• Anklets/ Ankle chains

KeptLocked [sign in to see picture]

After a lot of initial persuasion my OH will wear an anklet when out and about.

The initial resistance was that she thought that it was the sign of a loose woman but I believe that may have been the case a long time ago however things have moved on now.

You often see women wearing the bead/ leather thong type ankle bracelets in the summer but what do people thing about the silver or gold chain type?

Do you think that they are attractive or trashy?

Should they be worn under stocking/tights, over them or not at all with them ?

Do they signify anything these days other than a woman likes ankle jewellery?

Any other thoughts.

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

I think they look awesome! Never seen leather thong/beaded ones but hey I love the odea of them too!

Never heard of them signifying any sort of message before.

For me its a summer sort of thing along with flip flops etc.

Being of Indian origin, gold and silver anklets are quite common there as much as you would see a lady wearing bangles and necklace and earrings etc

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

I always wear one, I normally wear a leather one but my last one broke so i bought a silver one until I find another leather one I like... I wear them under tights / stockings because I don't take it off.

I don't think it means anything but once a patient I was looking after noticed mine under my tights and said it used to be a symbol prostitution... this didn't stop me wearing mine.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

I love wearing them and have a special silver one with hearts on that Mr Scorpius bought me. We both think they look very sexy, especially with painted toe nails and sandals in the summer :) xx

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

Scorpius12 wrote:

I love wearing them and have a special silver one with hearts on that Mr Scorpius bought me. We both think they look very sexy, especially with painted toe nails and sandals in the summer :) xx

^ i agree with scorp only I wear flip flops all year round so painted toes, anklet and toe ring stay all year :)

Kinky&Curvy [sign in to see picture]

I like them! I think they only signify that the woman wearing one is confident in herself and her body or that maybe she wants to draw attention to a certain place, similar to a low hanging necklace. I like my ankles and I do have an ankle bracelet but I always seem to wear skinny jeans and uggs usually therefore it's pointless wearing it, which is a shame, but I wouldn't want to break it if I forgot it was there :S

I really should try wear it more often X

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I think the whole "easy" thing is outdated tbh.
    Like only gay men have their ears pierced and only hells angels have tattoos.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

I think they're cute (probably read: sexy. I cant always differentiate).
    Anklets did used to be a symbol of prostitution, but few people know this now a days, and it's barely assoviated due to a lesser stigma around the sex workers industry.
    I really don't see what's wrong with it, and if you like it, that's your answer. Its worth bearing in mind too, that there will always be someone more extreme than you: I'm getting leather ankle restraints, that I'll probably end up wearing out a lot, much the same as my collar

[suspended user]

suspended user

I like them they look very pretty in the summer. I wouldn't wear one in the winter simply because you wouldn't see it.

I've also never hear anything about them having any special meaning.

There's quite a lot on the ole interweb about anklets and their supposed meaning.

If a married woman wears one on her right ankle it means she's open to play - apparently! If it's under her stockings it means she requires a condom to be worn & if over she doesn't.

If she wears it on the left ankle it means her husband doesn't know she's looking for others!!

Wonder if any folk in the club/fetish world have a different view?

Glad no one else has heard of any of this stuff, my OH wears hers out and about with my key and HW on it (as per my avitar) and we've not had any adverse reactions.

snapper [sign in to see picture]

I always thorrought it was

righty tighty

lefty loosey

To imply right ankle not a hope but left ankle ?

Treacletoes [sign in to see picture]

This is really spooky as I had the same thoughts as Keptlocked.

I was not sure but would love to wear one that I had seen in a high street chain of stores with hearts and keys on it which I thought was nice instead of my collar and a bit more subtle but was not sure of the etiquet.....

So am going out to buy one tomorrow x

French Fancy wrote:

This is really spooky as I had the same thoughts as Keptlocked.

I was not sure but would love to wear one that I had seen in a high street chain of stores with hearts and keys on it which I thought was nice instead of my collar and a bit more subtle but was not sure of the etiquet.....

So am going out to buy one tomorrow x

Good for you FF - as I am out and about I see lots of women wearing ankle chains these days and they seem to come from all walks of life - so if there is any hidden meaning it can only be for their OH or intimate friends.

Enjoy wearing your new chain.

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

We where on holiday last month and hubby passed comment on a women wearing a anklet. He said " you can tell ages filthy, she has a anklet!"
    I just rolled my eyes at him because he's a sex pest and thinks everyone is filthy. But judging by these comments there is a theory about anklets. I had never heard it before now.
    Personally I just think they look pretty x

boothy1111 [sign in to see picture]

my understanding of anklets is that it indentifies a hotwife from a cuckold relationship and how it is worn means many different things.

Left leg - husband doesnt know

Right leg - husband knows

under stocking/tights - safe sex

over stocking/tights - bareback

i heard this a while back and tbh honest from my experience in some circumstances i have found this to be true but it is few and far between as they are becoming much more common in fashion and so wouldn't recommend using an anklet as a converstion starter.... if your wrong how embarrassing would it be lol

hope this helps

[suspended user]

suspended user

All this talk has made me want to buy an anklet :)

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

Me too! To be honest, I've never worn one. I just think the style is very 90's/naughties so I haven't really thought about it. But I'm now very intrigued!

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

I remember me and my best friend wore one in our teens back in the early 90's not knowing they actually meant anything they just looked good and we matched.

Strange reading now this now.

MrPink [sign in to see picture]

My first wife believed she had certain 'infallible' ways of knowing if men were gay or couples were into swinging or whatever. In reality, she didn't have a clue, and if you wear an anklet, it's unlikely somebody will pick up on these supposed messages; even if they do it's easier to have a laugh about it than spend your life worrying thst you're giving secret signals to somebody.

If you ike them, wear them. If not, don't. Seems pretty simple to me.

boothy1111 wrote:

my understanding of anklets is that it indentifies a hotwife from a cuckold relationship and how it is worn means many different things.

Left leg - husband doesnt know

Right leg - husband knows

under stocking/tights - safe sex

over stocking/tights - bareback

i heard this a while back and tbh honest from my experience in some circumstances i have found this to be true but it is few and far between as they are becoming much more common in fashion and so wouldn't recommend using an anklet as a converstion starter.... if your wrong how embarrassing would it be lol

hope this helps

Our understanding was pretty much the same as this but I'm intrigued to know in which circumstances your anklet was recognised.

My OH wears hers on the right ankle and under her stockinsg (if wearing any) and it has my key on it as well as the letters HW.

Up to date no one has commented to our knowledge - are we not going to the right places?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.