion these are the options... no knickers or crotchless (I love crotchless!) but if knickers are essential always over as its too much hassle otherwise! :D

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

I wear stockings most days and wear my knickers over my suspenders..the faff of going to the loo with them under suspenders is a nightmare..But in the bedroom I wear them under as my OH loves me wearing underwear that ties on the side so he can undo them.

play_with_fire [sign in to see picture]

Great question for a thread - I have always wondered this!

Think I have to agree with what most people have said - suspenders over knickers LOOKS great and it's what i'd do on my own, but if having sex in them then might be worth trying the other way round!!

As much as I love them - design flaw perhaps?!

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

My wife insists that knickers must go over the top of suspenders for ease of removal.  I'm not going to argue with that, even though she was probably thinking about visits to the lavatory when she made that comment. 

Abigail911 wrote:

I am just surprised the pictures of the models are all wearing susupenders over knickers

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Those pictures are to sell products tho so they will want to show as much of the suspender belt as possible, and obviously they have to wear knickers to be allowed to have the pics online....

That's my understanding as well: in this special case (and perhaps in some bedroom-only scenarios), aesthetics trump practicalities.

DaveS [sign in to see picture]

There's no correct way, but it is more convenient to wear them under knickers. If you wear loose undies such as traditional French knickers, then you'll probably wear them under anyway.

Didistar [sign in to see picture]

Im just going to go with crotchless under!! LOL x

innocent-on-the-outside [sign in to see picture]

suspenders under knickers, unless i'm only wearing them for a short time. i do think they do look best  with the knickers under though.

DrtyBoy [sign in to see picture]

innocent on the outside, cant agree more... knickers under is sexiest.

Juan [sign in to see picture]

I've never seen anyone wearing knickers over suspenders, I'd imagine it would feel kinda cumbersome and awkward, sort of restricting movement in between suspeder belt and stocking.    Maybe knickers with suspenders attached would sort of be a half way house like this  http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20248 or crotchless type  http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20462

Im a fan of my OH in suspenders and crotchless knickers, so that works well  

DrtyBoy [sign in to see picture]

hehe crotchless are sexy as hell, Xmas pressie for the OH here we come!

DaveS [sign in to see picture]

Juan wrote:

I've never seen anyone wearing knickers over suspenders, I'd imagine it would feel kinda cumbersome and awkward, sort of restricting movement in between suspeder belt and stocking.    Maybe knickers with suspenders attached would sort of be a half way house like this  http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20248 or crotchless type  http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20462

Im a fan of my OH in suspenders and crotchless knickers, so that works well  

There are plenty who wear knickers over suspenders. I doesn't really obstruct movement. I find the straps on suspender knickers to be too long. Crotchless knickers would certainly work well during sex, but perhaps not for the entire day (you will probably need to undo the suspender straps every time you went to the loo).

cutedayna [sign in to see picture]

i dont know if there is a correct way we should all wear our suspenders, but personally like you i wear mine under my knickers, if im wearing knickers 

RMBelle [sign in to see picture]

I'm in team knickers over!

Sabrina Sometimes [sign in to see picture]

Suspenders beneath my panties for me and has to be the correct way otherwise how the hell are you supposed to remove them ? xXx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.