• Ask the Expert: All Things Lingerie

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]

Hi slinky binky,

Glad that was helpful! Tightening the straps too much can be a big factor in slippage, and can also be quite uncomfortable - as a guideline, you should be able to comfortably run two fingers under both sides of the bra for the best fit. Support is definitely the best way!

Thanks, 

Sammi

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

Hi sugarboobies2232 and glittergirl,

thank you for replay it does seem plus size is not on as muchi click onto email daily so would be good if there was some way of combing same items in either size for deal of day purpose as effectively same item ?

Thanks for your question. It essentially comes down to our tech set-up at the moment. Because we list the plus and base sizes as two separate products and we can only ever have one product as ‘Deal of the Day’ at any one time, we have to pick one or the other when it comes to creating the deal. Over the course of the year, we try to make sure that this balances out so that both varieties are on offer at some point, but I can understand your frustration with this - I can assure you it’s nothing to do with ‘size discrimination’, it’s just a weird quirk of our website, unfortunately!

Hope that’s some help!

Thanks,

Sammi

RvanDoor [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi,

Thanks, I'll check if I can find something suitable...

Talk to you soon

RvanDoor

Bexy [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

Hi Bexy,

I agree that 6-straps are much better for lasting hold throughout the day, especially having experienced a snapping plastic 4-strap in the past!

I'll pass the request onto our buying team to keep in mind for the future, though.

Thanks,

Sammi

Oh no 😱😳 Hope it wasn't too embarrassing Sammi and in front of employers, family members or some sort of religious leader! 😂 I've never had one break but I did risk wearing a bodysuit which had plastic clasps to a wedding once. The bride's father got a great view when he walked around what I thought was a quiet corner outside to find me reattaching my finery with my leg perched up on a bench! Oops!

amber_angel [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi

Have a couple questions.

The first is an issue that has been plaguing myself, a couple friends I have, and no doubt women since panties were invented.

That is the "bleaching" in the crotch.

I know the explanation, we all have different PH levels in the secretions.

What I want to know, is besides liners and the like, has there been ANY progress in coming up with something to prevent those damn crotch lightening?

Any fabric treatment? well safe treatment, obviously I don't want to spray my panties with ArmorAll or something like that.

Second thing is

Panty crust.

You know what I mean.

After a night out dancing, petting, etc, you get home, the last thing you are thinking of is throwing your fine sexy lacy thongs in to soak..

Maybe you make it to the bedroom, maybe you don't get past the living room couch.

But, in the morning there is that $30 panty so stiff it can stand up on its own.

What are some tips for getting it all clean with the least amount of wear and tear that shortens its life?

amber

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your questions. In terms of the lightening, it is quite common, particularly in darker-dyed items due to the dyeing process and the natural reaction with the body's acidity. To the best of my knowledge there aren't currently any fabric treatments on the market specifically to prevent this, unfortunately, but avoiding man-made fibres in favour of natural materials like cotton can allow your skin to breathe more easily and better regulate your intimate pH. 

The best way to get your lingerie to last as long as possible is to handwash it in cool water using lingerie detergent or baby shampoo, as the elastic fibres will last longer. Washing them on a high heat in the machine will cause more damage and shorten their life, plus some detergents can also affect the acidity of your vagina so you may find that delicate handwashing using body-friendly soaps could help with the bleaching effect. For more information on lingerie care, take a look at our guide: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/buyers-guide/lingerie-care-guide/

Alternatively, for those hot and heavy nights, crotchless underwear could be a good option, too.

Hope that helps!

Sammi

Lovehoney - Rebecca [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi

Do you happen to have any tips and tricks for making small breasts look fuller other than the obvious of wearing a bra with a ton of padding?

Thanks!

Hi Rebecca!

Thanks for your question.

If you're looking to get a fuller shape out of clothes, such as in the bedroom, there are lots of tricks you can use to create the illusion of a fuller bust. One is to choose a bra with ruffles along the neckline, as this adds volume to your bust; another is to choose a halterneck or racer-back bra which will pull your boobs up and together for a deeper cleavage effect. Longline bras are great too, because most of the support from a bra comes from the underbust band, meaning you get greater lift from underneath for a more natural-looking shape. 

Structured lingerie such as a corset or a basque is perfect for making your bust look bigger, too, as it draws you in at the waist, which makes your boobs look fuller in comparison. Any lingerie that features a band or belt around the waist will do the same.

I'd also avoid bralettes, as although they are super-comfy, they tend to accentuate your natural shape and don't offer much in the way of support or boost. 

