• Suspenders and stockings on a short curvy frame?

petite_busty_beaut [sign in to see picture]

Hi everyone

So i bought this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32468 and surprised my OH with it, thought it was a cheap safe option. but ive always liked the idea of suspenders, so was thinking of stepping it up a notch. maybe buying these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30984 .

Only issue is that im 5ft and very curvy. 130bl size 12 arse and a 32f bust. Im worried that the suspenders will make me look shorter and dumpier than i am which obviously is not the look im going for. Also being short there are loads of stockings out there on average height women that reach just over the knee but on me its basically coving my whole thigh!!. Also worried that the suspender straps although adjustable wont be short enough to hold stockings in place.

If anyone is a similar body type to me with advice on suspenders and stockings please help!!

myghost [sign in to see picture]

I think you'll find the suspender straps on those knickers too long i have http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32061 i'm a little shorter than you are and find the straps at their shortest come most of the way down my thigh regular stockings will be too long you may be able to get away with over the knee stockings

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

Hey, I'm short too (5'2) and I love love love your choice http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30984, when completely fastened the length of the straps for me is as you see it on the model.

For stockings, I bought these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21305 specifically, because I read in the reviews people were complaining about them being short :D. And they are perfect length!

Another pair I really like is http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30685 . They are super comfy, and the lace tops are sooo beautiful!

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

The one thing I would add to this is to be careful if you buy knickers of any description with suspenders attached. There was recent thread on here about how the knickers fall or are pulled down by the stockings and I too have this issue. Even if you buy knickers that are quite close fitting the same thing seems to happen.

The general opinion was that separate suspender belt and stockings works much better. I have several pairs of stockings from LH and have never had a problem with fit or quality and they seem to give the illusion of longer legs if you wear them fairly low on the leg.

oooo thanks guys love the choice of products will defo read up some more reviews and give them a try. :)

Terri JJ i saw the exact thread your talking about too and was debating trying out a suspender belt. Only thing is im new to this scene and dont know if the suspender belt would look good on me. so i thought if these do fall down a bit like they said on the other thread and i do like the suspnder look then at least i can buy the belt once i know i like the look. if me and my OH arent feeling it then at least i have a cute pair of crotchless knickers :)

also i have a bit of a tummy so was worried about a suspender belt cutting in and giving me a muffin top and just generally not sexy and again worried about the straps being too long. Anyone got any experience with suspender belts on a short curvy frame?

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

We tried a lacy skirt with suspenders from LH recently and it is very flattering for the tummy. Not sure it would go with the dress but looks great. I reviewed it as we both found it sexy.

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

I cant speak for all the love honey items, but all the suspender belts ive ever owned have adjustable straps and most of them have the ability to put the clip right where the belt is.

the problem is that for "the look" you need a decent length of suspender strip before the top of the stockings. I would suggest shopping for stockings designed for shorter legs (they do exist but probably need to read the sizings carefully!) and maybe consider wearing the suspender belt higher.

traditionally the suspender belts were worn above the hips i believe, but now a lot of them are worn lower down on the hips. If you get one that comfortably fits above your hips it will give you a bit of extra length.

Yeah i am really worried about the stockings, think my legs are like 28inch or something like that and im a size 2 foot, so really concerned about getting stockings that would fit and not come right the way up my thigh. Also because of my small foot im concerned that the heel of the stocking might end up halfway up my calf :P not sexy at all. i'm such a weird shape makes shopping for sexy clothes a reall pain in the arse.

Not really looking for anything to go with the dress, if i can find suspenders and stockings that fit me once i know my OH is into that look ill probably just go topless. only issue is do they make these products in tiny human size?

quite concerned about buying the one size fits all stocking thanks PurpleHeart for the stocking suggestions the reviews do seem to suggest that they come up short, but is it short enough?

dun dun dun! and has anyone used suspender belts during sex. I'm thinking if they are tight enough to hold me in and flatter curvs would they cut in during rough play, or worse catch on my belly bar, ouchie!

I haven't worn them in a while, but I remember they were perfect length. I'll put them on when I get back from work and let you know exactly how they fit :).

VCh [sign in to see picture]

I don't know about the belly bar, that does sound painful if it happens and if the belt is lace i suspect there is a risk there :S I don't have a belly bar but have had sex with suspenders on and it got pretty rough with no problems. My boyfriend loved it and has asked me to wear them during sex multiple times and it was definitely a turn on for me too :)

About the straps being too long, the only thing i can think of to suggest is perhaps investing in a suspender belt that is worn higher on the waist area rather than around the hips perhaps that would take care of the straps being too long :)

And if you are worried of the suspenders making tou look less tall then i would suggest a nice set of high heels :) if the stockings and the heels are the same color (black for example), the it would create the illusion of longer legs :) I would stay away from booties or boots though as they can actually make legs look shorter

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

I wear them during sex. Put the suspenders and stockings on first then your underwear. Makes life much easier!

ive never had a problem wearing it during sex, but the belly bar might be an issue. I used to have mine peirced but it worked its way out and was painful so i took it out. Now i have a permanent scar! I did think about getting it redone but didnt bother as it would be to restrictive now im into sexy outfits and awkward positions!

Yeah im pretty sure heels are the way to go when wearing suspenders and stockings to give me the extra height, just dont want to buy and return loads of suspenders and stockings to find ones that flatter me. think it would be really off putting and just make me want to give up on the idea :/

either way i think ill give the underwear with removable straps and hold ups a go before i go on an epic suspender belt adventure. Thanks for the ideas everyone if anyone has anything else to add or new ideas please help :D

Miss Stripes [sign in to see picture]

Ive been wearing these with my suspender belts and underwear as they fit better than any of my stockings. They aren't too long or too short.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31663

Hi, I put them on again this morning. Completely stretched they come up to about 3/5th of my thighs. This is great as the standard ones I can stretch all the way up and more, short people problems lol! Also no heel on this pair - no worries of it showing :)).
    I hope you find something that makes you feel amazing in it, let us know when you do!

Ok so i braved it and ended up getting these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30984 and these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31663. The reviews mentioned on the suspender belt that it goes quite short and the model in the picture is 5,3.

As for the stockings i thought from the discussions on here i thought it would be best to get hold ups just incase the underwear does fall down, not sexy. The stockings i went for like your Purple heart have no heel so good for a small foot and one review said that they are made for 5-5,4ft ladies :D

So it took a while but i think i've done it. they should arrive tomorrow so ill let you all know how it goes with reviews to follow :) thanks everyone for your help

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.