• Ich brauche Deutschen!

Stephanie [sign in to see picture]

Hello!

As some of you will know from Frisky Business, I'm doing a lot of stuff on our brand spanking new German site, Lovehoney.de!

I'm currently running a survey and a big old German competition to go with it, but without yet having a loyal customer base like we do in the UK, I'm finding it tough to get the 1,000 responses I need. Can you help?

If you know any German speakers I'd be really grateful if you could send them in the direction of the German blog: http://www.lovehoney.de/blog/2014/05/09/sex-tagebuch-gewinnspiel/

And if you happen to be in Germany at the moment perhaps you could start questioning strangers about their sex habits on my behalf*?! Haha. :)

Thanks everyone!
    Stephanie

*Don't do that, people don't like it when they're trying to enjoy a pretzel and strange tourists start asking them about masturbation. Fact.

repliquant [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Stephanie wrote:

our brand spanking new German site, http://www.lovehoney.de/!

Wouldn't it be better to catch up with the rest of the world and fix international shipping on the mother site instead of launching baby clones here and there? Just wondering ;)

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

Hello!

As some of you will know from Frisky Business, I'm doing a lot of stuff on our brand spanking new German site, http://www.lovehoney.de/!

I'm currently running a survey and a big old German competition to go with it, but without yet having a loyal customer base like we do in the UK, I'm finding it tough to get the 1,000 responses I need. Can you help?

If you know any German speakers I'd be really grateful if you could send them in the direction of the German blog: http://www.lovehoney.de/blog/2014/05/09/sex-tagebuch-gewinnspiel/

And if you happen to be in Germany at the moment perhaps you could start questioning strangers about their sex habits on my behalf*?! Haha. :)

Thanks everyone!
    Stephanie

*Don't do that, people don't like it when they're trying to enjoy a pretzel and strange tourists start asking them about masturbation. Fact.

^ this sounds like you have experiance in eating a pretzel and being asked about masurbation?

repliquant wrote:

our brand spanking new German site, http://www.lovehoney.de/!

Wouldn't it be better to catch up with the rest of the world and fix international shipping on the mother site instead of launching baby clones here and there? Just wondering ;)

International shipping is available from all of our various sites, but Lovehoney.de is in German, which is helpful for our German customers! It also means we can have site-specific sales and blogs and things.

FrozenAngel wrote:

Hello!

[...]

Thanks everyone!
    Stephanie

^ this sounds like you have experiance in eating a pretzel and being asked about masurbation?

Or maybe I've been the strange tourist interrupting innocent lunchers...

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

I totally see you doing the interrupting!

repliquant [sign in to see picture]

International shipping is available from all of our various sites

I know that it is, but it's truly medieval relative to the rest of the world, due to your choices of a shipping company. It is quite absurd for an online merchant to refuse to process a 3-toy order due to weight restrictions (and we're talking quite small things here). In other parts of the world, merchants are more than happy to process orders for dozens of items of all sizes and weights, without bothering the customer with a no-can-do right at the 'add-to-cart' stage. Then there is the funny tracking option: 1. tracking started, 2. radio static, 3. item left the country 4. radio static, 5 radio static, 6.radio static, etc. This bad joke costs several units of her majesty's currency ;) I'm not trying to be evil here, but perhaps you are not even aware of how bad it all is. You might be aware though that customers vote with their feet, and most importantly, their wallets ;) It's all easy to fix, btw. That's my feedback, and now I'll leave you guys alone ;)

but Lovehoney.de is in German, which is helpful for our German customers! It also means we can have site-specific sales and blogs and things.

Naja, but good as it all might sound, I would think that fixing the royalmail schabernack would come first in terms of priority, before you attempt to take on the world ;) Good luck, btw.

lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]

Well, I'll see what I can do to increase the German sales volume .. just stay fair with the pricing - though I doubt your postal prices could be higher than the UK has these days, so 'Wilkommen in Deutschland' .. even if the first deliveries are a courier taking the Eurostar to Köln and then going to the local DHL/UPS/whoever packet shop.

