• Ask the Expert: All Things Lingerie

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]

Hi slinky binky, 

Thanks for your question. It really depend which parts of your body you want to show off, but if you're looking for items that come below your bum, sexy nightwear such as babydolls, robes, and chemises are your best bet.

Much of our own-brand Lovehoney Lingerie tends to skim just below your bottom, but for something an inch or two little longer, there are a couple of Escante babydolls that I really love, such as this one  and this one. They're really soft and great for accentuating your bust, while skimming over your hips and midriff.

Hope that's some help! 

Thanks, 

Sammi

Northseaguy [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

Hi Alicia4Ever,

For some reason that our Tech team is trying to figure out, the sizing on the white Beyonce has come out a bit squiffy on the options and we're not too sure why, but hopefully that should be fixed soon.

In terms of the sizing, the size 44 comes from the sizing we've got from the supplier (which, admittedly, is a little confusing), but for an easy breakdown:

32 (or XS) = UK 6-8
    34 (or S) = UK 8-10
    36 (or M) = UK 10-12
    38 (or L) = UK 12-14
    40 (1X) = UK 14-16
    42 (2X) = UK 16-18

We've also found that with the black Beyonce corset, the sizing tends to run a little smaller than the Dreamgirl size chart because there's not much give in the fabric. For this reason, we sized the options down to make sure the fit was as true as possible.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks,

Sammi

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

Hi Alicia4Ever,

For some reason that our Tech team is trying to figure out, the sizing on the white Beyonce has come out a bit squiffy on the options and we're not too sure why, but hopefully that should be fixed soon.

In terms of the sizing, the size 44 comes from the sizing we've got from the supplier (which, admittedly, is a little confusing), but for an easy breakdown:

32 (or XS) = UK 6-8
    34 (or S) = UK 8-10
    36 (or M) = UK 10-12
    38 (or L) = UK 12-14
    40 (1X) = UK 14-16
    42 (2X) = UK 16-18

We've also found that with the black Beyonce corset, the sizing tends to run a little smaller than the Dreamgirl size chart because there's not much give in the fabric. For this reason, we sized the options down to make sure the fit was as true as possible.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks,

Sammi

Hi Sammi my OH is size 18 and 40F should I go fir the 3 or 4xl?

Hi Northseaguy, 

I think the 3X would probably be the best fit for your partner, in this instance. 

Thanks!

Sammi

Fentiger [sign in to see picture]

Just seen you adding to the LHM range are you gonna be adding new thongs

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Any new styles of flirty knickers coming or soon? As some of the original flirty knickers are being discontinued. Also any new colours ? Love the new teal colour

Hi Fentiger, 

This time round, it's just the new boxers, but I can see that you're quite keen on the thongs! We're always looking to add to our Lovehoney underwear collections, however, so do add any requests in the Suggestions thread. 

Thanks!

Sammi

Hi honeybun91, 

The Flirty family is growing all the time, so do keep your eyes peeled! 

Thanks, 

Sammi

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

The new boxers look great as well

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi. Is the black Beyoncé corset available in smaller sizes?

Hi bondagegod, 

It is! It's available from a size 6-8 to a size 12-14 in the base sizes, which can be found here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30232

Thanks, 

Sammi

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Thanks sammi ive never realised it was available in smaller sizes. We own it in the 14-16 but now is getting a bit big as my wife has lost a lot of weight on her diet. We love the corset so much.

Lil_MissNaughty [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi,

I've been looking at various bras on here but I'm not sure which size to order? I seem to cross between the medium and large range on your size charts.

I'm usually a 34DD when buying from high street shops, and a dress size 14.

I'd like to get some sexy 'bedroom' undies so don't mind of the cup is smaller.

Cheers

Hi Lil_MissNaughty, 

Just to check, is this specifically the Lovehoney Lingerie you're looking at, or another brand?

If it's Lovehoney, I think the best size would be the Large, as I'm a similar size to you (12/14 and 36DD) and I find this to be the comfiest of the sizes, particularly in the more fitted lingerie. Because most of our lingerie is so stretchy and much of it has the adjustable straps at the back, it gives great flexibility between the sizes and means it shouldn't be baggy or loose.

Hope that's been some help!

Thanks, 

Sammi

Lil_MissNaughty [sign in to see picture]

Yes it is the gorgeous Lovehoney lingerie I'm looking at.

I'll try the Large size and see how it fits. Just got to decide what to go for now....so many pretty things to choose from, it might take a while!

Many thanks for your help.

Candysnatch [sign in to see picture]

Absolutely love the new ranges of lingerie particularly the plus sized ones. Is there any chance of making your plus sized stockings sized?

Hi Candysnatch, 

Thanks for your question, and I'm glad you're loving the lingerie! At the moment, we're only able to make one-size for both the base and plus stockings, but if you are looking for more specific sizing, I can definitely recommend Kix'ies hold-ups as they're sized by height and leg rather than dress sizE. 

Thanks, 

Sammi

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Will this be coming in plus size?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36917

I really hope so xxxx

Hi lovingnewtoys, 

Thanks for your question. It's not due to be brought in in the plus size at the moment, but if it sells well, we'll definitely be looking into it. 

Thanks, 

Sammi

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi Cole, two questions:

1. Where would I find a precise size chart - the sort that is used by clothing manufacturers and is not limited to breast/waist/hips but includes ehight, weight, arm length, inseam, thigh length, upper arm circumference etc. I came across one while I worked in a fashion agency, but that was 20 years ago and in Germany... Everything Google finds me is completely useless :(

2. Is there a "national shape" to breasts? Because there is for bodies in general - I have accepted that I won't find a blouse that fits me among blouses produced for French women (my shoulders are too wide). English blouses fit perfectly... Which makes it even more difficult to understand why I haven't managed to find a single perfect, breast-enhancing (underwire) bra (or bra-covering item of lingerie) on Lovehoney - at best they are "well, okay, let's keep it" (instead of "wow, that is me?! Where's the photographer?"). My shape is not problematic per se - I can buy well-fitting, good looking bras in my favourit discount shop between the veggies and the cheese for 5 Euros (so it's not only a case of "you get what you pay for" either) or spectacular ones in lingerie shops for 10 to 20 times that much - but Lovehoney lets me down! Is it possible that I am just not the right shape to fit into bras made for the UK market?

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Can i ask when this might be in stock please i so need this in my life in plus size 22-24
    Plus Size Hooded Sexy Santa Dress with Belt

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.