• Confidence!?!

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

It's true confidence comes from your mindset. It's not about a body size it's about attitude. As some of you probably know by now I have been all sizes from a 20 to a 6. (Now a 6-8). I have lost confidence recently due to injury and not being able to work. (Resulting in job loss) so I've lost part of myself, which has nothing to do with my weight. I was more confident when I was bigger compared to a few weeks ago. It was just a case of putting on my big girl panties, accepting what has happened and knowing only I could make a difference to my confidence issues. Making more effort in my appearance, smiling (even if I wasn't smiling inside). I started to believe it and my confidence is much much better. Hubby is more attentive too 😊

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Smiling does play a part. A person with a smile or happy looking face will get noticed more than say someone with a sad face. A smiling face is also infectious which also helps and is statement of confidence .Body sizes or shape for me don,t come play a part as such apart from losing weight in my case from 18st 6 to 12st 6 does gave me plenty to smile about of which others have noticed.

My problem is not to much lack of confidence as I have lots is probably my deep rooted shyness.whilst in a way I still like being admired or looked at by others it still makes me feel a bit nervous and uneasy .

Shyness and lack of confidence do have similar traits IMO but totally differnt things .

Modo [sign in to see picture]

Hello This is Mrs Modo. I am hoping someone else feels the same as me or can give me advice. I have a highly sexed Mr Modo and I am definately not the same since coming through the menopause. The mind is willing and then half an hour later the mood goes. Mr Modo says we should both have fun and not just him but to be honest I am not bothered about me and haven't been for some time. I know it disapoints him and he feels sad for me but I can't help the way I feel.

Any thoughts or advice would be really appreciated.

Oh dear I feel sorry for you. I haven't got where you are yet but I'm definitely peri menopausal but that seems to have given me a higher drive.
    The only thing I can suggest is that you get yours first as soon as you're in the mood even if it is a bit of solo play. Is it physical as well or is it just mentally? Or a bit of both? From what you've said I'm thinking it's probably mentally. I had a conversation with my mum about this not so long ago and she said at the beginning you feel a bit less of a woman but then that passes and you rejoice in the fact that pregnancy is no longer a concern and the horrid time of the month. If it doesn't improve over time though it might be worth a visit to your doctor or well woman clinic as they could probably help get your libido back. I know physically it can cause dryness down there and the tissue becomes thinner so you are more susceptible to soreness so make sure you always use lube. In the meantime enjoy lots of kisses and cuddles so you both get the intimacy. I suppose you've already thought of this but wear something that makes you feel sexy, get a new hairdo, perfume to give you the feel good factor as that will help with your mood.
    I can't think of anything else right now but I hope it gets better for you. 😘 The men have it easy don't they lol

Yes you are right Mysteron shyness and confidence are two separate things. I am confident but I can be painfully shy particularly around unfamiliar people or circumstances. I try and disguise my shyness with confidence then but it doesn't always work especially if I am around dominating people. I am very lady like though and naturally submissive but I can still walk into somewhere new with my head held high. So yes I know what you mean 😊

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

Oh dear I feel sorry for you. I haven't got where you are yet but I'm definitely peri menopausal but that seems to have given me a higher drive.
    The only thing I can suggest is that you get yours first as soon as you're in the mood even if it is a bit of solo play. Is it physical as well or is it just mentally? Or a bit of both? From what you've said I'm thinking it's probably mentally. I had a conversation with my mum about this not so long ago and she said at the beginning you feel a bit less of a woman but then that passes and you rejoice in the fact that pregnancy is no longer a concern and the horrid time of the month. If it doesn't improve over time though it might be worth a visit to your doctor or well woman clinic as they could probably help get your libido back. I know physically it can cause dryness down there and the tissue becomes thinner so you are more susceptible to soreness so make sure you always use lube. In the meantime enjoy lots of kisses and cuddles so you both get the intimacy. I suppose you've already thought of this but wear something that makes you feel sexy, get a new hairdo, perfume to give you the feel good factor as that will help with your mood.
    I can't think of anything else right now but I hope it gets better for you. 😘 The men have it easy don't they lol

Hello thank you for your reply. yes it is mental, it has made me feel less attractive as the hormones have contributed to me putting on weight round my middle. I actually had a chat with a close friend today and I think it has helped as I am going to try very hard to motivate myself to do more exercise and will persevere with my healthy eating diet. I will try wearing something sexy as Mr Modo has bought me a lot recently. I am trying to tell myself that if he finds me sexy why should I have doubts. Men certainly do have it easy! Bless them!

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Modo wrote:

Hello thank you for your reply. yes it is mental, it has made me feel less attractive as the hormones have contributed to me putting on weight round my middle. I actually had a chat with a close friend today and I think it has helped as I am going to try very hard to motivate myself to do more exercise and will persevere with my healthy eating diet. I will try wearing something sexy as Mr Modo has bought me a lot recently. I am trying to tell myself that if he finds me sexy why should I have doubts. Men certainly do have it easy! Bless them!

Well not quite . Men also have confidence problems as well but obviously not linked to the change as thats a woman problem but E D which is a man problem can also play its part in denting a guys comfidence in the bedroom.

In my opinion both sexes can have confidence problems but perhaps linked to different things

I am glad talking about it has helped you and very much welcome your suggestion about eating healthily and more E xcercise. Why not join us on the Get It Off Support Thread ?

mysteron wrote:

Modo wrote:

Well not quite . Men also have confidence problems as well but obviously not linked to the change as thats a woman problem but E D which is a man problem can also play its part in denting a guys comfidence in the bedroom.

In my opinion both sexes can have confidence problems but perhaps linked to different things

I am glad talking about it has helped you and very much welcome your suggestion about eating healthily and more E xcercise. Why not join us on the Get It Off Support Thread ?

Yes sometimes us women do forget that men have their issues too. I think the menopause is so all consuming we forget to think outside the box. ED must be quite hard to deal with and as in my case needs both partners to be patient, sympathetic and understanding. If my husband was not understanding with me I would be struggling even more.

As for healthy eating, I am on a low fat, low sugar diet. I did think this would make me crave certain foods but this is not the case. I may well join the support thread...thank you. I appear to be taking over Mr Modos postings.:)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.