Lovehoney - Matt O [sign in to see picture]

Hi

I'm not sure what problems you have had with internatinal shipping...can you elabaorate?

Annsie [sign in to see picture]

I've kinda had problems with international shipping!

I had two packages delivered to Norway, and because of the discreet packaging, they had to go through a clearance scan. This cost around £15. And in addition to that, my boyfriend had to pay 25% VAT. For a £47 package, he had to pay £33 in fees. None of this is LH's fault, since we should have done our research on VAT prices.

BUT, maybe there could be an option for international shipping to have one of those content stickers? I know this defeats the purpose of discreet packaging, but because there was no sign of what the contents were, there were additional fees - I think these could have been avoided.

That's my minor complaint. No idea what repliquant's was.

Lovehoney - Matt O [sign in to see picture]

This is the first time I have EVER heard of parcels having to go through a ''clearance scan''. We make a declaration on every parcel about what the contents are, so I am really unsure why they have to go through further procedures!

Norways is particularly tough when duties etc are involved, and as you say, it is up to individuals to check about the import duties that may be imposed. I am afraid that there is little we can do make the process slicker for customers, if their countries' are putting restrictions etc on the import of goods.

We are always looking at improving our delivery services and sometimes this does mean that we end up with a better system in certain countries. Our recent partnership with DHL has meant that our customers in Germany are getting a really great service, compared to that which would have been delivered by Royal Mail.

We will never get complacent though....if we can deliver a better service without compromising price, then we will give it a go!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Oooh Now that may be interesting that my company is transporting packages from LH to their customers. I guess I may be glad to my country they are delivered by FedEx

And actually I never had problem with the internation delivery to my country. Well, I did when it was untracked with Royal Mail and Czech post. I had parcels missing and one arrived after a month, none was LH fault. But as LH uses FedEx for tracked, it limited my bad experience to minimal, unless I have small order and choose regular delivery. I often try to stock the order up so I have free FedEx delivery and I really like their service. They call to check if I am home. If I am not, they ask whether I prefer evening re-delivery or if they should arrange the re-delivery for another day, in which case I can choose day time or evening courier.

Andipopandi [sign in to see picture]

Wenn das noch immer gebraucht wird werd ich gerne weiterhelfen.

Happy to help, guess you got my email. What do you need?
    Andi

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Hi Andipopandi,

We're looking for German speakers to do a survey on our new German site. You could win a great prize! Here's the link: http://www.lovehoney.de/blog/2014/05/09/sex-tagebuch-gewinnspiel/

Andipopandi [sign in to see picture]

Hi Nicole.
    Call me Andi please, I have just done the survey, pretty straight forward that.
    Good luck in the German market; I know it well and think that LH could penetrate it fairly easily as something like LH simply isn't available. Run some sensible marketing campaigns, starting from the big cities (Berlin, Hamburg, Dortmund, Munich and Dresden) and see where it goes. Be careful though, Germans don’t like the outspoken message you are sending in the UK, it has to be more subtle for the public not to start protesting.

The entire concept of LH fits perfectly for the German consumers but I believe you will need some rigorous forum moderators that are quite switched on. The forum in the UK basically moderates itself but I don’t think that is going to work in Germany.

Regards.
    Andi

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the tips Andi, I've passed them along. Cheers!

[suspended user]

suspended user

I have completed the survey about a week or so ago, hope it helps. (Just saw this thread today.) Good luck!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Oh, and even if this got out of topic: in six months, since discovering Lovehoney, I had absolutely no issues in receiving my packages and they do usually arrive by post. Have had about 20 orders so far and just three of them came with FedEx. I live in an EU country (not GB), so there are no tax or customs issues, but the local postal service is really REALLY bad. Yet, thus far (today might cause precedent) my packages always arrived before the predicted time upon dispatch or right on time as worst case scenario and with boxes intact.

Twilightgirl123 [sign in to see picture]

Haha, I'm actually learning German. A lovehoney quiz would probably be a good very to perfect it I'll ask my German friends to do the survey

Danke! And thanks for your feedback, era :)

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.