• Inches

Curly Wurly [sign in to see picture]

I was wondering why everything on Lovehoney is measured in inches?

I can tell you that an 8 inch penis might give you difficulties walking the next day, but if you tell me that something has a 3 inch circumference, I don't know how big that is.

Would it be feasible for measurements in centimeters to start being added to new product descriptions, maybe in brackets next to the inches?

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't understand the measurements meant in CM either.. so to me that's pointless i would still have to get a tape measure out!

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

Curly Wurly wrote:

I was wondering why everything on Lovehoney is measured in inches?

I can tell you that an 8 inch penis might give you difficulties walking the next day, but if you tell me that something has a 3 inch circumference, I don't know how big that is.

Would it be feasible for measurements in centimeters to start being added to new product descriptions, maybe in brackets next to the inches?

I do sympathise, basic rule of thumb one inch is 2.5 cm or 25 mm. There for 8" is 20cm. Hope this helps.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Gem has made a good point - whatever way LH put the measurements, people might have to get a ruler or a tape measure out.

But here you go: 1 inch = 2.54cm

So if it's a 3 inch circumference, it's approx 7.6cm.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

I don't know for sure how big it is in inches, so I wouldn't know in centermeters either.

I obviously have a rough idea, and what I do is base measurements on other toys I have. If I'm looking for a butt plug I'll compare measurements with other butt plugs that I have to get a good idea of its girth.

I think if it was in cm, I would just be as clueless. But inches to cm conversion is petty simple, there's roughly 2.5 cm in an inch. So 3 inches would be 7.5 cm circumference, and I think that's pretty quick and simple to work out in your head.

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't know it in CMs I do however know it in inches. I love that LH give the circumference and insertable length in inches as I know how this then compares to my other items. I HATE it when I'm looking for somethng and it doesn't specify a circumference or insertable length in inches, or when they don't put the circumference in at all and just put the width, more than likely I won't get the item then.

LilMissFrustrated [sign in to see picture]

If i do a review and my height or a measurement is used i do try to do both but sometimes forget.

An old carpenter taught me a neat trick to visualize an inch. Bend you your thumb and from the tip to the outside of the bent knuckle is approximately 1 inch.

MattB [sign in to see picture]

Probably not that helpful with diameter though, as you've first got to divide the circumference by Pi!

subbysam [sign in to see picture]

Surely you can just go on the pizza basis,

check out how many inches large the pizza you normally order is (often a large is 12-14 ) and then imagine everything in fractions of that..

thats how i do it...

is that just me?

I think a few people misunderstood me.

I suggested that it would be good if both, inches and centimeters were included. That way, whatever your preference is, you can still get a jist of how big something is (even if you do still need to get out a tape measure :) ).

Of course, google is only a couple clicks away and you can easily convert anything you need or you could do the sums in your head, but if you're just quickly flicking through the products, you don't want to be converting every single measurement.

subbysam wrote:

Surely you can just go on the pizza basis,

check out how many inches large the pizza you normally order is (often a large is 12-14 ) and then imagine everything in fractions of that..

thats how i do it...

is that just me?

That's a great way to do it! :D

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

I think the reason for inches is simply because any clothing is traditionally worked out in inches. Same with sizes it is. 12,14,16 etc
    As a 43 yr old I only think in inches really.... But my mum used to be a dressmaker... So was around inches all the time.
    I have the same issues with weights... I think in ounces and stones and pounds rather than cm. Height again.inches not cm.. Just can't visualise cm at all

Kittyondrugz [sign in to see picture]

I would also prefer for cm to be featured on product descriptions,alongside the inches. In some countries cm are used a lot more than inches and it will help many foreign buyers.

I do agree. But being a poor old man can I please make one small insight.

I like having an" 8 inch cock" a" 200 millimetre cock" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sorry not bashing metric or being European. Just saying that's all.

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Gentle giant wrote:

I do agree. But being a poor old man can I please make one small insight.

I like having an" 8 inch cock" a" 200 millimetre cock" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sorry not bashing metric or being European. Just saying that's all.

Haha GG, that is pretty much what I was thinking

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

take the measurement you want and type it into google along with the word conversion

eg - 8" conversion

and job done

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

Hmm what sounds better.. I have lost 3. 1/2 inches around my tum or 9 cm!😛

I think still inches🙌

liplocked [sign in to see picture]

I would think that the worst of the confusion maybe comes not from inches versus centimetres, but from measuring the circumference.

Would it not be easier to give the diameter?

I would have no clue how to picture something with a particular circumference in my mind, but if you told me the diameter that would be much easier.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.