• Anklets/ Ankle chains

KeptLocked [sign in to see picture]

With the rise in popularity of cuckolding and male chastity in the fetish communities so has the popularity of 'message' anklets such as HW , BBC or QoS.

I'm yet to see any whilst out & about though - anyone spotted one?

chisnewman [sign in to see picture]

I make and sell handmade jewellery including anklets. If you want to check them out visit my facebook page and send me a message.
    [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

VR [sign in to see picture]

Wow - I had no idea. I've always worn mine in the summer with a toe ring and painted nails because it looked pretty and summery. No wonder my mum used to pull the Marge Simpson hmmm face!

Don't know if I could be bothered to wear with tights/stockings in case they catch.

Tinny888 [sign in to see picture]

I seem to get a new anklet every time I go to the craft markets. Usually in leather or woven thread. But I love the ones with the little tinkling bells :)
    It would be awesome to get a sterling silver one so it doesn't tarnish as quickly as the silver plated ones :)

Tinny888 [sign in to see picture]

I agree with VR... i never knew there was any meaning behind them. I wear mine on the left cause I'm left handed and always pick the left.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I have a few. I love them but I only tend to wear them when the weather is warm as I find they can be a bit uncomfy under socks, stockings etc. My favourite is a purple/ pink beaded one which my OH bought me a few years ago on holiday. I think they look very sexy, particularly with foot/ankle tattoos. However they don't look good if you don't take care of your skin/feet. A pretty anklet on an ankle which is mostly dry skin just draws the eye to it, so I always make sure I'm nicely moisturised, my toenails are painted and my feet are nice and smooth x

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

My Mum used to tell me not to wear anklets when I a teen because it was the sign of a prostitute, and this was coming from a very non-traditional Mum (she has purple and pink hair) so I can quite imagine that more uptight people who love a good stigma would assume the same thing, but worse. But who cares, right?

I actually think they can look amazing, and I love beaded, braided or boho / Indian inspired designs, but am not personally a fan of a thin metal (gold or silver) chain. I reeeeaaally dislike seeing anklets under tights/stockings. I dislike the way they bunch up under the material and look all squiggly. For me its on a similar plane to socks with sandals, tights with ope toe heels and white socks under a dark suit. I'm a stickler for those things!

For me, I only wear leg jewellery (anklets / toe rings etc) in summer when I can have the bare feet / legs to show them off. The rest of the time I'm wrapped in snuggly socks and tights. 

[suspended user]

suspended user

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

... I reeeeaaally dislike seeing anklets under tights/stockings. I dislike the way they bunch up under the material and look all squiggly. For me its on a similar plane to socks with sandals, tights with ope toe heels and white socks under a dark suit. I'm a stickler for those things! ...

Lol, I definitely agree with everything else but the anklet under stockings part. When I used to wear mine, for me it was part of who I am (I did not know it had other meanings than body jewelry and used it on my left leg...) just as my many earrings (in both my ears) were. They were all sterling silver and never came off, not for showers and not for seasonal needs such as stockings or socks (I did try putting them over the stockings once, but felt wrong). But my anklet wasn't "squiggly" (new English word learnt today :) ) as it was pretty tight fitting and just a simple silver chain around with nothing hanging from it. I'm not going to argue they look the best or the most elegant, but I much preferred having them on always as they really were part of my personality.

I am now a "wiser old lady" (NOT!), do not wear jewelry at all most times, but I did buy a very pretty hand made anklet on a beach in the Carribean a few years ago made of coloured pearls... which I never worn! This thread made me miss them though, so they might just come out of the jewelry box this summer.

era wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

... I reeeeaaally dislike seeing anklets under tights/stockings. I dislike the way they bunch up under the material and look all squiggly. For me its on a similar plane to socks with sandals, tights with ope toe heels and white socks under a dark suit. I'm a stickler for those things! ...

Lol, I definitely agree with everything else but the anklet under stockings part. When I used to wear mine, for me it was part of who I am (I did not know it had other meanings than body jewelry and used it on my left leg...) just as my many earrings (in both my ears) were. They were all sterling silver and never came off, not for showers and not for seasonal needs such as stockings or socks (I did try putting them over the stockings once, but felt wrong). But my anklet wasn't "squiggly" (new English word learnt today :) ) as it was pretty tight fitting and just a simple silver chain around with nothing hanging from it. I'm not going to argue they look the best or the most elegant, but I much preferred having them on always as they really were part of my personality.