Beneath clothes is slightly tricker as we often want a smoother shape (rather than big ruffles sitting under a T-shirt making our silhouette look weird), but neckline has a big impact on how your boobs look. Rather than going for a lower-cut neckline such as a plunge or scoop, look for something higher, as this will give the illusion of a bigger bust beneath your clothes. Detailing at the neckline or a big statement necklace will also draw the eye upwards. 

There are also lots of great videos and how-to guides out there for basically contouring your cleavage using make-up, which is perfect if you are wearing something low-cut but don't want a bra full of chicken fillets! Try brushing a little bronzer between your breasts, and use a highlighter across the fullest part of your cleavage for a more rounded look. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks, 

Sammi

Emzilou [sign in to see picture]

Hi

I am also a plus size girl size 16/18 and i struggle to find something that makes me look nice. I have had a baby and my body is not the same. How ever im looking for something that covers my body and i can feel sexy again! Any ideas on what would look best?

Thank you

Xx

Hi Emzilou, 

Thanks for your question, and congratulations! It really depends on the areas you'd rather not show and those you wouldn't, but post-pregnancy, a lot of women prefer to disguise their tummies but support their breasts.

A great choice for this is a halterneck babydoll with wide triangle cups (such as this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33699) as it will skim your middle, but the halterneck will help to support your bust as well as showing off your cleavage for added sex appeal. Alternatively, babydolls with underwired cups (like this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35894) give a good shape, too.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, 

Sammi

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

hi sammi are you going to stock different colours of the flaunt me floral lace balconette bra or any other type of balcony/balconette bra in plus size as this bra is so uber sexy and what more in diff colours

sir.nick [sign in to see picture]

Is there any item that has ever had zero sales?

DahliaRose [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi.

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this (I skimmed through the comments) but is there any chance that lovehoney will start stocking a larger range of sizes with their bras. As a 34F I often find it difficult to find nice bras and it is frustrating when I see a really nice design that isn't even close to my size. I wouldn't go as far as say it's discrimination against large breasted females but it is an issue that does bring me down a lot

Hi rach74,

Thanks for your question. At the moment, we're not planning to launch any recolours of the Flaunt Me bra, but we're always looking for new products so I'll pass your request for more balconettes onto our buying team.

Thanks!

Sammi

Hi sir.nick, 

Thanks for your question. Not to the best of my knowledge! Obviously, some items sell better than others, but we've never had a total dud that hasn't sold anything :)

Thanks, 

Sammi

Hi DahliaRose, 

Thanks for your question. In the past, we have tried stocking bras in larger cup sizes, but unfortunately the number of sales were very low, and being an ever-expanding business with increasingly limited space, we have to stock items which we know will sell and justify their space.

We do always try to be as inclusive as we can, which is why in our own-brand lingerie we try to make it as adjustable as possible with the slider fastening, stretch fabrics, and adjustable padding, but of course we appreciate this can only go so far. 

I will pass your comments onto our buyers, however, so that they are aware for future stock. 

Thanks,

Sammi

bex1213 [sign in to see picture]

Hey Sammi!

Quick question, I need a lingerie bag to wash my bras in without getting tangled, frayed, etc. I know a lot of competing companies have them but I can't find one at LH. At a push, can I use the black lace lingerie bags for this purpose or would this not be recommended?

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

bex1213 wrote:

Hey Sammi!

Quick question, I need a lingerie bag to wash my bras in without getting tangled, frayed, etc. I know a lot of competing companies have them but I can't find one at LH. At a push, can I use the black lace lingerie bags for this purpose or would this not be recommended?

I know Im a man but ..... until LH do sell one cant you put them in a sock lol ;) save you fraying it at least :)

Hi bex1213, 

Thanks for your question! I have brought up the fact that we need to stock lingerie bags with our buyers fairly recently, so hopefully you'll see them on the website soon!

I would advise against washing your lingerie in the lace lingerie gift bags, because the bags contain spandex which can be damaged by machine washing. It's best to wash your delicate lingerie in a pillowcase on a low temperature, because it will help to protect the fibres. Just make sure that any hook-and-eyes are fastened first!

Thanks, 

Sammi

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi, I'm looking for some sexy lingere which comes down to a few inches below the bum. Please can you recommend some lovely stuff please? Thank you.

I'm a 5'5, side 10-12 and am really looking to accentuate the possitives. Pretty please with a cherry 0n top will you help with some sexy lingere that are a couple of incees below the butt.

Thanks Danni 😙💟xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.