• Corset for size 16

Iwish [sign in to see picture]

Hi I am thinking of buying my wife a corset and just looking for recommendations she is a size 16 with a bit of a mummy tummy,are there any that fasten at the front because I know she won't want to tie the laces at the back.TIA.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Iwish,

I have a couple of corsets and I really love them! The lacing is tricky and It would be much easier if you can do it for her initially, then once you have found a tightness she is happy with you can undo it at the front to put it on and remove it. You would only need to re-tighten once you get very comfortable with the tightness and want to increase it, or if the corset loosens at all. I have picked out some highly reviewed corsets that have front openings as well as the lacing at the back, so she wouldn't have to unlace them every time she removed it.

On the Lovehoney Classic corsets, there is a video under the pictures on the left side, where the lovely Jess explains how to measure yourself for and how to wear a corset. Hope this helps :) x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31084

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25499

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25503

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31784

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29306

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Woz [sign in to see picture]

We have a bunch of proper steel boned corsets and in my opinion if you can refasten them without touching the lacing, you're not using them right. The lacing needs to be tighter at some points than others for a proper hour glass shape and it will move when you take it off.
    There are YouTube vids of how to diy it but I always help my OH.

I would also advise a fitting if you can don't anywhere that will do it for you. We had a bit of trial and error finding the perfect waist size and length (length is quite important - if it's too long, when you sit down your tits will hit your chin!).

They look AMAZING on and give her a fantastic shape but we don't use them for sex as they are a bit too restrictive!

lillymunstergirl [sign in to see picture]

If it is the first corset she's had it would make sense to go for a plastic boned corset -- These give a little support to shape and give a feeling of support. These can often be bought with zips (at the front, back or sides) or front lacing. They're often sold in dress sizes so that would make buying one easier for you!

The downsides to plastic boned corsets IMO are that they often bend out of shape so, after a few times on, they often stick out around the tummy if you've been sat down in them etc.

The best corsets IMO are steel boned ones. These can be quite restricting if laced tightly and are sometimes dificult to get used to but oger an AMAZING hourglass shape and a lovely supported feeling. You need a waist measurement (size conversion charts will tell you what a size 16 waist is in inches) but remember to order a size that is a few inches SMALLER than her waist measurement (because the corset will pull her waist smaller)

I agree with "Woz" above though -- if you're buying a corset that you want to shape and support her it is going to have to be a steel boned one which usually ALL have lacing at the back I'm afraid.

I'd recomment checking out "corsets uk" for reasonably priced and well made versions of both. Good luck! :-)

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

Erm Scorpius that first link opens a sex sing

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31084

hehe.

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

On a side note My o/h treated me to the last corset for christmas and it looks and feels amazing.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Woz wrote:

We have a bunch of proper steel boned corsets and in my opinion if you can refasten them without touching the lacing, you're not using them right. The lacing needs to be tighter at some points than others for a proper hour glass shape and it will move when you take it off.
    There are YouTube vids of how to diy it but I always help my OH.

I would also advise a fitting if you can don't anywhere that will do it for you. We had a bit of trial and error finding the perfect waist size and length (length is quite important - if it's too long, when you sit down your tits will hit your chin!).

They look AMAZING on and give her a fantastic shape but we don't use them for sex as they are a bit too restrictive!

I would go a bit further than saying you're not using them right, you're potentially going to cause damage to either the corset or her. You can snap the boning doing this, corsets are not designed to be unfastened before the lacing is undone. You can also rip the clasps from the front, warp the whole corset etc etc. Not a good idea!

It's actually very easy to lace yourself into a corset if you have the laces on correctly. Look up 'self lacing' on youtube or such and you'll see what I mean. You can also find videos telling you how to lace the corset to have the 'bunny ears' that tie at the waist of the corset rather than have it tie at the bottom. If she isn't going to want to tie laces, a corset may not be the best choice of lingerie for her! Check out the selection of basques on here which can give you a similiar look just minus the boning (usually), lacing and general restrictiveness.

It's also worth noting that buying a corset with plastic bones, or indeed no boning usually doesn't look great on mummy tummy. You really need the steel bones to add support, or it kind of bunches and rolls and makes you feel the opposite of sexy. Not to mention it doesn't reduce your waist or hold in your tummy at all. Trust me, I have been there.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.