I am now a "wiser old lady" (NOT!), do not wear jewelry at all most times, but I did buy a very pretty hand made anklet on a beach in the Carribean a few years ago made of coloured pearls... which I never worn! This thread made me miss them though, so they might just come out of the jewelry box this summer.

It sounds like yours sat much more nicely than some of the ones I've seen. (I think my phobia(??) of this stems from being sat at the front of a school assembly when I was about 12, and having no choice but to simply stare at the teacher's legs as she paced back and forth talking to us. She used to grow her leg hair to about 2 inches long and wear nude tights. All the hairs going in the wrong direction (in a squiggly manor I might add 😉) and being dumbfounded by it at that age, has stuck with me! Now I don't like anything that looks like its caught under a stocking - fluff, jewellery, anything!) 

I know what you mean by jewellery being a 'part' of you though. I was the same with necklaces (I still rarely go out without one on) and all my body jewellery stays in 24/7. 

[suspended user]

suspended user

Jess, I share the horror of your childhood trauma! :)

A bit off topic now, but just wanted to say I have a friend who used to compliment me on "having an eye" for picking out necklaces. If we lived any closer, we could compare our collections, LOL! But if you ever do come my way, feel free to drop a line ;)!

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

Anklets look very pretty but I don't actually own one! I'll have to keep an eye out for one before summer, I bet they look great with sandals and shorts/skirts.

era wrote:

Jess, I share the horror of your childhood trauma! :)

A bit off topic now, but just wanted to say I have a friend who used to compliment me on "having an eye" for picking out necklaces. If we lived any closer, we could compare our collections, LOL! But if you ever do come my way, feel free to drop a line ;)!

^^ Now THIS is a plan. I do love a good spot of neck decor! 

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

My Mum used to tell me not to wear anklets when I a teen because it was the sign of a prostitute, and this was coming from a very non-traditional Mum (she has purple and pink hair) so I can quite imagine that more uptight people who love a good stigma would assume the same thing, but worse. But who cares, right?

I actually think they can look amazing, and I love beaded, braided or boho / Indian inspired designs, but am not personally a fan of a thin metal (gold or silver) chain. I reeeeaaally dislike seeing anklets under tights/stockings. I dislike the way they bunch up under the material and look all squiggly. For me its on a similar plane to socks with sandals, tights with ope toe heels and white socks under a dark suit. I'm a stickler for those things!

For me, I only wear leg jewellery (anklets / toe rings etc) in summer when I can have the bare feet / legs to show them off. The rest of the time I'm wrapped in snuggly socks and tights.

haha^ Got to love parents

My dad said only prostitutes have their ears pierced and my mother/aunties would complain that only gay people wore thumb rings.

Madness.

FrozenAngel wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

haha^ Got to love parents

My dad said only prostitutes have their ears pierced and my mother/aunties would complain that only gay people wore thumb rings.

Madness.

Wow - those are both new ones on me! Amazing isn't how these things came to be a thing?! 

My Mum wasn't keen when I wanted my tongue pierced because according to her at the time "it only has one purpose", but I soon won that argument. Haha.

My Mum is seriously non-traditional though and it generally reeaally open minded, so it makes me wonder what more 'straight edge' or less open minded people think. I'm sure lots of people must think I'm a grade-A thug with my piercings, tattoos and shaved head haha. Oh well! :P 

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

haha, it's weird what people think!

When my son was a baby and he was in a pram I was once told "You should be ashamed as a parents to dress like that" by some random person. I can only put that down to me having tats and piercings with a rather 'gothic' dress code.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

My Mum is seriously non-traditional though and it generally reeaally open minded, so it makes me wonder what more 'straight edge' or less open minded people think. I'm sure lots of people must think I'm a grade-A thug with my piercings, tattoos and shaved head haha. Oh well! :P

I think I would qualify as a "straight edge" person now (again, that getting older theme LOL!). And yes, before getting involved on the forum and with Lovehoney generally speaking, I would have thought of you if we crossed paths on the street that you can't be more than an anarchist. So mainly thanks to you and your interactions on here I have now shed these preconceptions of personal styles and I am honestly grateful for that to you!

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I got my first ankle bracelet when I was about 9/10 years old, and I was super excited about it. Nobody had ever told me it meant something bad, I just thought they looked cool. The first time I wore it out, a grown man came up to me, laughed in my face, and told me I looked like a hooker. I was a very shy and sensitive child so that really upset me, I took it off straight away and never wore it again.

However, I do think that is a ridiculous idea. These days I don't think wearing jewellery means anything, I think ankle chains look very nice :) having said that, I still wouldn't wear one myself again.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.